Please explain?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The 3 things we need to do are -

1)Wait till the entire squad is finalised
2)See who Des selects in the 17
3)Give them a chance to prove themselves
Agreed
A new coach
New defensive structure
New attacking structure
A new 5/8
Its going to take a lot of hard work in the preseason to get used to new combinations, but I'm excited to see how it all unfolds.

I suspect there is some money left in the box even with the new ones signed and a few upgrades. After losing Mr Plod, 3 Wrights, Hastings, Darcy, Poo etc, etc and we will sign maybe 2 new guys before in the next couple of weeks.
And those 2 will be wingers, I believe.

Remember that Des and his staff will whip Suli back into shape and fix his attitude in the off season, so he will be much improved with some extra pace. And if Brad Parker ever has a chance to bounce back under the right guidance i would expect that Dessie and his boys will correct his defensive deficiencies and running/ball security issues.

We are going to be a far more fitter squad next season with a major upheaval in our defensive structures, and we have enough pace in our squad with the likes of DCE, Tom, Kelly, Walker. If our defence is sorted we will cruise into the top 8 and be pushing for top 4 if we have minimal injuries.

And those 2 will be wingers, I believe.
If you look at our list we have plenty of outside backs. Kelly walker as centres. That leaves Taufua suli garrick Elliott hoppa funa kioa and parker for only 2 wing spots. Cant see us buying another unless some are let go. By my calculations we only have 2 props and 2 backrowers spare outside our top 17. There may be some changes to the squad but as it stands we'd be looking at another forward for the 30th spot

If you look at our list we have plenty of outside backs. Kelly walker as centres. That leaves Taufua suli garrick Elliott hoppa funa kioa and parker for only 2 wing spots. Cant see us buying another unless some are let go. By my calculations we only have 2 props and 2 backrowers spare outside our top 17. There may be some changes to the squad but as it stands we'd be looking at another forward for the 30th spot
Good opportunity for those want it the most.

Our wingers last year were outside 2 centres that never got early or clean ball and I cannot remember Suli passing the ball to his winger more than once and on the other side Kelly only had about 4 opportunities all year to set up Jorge ....

Ever winger that played outside Jamie Lyon either topped the comp try scoring list or was close to it .... including Mungo T-Rex .... that is how important good ball is and the result of it ..

I think a bit of early ball from the halves and a bit of depth and you will see that our wingers can finish a try ....

As we stand .... Props .. Kapow, AFB, Perret, Sipley, Tanganoa ... 2nd rowers ... Siro, Thommo, GoJetSki, Frank, Waddell,

Definetly a Prop light on for mine ......unless Jake is considered one ...

As we stand .... Props .. Kapow, AFB, Perret, Sipley, Tanganoa ... 2nd rowers ... Siro, Thommo, GoJetSki, Frank, Waddell,

Definetly a Prop light on for mine ......unless Jake is considered one ...
2 injuries to props we would struggle. Definitely a prop short. Maybe des will play jake there but then we're probably short a starting lock. If this squad stays as is then i cant see us buying any backs. There's plenty of talent and speed there, hopefully a Garrick funa suli hoppa have a break out year

Dude, that ramble was about as negative as it gets.
1. Elgey is not a dud.
2. Being a rookie doesn't mean you are a nobody.
3. Ado- Carr is not tall. In fact both him and Taufua are 1.84cm.
4. You don't actually know that Des wants to sign Foran.
5. We've let go several players.
6. Please stop.

Elgey couldn't hold down a spot at the also rans old coast

Duddiest dud that ever did dud

If Des thinks he can work with it I'm happy.
I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve...

Given we are 300k odd in cap arrears and allegedly can't sign a ballboy for 2019, can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN how we have managed to unveil a 29 man squad today that includes no less than NINE new signings:

5 x new players: Elgey and Elliot (complete dud reserve grade Titans) plus Waddell, Garrick and Keppie (rookie nobodies)
4 x promoted juniors: Hopoate, Kioa, Olakau'atu and Cust (talented we're sure but hardly likely to crack first grade save for injury disasters a la Tom Wright).

It doesn't take a genius to figure out than none of them are on major dollars, but surely the cost of Elgey and Elliot alone would have been far better spent on finding at least one mega giant new Fijian winger since we have the very worst wingers in the NRL. If Des thinks we can make the top 4 in 2019 with an ageing Taufua and a featherweight like Parker (lovely kid but honestly he’s no Ado Carr) then he might as well resign now.

Wingers score more tries than any other position and the best teams in the NRL have two wingers who are either:
A. lightning fast or B. massively tall or C. both (i.e. Ado-Carr/Vunivalu; Ferguson/Tupou etc).

Taufua (god love his efforts say 3-4 years ago) is neither fast, or tall, nor can he catch a ball or stay on his wing in defence. Matty Wright was none of the criteria and seems to have left anyway, which leaves, let’s see, Parker or reject Elliot ;both way too small) or let’s see, nobody.

Oh but hang on Des wants to sign Foran (who makes Watmough look fit and healthy) even though we bought Elgey plus promoted Cust plus already have Croker and Hodkinson which adds up to 5 x 5/8’s none of whom would crack first grade anywhere else!

It’s going to be a very, very long season folks.

Here's the last known image of Foran, apparently was wheeling himself to the TAB to put a bet on for someone...

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, and why hasn't des laid the foundations for the new stand at brookie

We're doomed, bring back Trent.

I'm amazed that the club would get rid of an obvious home handyman like Trent, and replace him with someone who either cannot or will not lay foundations for stadia.

Agreed, bring back Trent.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8