Players for next year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are losing a lot of talent next year :
  • Foran
  • Walker
  • Marty
  • Davey
  • Jorge
  • Boyle

For little return so far :
- Tuilagi

Crazy to think we have no room to offer a quality player a contract for next year. I know we have upgrade a few of the younger boys which I’m not against, but we really need more bang for buck from our mid tier players.

I guess we are looking to promote from within for the long term which is a great strategy. We have some great talent waiting in the wings in Fafita, Weekes, Fulton, Sykes, Tuitavake, Humphreys, Roumanos, Ott and The Fainu boys.

If we promote from within we can’t be paying market price for these contracts. These must value for money as they all want to play together long term.

• Foran
  • Walker
  • Marty
  • Davey
  • Jorge
  • Boyle

- Tuilagi

Crazy to think we have no room to offer a quality player a contract for next year. I know we have upgrade a few of the younger boys which I’m not against, but we really need more bang for buck from our mid tier players.

I guess we are looking to promote from within for the long term which is a great strategy. We have some great talent waiting in the wings in Fafita, Weekes, Fulton, Sykes, Tuitavake, Humphreys, Roumanos, Ott and The Fainu boys.

If we promote from within we can’t be paying market price for these contracts. These must value for money as they all want to play together long term.
It just makes no sense at all. None.. We are just going backwards ......

Then how the hell can we not see value in Davey. Also how can we be maxed out on salary next year. Are we still paying rediculous overs for the halfback myth and porcelain man. Surely unloading Marty, Davey, Jorge, Foran , Boyle, Walker hasn't just been absorbed up by those 2 as well as a disinterested Schuster and some butt average backs and props.
Be interested to know the terms, why we didn’t see value in Davey or how we can’t afford him is beyond me, I see the value, we need mobile forwards, I don’t need to explain his worth, we all get it, especially if you watch the game.
He has either been seen as surplus or not worth retaining giving Kelima and Guac will most likely share our SR next year, thing is Kelima’s not an 80 minute player. (Bully on the bench as an extra edge and or middle, perhaps!)
I though Davey may have been worth a shot in the FR rotation, (especially if Marty moves on) giving us some extra mobility and leg speed up front (similar to Tapine, would of just been better if we had of pinched Joe before he kissed and made up with sticky) of the players you’ve listed, maybe Boyle won‘t be leaving, but with the others and Marty leaving, if it happens surely we have some cap space, I also thought there was talk the cap would increase as well.
You mentioned our signings and retention in an earlier post, i get it and kind of feel very similar, maybe the full story on our roster for next year is yet to be revealed and hopefully might have a couple of pleasant twists and turns to come, I won’t however be holding my breath.

Wow we've signed Nathaniel Roache. Played 27 nrl games and he's 26. An injury prone hooker. So why do we need that when we've already got GKC , Seggy , Lawton , Croker and Fainu or do they know one of them is going away.

No inside knowledge but just picking up on a few things from posters with a bit more club insight , the cap is already just about maxed out for next season , Not too sure whether Manise is even still on the books for next season , maybe he is but then this Nathan Roache signing No Segearo perhaps or to be retained , . Roache could be taking his place and still some likelihood Fainu will be available again . Key seems to be as always keeping Turbo on the field , not a bad line up still around him and still a good array of talent in the present mix if injuries don 't hamper Manly 's chances again next season .
Manase has already been offered a two year deal from next year if he's cleared
It just makes no sense at all. None.. We are just going backwards ......
The big three contracts are killing us

I think we are building nicely from within , I’d rather upgrade a few of them than try and spend big $$$ on a ????
Penrith are the perfect example of the benefits from building from within.Granted they have a bigger nursery but you should,by rights,be able to keep players for a little less if they’re locals or the very least,come through the system with so many other players

Last edited:
Just read that Davey gone to the dogs. Are we fu*king kidding here or what. Is this club determined to overtake the Tigers, Titans and Warriors as the biggest joke basketcase in the league. Do we have any sort of recruitment strategy. The whole place is spinning down the fu*king toilet while we pile all our salary cap into a myth halfback, a bench sitting fullback and nothing else. I can't believe why we cannot recruit any decent players for the last 5 years apart from what I just said. I don't think I can continue to waste my emotions on a club that seems determined to self destruct at every turn.
Tony Mestrov starts his gig tomorrow.
He doesn’t fck around based on his previous positions.
He has a real opportunity to put the broom through the place , turn things around and become a legend.
I really believe he can do it and we can get our Club back where it should be.
Good luck Tony !

• Foran
  • Walker
  • Marty
  • Davey
  • Jorge
  • Boyle

- Tuilagi

Gota feeling we may of paid a bit more to keep this group, I'm all for it anyway. There's some great talent going to come through in the next 3yrs, exciting times ahead.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8