Playing Turbo this week is absolutely mental

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Umm?
He's paid to play football, that's his job.

Like most employees that have an extended time off once they are deemed fit for work they generally go back to work as per the employment contract.
Can't say to the boss, but it's only two weeks 'til Christmas!

So he'll be pissed off if not allowed to play Origin this year.
We'll be rooted if he doesn't play a full season next year.

His sort of injuries can happen in mid season, end of season, pre season. If it’s going to go, it’s going to go and if it’s right to go, it’s right to go. I’d love to see him rip it up for 2 more rounds and then tear QLD apart.

Why is it crazy to select one your best players after a long injury lay-off? I’m one who wants to see him play and what difference he brings to our struggling team!

Because if he goes down during Origin and out for 6 months or longer then we'll revisit this discussion.

US sports are far more professional with how they deal with issues like this.

NRL clubs showing zero brains, as per usual.

Umm?
He's paid to play football, that's his job.

Like most employees that have an extended time off once they are deemed fit for work they generally go back to work as per the employment contract.
Can't say to the boss, but it's only two weeks 'til Christmas!
Oh that old chestnut. Professional sports stars are paid to be part of an organisation. Playing is part of it. Training is also 90% of it, media responsibilities, charity responsibilities, appearances, etc etc

In no way do professional sports stars equate to normal 9-5 workers.

The employer needs to manage their asset better.

If it improves his state of mind, then I'm all for it. I would rather him play 2 games compared to doing a full pre-season with no games played and zero confidence in his hammy.

Interesting perspective on the state of mind aspect. Perhaps the club see it as two fairly easy matches with little to play for. A good test of the hammy I guess.

The cynic in me says it's more to do with Origin though.

If medical advice is sound and his injury is healed he plays. He’s as much chance of getting injured round 1 next year or game 3 of origin or this weekend. Initially I thought the same chuck but I’m over seeing some of these second rate players trot out. If he’s fit and healthy we play him. Heck we pay him what 50k a game this year. I want to cheer him on and hopefully win a game.

I don't think turbo is thinking " oh man I gotta play these last 2 games so I get picked for origin !!". I reckon he just wants to get out on the field and play for Manly.
I absolutely think origin is on his mind. I’m sure he want to play for us tho as well.

Interesting perspective on the state of mind aspect. Perhaps the club see it as two fairly easy matches with little to play for. A good test of the hammy I guess.

The cynic in me says it's more to do with Origin though.

I think it's good that we have 2 dead grubbers for him to go out there and test his hamstrings. If the physios and medical professionals say he is good to go then play him to see if any changes made to his running, orthodics etc are validated or need adjustment. I'd prefer this than wait till pre-season and he goes down with another season out. Funa has been a good fill in at FB and regarding Origin TT plays centre so they might put him there to limit his running. As part of any rehab as soon as you are ready you need to get back to using the muscle/tendon to get it back to where it should be otherwise you limit range of motion.

The club wouldn't be putting him out there as risk to his rehab. If he is ready then that's good enough for me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4