Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Players I'd like to meet

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Just reading a great Big League article on the great Kevin Ward and would really like to sit down and have a beer with that bloke.
Just a player I'd like to meet.
Got any others?

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Manly based I’d like to talk to Ian Roberts.
Non-Manly, I’d go for Brett Kenny.

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
Manly based I’d like to talk to Ian Roberts.
Non-Manly, I’d go for Brett Kenny.
When I ran into Ian 2 weeks ago I was smiling at his surprise at being recognized for his footy.
Said a couple of times that he is remembered fondly and he was genuinely surprised :inlove:

Players don't realize the emotional bonds we form through cheering them on for years or sympathizing with whatever misfortune may have touched their lives :happy:

To me 1996 was like yesterday and still recall being devastated that he and Ridgey left to Super League :(

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

Alana Ferguson.

Would love to have a good chat with her over brekky in bed @:cool:

Harvies elbow

Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
When I ran into Ian 2 weeks ago I was smiling at his surprise at being recognized for his footy.
Said a couple of times that he is remembered fondly and he was genuinely surprised :inlove:

Players don't realize the emotional bonds we form through cheering them on for years or sympathizing with whatever misfortune may have touched their lives :happy:

To me 1996 was like yesterday and still recall being devastated that he and Ridgey left to Super League :(
He probably would've preferred to be greeted as Danny 'Foghorn' McCormack...

Last edited:

wombatgc

Sausage roll eating keyboard warrior.
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
He probably would've preferred to greeted as Danny 'Foghorn' McCormack...
How fit was he in the Easts episode?! (Let me just add my heterosexual disclaimer in here), but deadset, he’s 54 now, and I’m watching the scene thinking you would not look out of place back in the maroon and white playing off the bench this year. Fit as fvck.

HappilyManly

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Premiership #9 is due!
Premium Member
How fit was he in the Easts episode?! (Let me just add my heterosexual disclaimer in here), but deadset, he’s 54 now, and I’m watching the scene thinking you would not look out of place back in the maroon and white playing off the bench this year. Fit as fvck.
Poor man is limping badly just like Mal Cochrane - cartilage left on Brookie :(

Sheikheagle

There is a great little mini series on the ABC called Les Norton which is an adaption of a series of books by Robert G Barrett. Ian Roberts has a bit part as a bouncer, he looks fit enough to play now. He is a bloody big unit what a great player.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

bob dylan

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor

Harvies elbow

Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
He was a bit behind the other blokes in the training scenes,(coming from the ultimate athlete here), and reading what @HappilyManly said about his knee in not surprised...

bob dylan

Premium Member
Super Coach Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Walter Lindrum was my 2nd pick.

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Love to sit down for dinner with Don Bradman.

Got to meet , and sit down with ( at a men of league lunch in Brisbane ), the great Igor.

I was in 7th heaven.

Last edited:

TWO DOGS

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I would like to meat Megan Barnard.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member