Players I'd like to meet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Just reading a great Big League article on the great Kevin Ward and would really like to sit down and have a beer with that bloke.
Just a player I'd like to meet.
Got any others?

Manly based I’d like to talk to Ian Roberts.
Non-Manly, I’d go for Brett Kenny.
When I ran into Ian 2 weeks ago I was smiling at his surprise at being recognized for his footy.
Said a couple of times that he is remembered fondly and he was genuinely surprised :inlove:

Players don't realize the emotional bonds we form through cheering them on for years or sympathizing with whatever misfortune may have touched their lives :happy:

To me 1996 was like yesterday and still recall being devastated that he and Ridgey left to Super League :(

Last edited:
When I ran into Ian 2 weeks ago I was smiling at his surprise at being recognized for his footy.
Said a couple of times that he is remembered fondly and he was genuinely surprised :inlove:

Players don't realize the emotional bonds we form through cheering them on for years or sympathizing with whatever misfortune may have touched their lives :happy:

To me 1996 was like yesterday and still recall being devastated that he and Ridgey left to Super League :(
He probably would've preferred to be greeted as Danny 'Foghorn' McCormack...

Last edited:
He probably would've preferred to greeted as Danny 'Foghorn' McCormack...
How fit was he in the Easts episode?! (Let me just add my heterosexual disclaimer in here), but deadset, he’s 54 now, and I’m watching the scene thinking you would not look out of place back in the maroon and white playing off the bench this year. Fit as fvck.

How fit was he in the Easts episode?! (Let me just add my heterosexual disclaimer in here), but deadset, he’s 54 now, and I’m watching the scene thinking you would not look out of place back in the maroon and white playing off the bench this year. Fit as fvck.
Poor man is limping badly just like Mal Cochrane - cartilage left on Brookie :(

There is a great little mini series on the ABC called Les Norton which is an adaption of a series of books by Robert G Barrett. Ian Roberts has a bit part as a bouncer, he looks fit enough to play now. He is a bloody big unit what a great player.

He was a bit behind the other blokes in the training scenes,(coming from the ultimate athlete here), and reading what @HappilyManly said about his knee in not surprised...

Love to sit down for dinner with Don Bradman.

Got to meet , and sit down with ( at a men of league lunch in Brisbane ), the great Igor.

I was in 7th heaven.

Last edited:
One bloke I'd be steering clear of getting in a shout with would be Noa Nadruku

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4