Players for next year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just read that Davey gone to the dogs. Are we fu*king kidding here or what. Is this club determined to overtake the Tigers, Titans and Warriors as the biggest joke basketcase in the league. Do we have any sort of recruitment strategy. The whole place is spinning down the fu*king toilet while we pile all our salary cap into a myth halfback, a bench sitting fullback and nothing else. I can't believe why we cannot recruit any decent players for the last 5 years apart from what I just said. I don't think I can continue to waste my emotions on a club that seems determined to self destruct at every turn.
Agreed Mick, on top of all that they decide to push social causes that have nothing to do with Rugby League or the club at all. How about just concentrating on playing and winning games and premierships and not getting distracted. I've followed this club since 1963. Never been more disillusioned with our leadership and direction. We've morphed into perennial losers. The pride and the passion has died I'm afraid.

Players like Bullemore and Fulton showed they've got what it takes last round, they're ready to be in the top side and save us a few bucks in the process.

If Fainu gets cleared I wouldnt be surprised to see Croker in the 6.
Like your first suggestion but 2 nd suggestion seems a bit Alien to me

Well sure why not, maybe in the future.
I think Saddler had a bit to offer.
Also thought that Saddler had some good attributes . Would be quite sad if his serious injury did affect his footy or approach to top level footy when he did return last season .

Players like Bullemore and Fulton showed they've got what it takes last round, they're ready to be in the top side and save us a few bucks in the process.

If Fainu gets cleared I wouldnt be surprised to see Croker in the 6.
Croker is too slow for 6. he has made hooker his position now,

I'm only sad we let Foran go.. Too bad DCE's contract is so huge that the club couldn't offer his best mate something more decent. We are forced to look within to our youth which may pay off dividends in the long term.
Ahh let’s not forget the other two million for two brothers

Well sure why not, maybe in the future.
I think Saddler had a bit to offer.
Perhaps

Personally Im not sure either plays moe than 25 first grade games.

Had high hopes for S Fainu at one stage but for whatever reason he really seemed to stagnate

Agreed Mick, on top of all that they decide to push social causes that have nothing to do with Rugby League or the club at all. How about just concentrating on playing and winning games and premierships and not getting distracted. I've followed this club since 1963. Never been more disillusioned with our leadership and direction. We've morphed into perennial losers. The pride and the passion has died I'm afraid.
I don't necessarily agree that we're becoming a basket case and there's no pride or passion left. I think there's still great team there and we can make an impact in the NRL - maybe not this year but next year. I do wonder how we're losing so many players but seemingly picking up very few?? By my reckoning we're losing 3-4 players this year (maybe more, I'm not 100% sure) and as far as I can tell we've signed one - Kelma Taulangi?? Am I missing something??

There will still be movement to come IMO

1.Trbojevic
2.Garrick
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Saab
6.Shuster
7.DCE
8.Aloiai
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Jake

14.Weekes
15.Keppie
16.Sipley
17.Lawton

18.Tuipulotu
19.Harper
20.Ben Trbojevic
21.Bullemor
22.Tuitavake

Above are the top 30 players I'm certain have contracts next year.

Then you have development guys like Humphries, Fulton, Sykes, Fifita and Chan Kum Tong. Say 2 of those go top 30 that makes us 24.

Fainu if he gets off 25.

Boyle maybe get resigned on minimum 1 year....thats 26.

Roache is only signedon a train and trial atm.

So basically we will see some new faces IMO.

I remember reading us as being keen on Palasia so there must be some level of budget.

*note my team above was just for counting numbers so lets not get into Tuipulotu ahead of Saab etc etc

Not sure why so many people get upset by the signings or lack of,more importantly.The League market at the moment is very scarce.You only have to look at the Dolphins recruits to realise that and how many of them would you want at Manly?There are plenty of young players coming through with talent,so I suspect the club is investing heavily in the hope they produce.Even the current first grade side has a lot of inexperience in it.Some are even a few yrs away from their peak.A lot will depend on the Manase Fainu outcome

Perhaps

Personally Im not sure either plays moe than 25 first grade games.

Had high hopes for S Fainu at one stage but for whatever reason he really seemed to stagnate
Well yeah nothing is ever for certain.. I remember not many thinking too much of ramien either when he left though. I was pissed at the time we let him go. Look how that turned out? Although I'm not so fussed over fainu, I think he has potential to be a first grader though. And I know he got injured, and it may have been the reason we let Saddler go, but I would have him over keppie in my opinion pre injury. The youngens we have brought in have been quality I can't deny, the only problem will be holding on to them due to our cap.

We seem to be relying on juniors coming through to supplement the Top 30 squad. We have had quite a few very good players in recent years: Olakatau, Kola just to name a few but I am not sure if the next batch are of the same standard.

I guess we are expecting (hoping) the likes of Fulton, Tuitavake to fill a few spots. Not a lot in outside backs.

Player I just saw is off contract on zero tackle (so no idea if true) is Jackson Topine.

Could be a handy cheap pickup.

Players still on the market who I see some value in are

Jackson Topine
Jock Madden
Keena Palasia
Also Deine Mariner who I'm not sure is off contract but there is a logjam of players in front of him atm

Player I just saw is off contract on zero tackle (so no idea if true) is Jackson Topine.

Could be a handy cheap pickup.

Players still on the market who I see some value in are

Jackson Topine
Jock Madden
Keena Palasia
Also Deine Mariner who I'm not sure is off contract but there is a logjam of players in front of him atm
I know I keep harping on about Mariner, but he would be a good get. Kid is gonna be a gun I reckon.

The main position I would be looking at is the 13 , do we keep Jake or can Lawton do the job , Fainu, Croker, Fulton, Shu Someone who can play big minutes, good defence and be that link player ,Walker did a pretty good job , I think Jake will be better moving into the prop rotation but need someone ta take up the defensive load if he goes off

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8