Players for next year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From a Panthers full strength? Fair enough mate. But how about like for like.

i.e. does Jake take the 13 spot, Schuster the 6, Haumole the 11?

I agree with Turbo at 1 tho.
Bench

Garrick hard done by but May looks great

It's an interesting post. If we are being legitimate, I'd say Turbo and Olakau'atu would be the only players that could break into that side (Penrith).

And that says everything.
At least we'd have a $1mil halfback who is worth it and earns it. Not a myth.

Currently I'd have Turbo starting at fullback.

Jake, Haumole and Schuster on the Bench
Really, would you pay all that money for Turbo and Schuster to play 30% of the year or Edwards and Luai/Yeo who play 90%.

How about a Storm side.

Papenhausen
Garrick
Olam
Smith
Coates
Munster
Hughes
Schuster
Olakau'atu
Kaufusi
NAS
Grant
Welch

Bromwich
Bromwich
Kamikamica
Jake T

Really, would you pay all that money for Turbo and Schuster to play 30% of the year or Edwards and Luai/Yeo who play 90%.
Huh?

I dont know how to better explain this, If I was picking a combined Penrith Manly team this week it would probably look like the below.

1.Trbojevic
2.To'o
3.Crichton
4.Tago
5.May
6.Luai
7.Cleary
8.JFH
9.Korisou
10.Leota
11.Kikau
12.Martin
13.Yeo

15.Schuster
16.J Trbojevic
11.Olakau'atu

14 dunno if Id go a a utility of another prop.

Anyway...this is a fairly meaningless chat haha

Huh?

I dont know how to better explain this, If I was picking a combined Penrith Manly team this week it would probably look like the below.

1.Trbojevic
2.To'o
3.Crichton
4.Tago
5.May
6.Luai
7.Cleary
8.JFH
9.Korisou
10.Leota
11.Kikau
12.Martin
13.Yeo

15.Schuster
16.J Trbojevic
11.Olakau'atu

14 dunno if Id go a a utility of another prop.

Anyway...this is a fairly meaningless chat haha
Well this Penrith v Cows game has turned boring and Manly suck so gotta find something meaningless haha.

Thought I'd give this thread a bump following this piece in today's Telegraph, rating each NRL team's 2022 recruitment. Guess who got the worst grade? That's right, with the only E grade of the lot, the recruitment-shy Manly Sea Eagles:

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Rating: E

2022 signings: Ethan Bullemor (Broncos)

Who they lost: Curtis Sironen (St Helens), Moses Suli, Jack Gosiewski (Dragons) Tevita Pangai Jr Funa (Waratahs), Zac Saddler (released).

Not much to write about given the Sea Eagles focused much of their attention towards retaining and upgrading their rising stars. Bullemor started the year in first grade and played the opening three games before losing his spot. Has featured in eight games this year.

What still stands out for me is that we only recruited one player. And again, next year we'll be losing plenty (Tapau and Dylan Walker being on very good coin) but so far have only gained one (Kelma Tuilagi). We're also letting Foz and Davey (apparently to the Bulldogs now), two of our best players all season, go, and what? Hoping for the best? Investing in our youth?

Is this a deliberate strategy? Is it even a strategy at all? Are we so sick and tired of hearing about all the players we recruited in the 70s, 80s and 90s that we've decided to make amends by never recruiting a decent player again?

Thought I'd give this thread a bump following this piece in today's Telegraph, rating each NRL team's 2022 recruitment. Guess who got the worst grade? That's right, with the only E grade of the lot, the recruitment-shy Manly Sea Eagles:

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Rating: E

2022 signings: Ethan Bullemor (Broncos)

Who they lost: Curtis Sironen (St Helens), Moses Suli, Jack Gosiewski (Dragons) Tevita Pangai Jr Funa (Waratahs), Zac Saddler (released).

Not much to write about given the Sea Eagles focused much of their attention towards retaining and upgrading their rising stars. Bullemor started the year in first grade and played the opening three games before losing his spot. Has featured in eight games this year.

What still stands out for me is that we only recruited one player. And again, next year we'll be losing plenty (Tapau and Dylan Walker being on very good coin) but so far have only gained one (Kelma Tuilagi). We're also letting Foz and Davey (apparently to the Bulldogs now), two of our best players all season, go, and what? Hoping for the best? Investing in our youth?

Is this a deliberate strategy? Is it even a strategy at all? Are we so sick and tired of hearing about all the players we recruited in the 70s, 80s and 90s that we've decided to make amends by never recruiting a decent player again?
Guess that the roster still has to be governed with D C E , Turbo and Jake absorbing 3 mil of the cap for some time yet . Walker may be the major loss [ even allowing for Davey 's solid role ] Need more then Jake 's overall value as a 13 , maybe there could be a way of transiting Josh [ Shu ] to a 13 role and having another 6 to fill Foz 's role . Tuilagi should be a good addition , Tuitavake , Fifita and Sykes and Fulton are good up and comers . Looks like centres will be koula , then whoever most likely can be the best option out of Tippy Toes , Harper and Parker . Still quite a bit of depth in other positions and really don 't need any high profile signings , just that 6 void to cater for .

I’m not really up on things recruitment wise in the NRL but apart from Munster which decent players are out there to recruit that we can afford and are coming off contract

Just read that Davey gone to the dogs. Are we fu*king kidding here or what. Is this club determined to overtake the Tigers, Titans and Warriors as the biggest joke basketcase in the league. Do we have any sort of recruitment strategy. The whole place is spinning down the fu*king toilet while we pile all our salary cap into a myth halfback, a bench sitting fullback and nothing else. I can't believe why we cannot recruit any decent players for the last 5 years apart from what I just said. I don't think I can continue to waste my emotions on a club that seems determined to self destruct at every turn.

Guess that the roster still has to be governed with D C E , Turbo and Jake absorbing 3 mil of the cap for some time yet . Walker may be the major loss [ even allowing for Davey 's solid role ] Need more then Jake 's overall value as a 13 , maybe there could be a way of transiting Josh [ Shu ] to a 13 role and having another 6 to fill Foz 's role . Tuilagi should be a good addition , Tuitavake , Fifita and Sykes and Fulton are good up and comers . Looks like centres will be koula , then whoever most likely can be the best option out of Tippy Toes , Harper and Parker . Still quite a bit of depth in other positions and really don 't need any high profile signings , just that 6 void to cater for .
It definitely is a worry. We need to make some moves behind the scenes. There's a possibility we could go backwards again next year. I see we've signed roache on a train and trial, not a big signing but definitely adds some value money wise for mine if he can stay injury free. But with foz gone, turbo never on the field, none of our young props ever finding consistency, the question mark over Schusters fitness. Probably one quality centre short as well. There are some indicators next year could be more of the same for us. I really hope recruitment have something more in the works other than tuilagi and roache. The club and the fans need a signing that brings some excitement

Just read that Davey gone to the dogs. Are we fu*king kidding here or what. Is this club determined to overtake the Tigers, Titans and Warriors as the biggest joke basketcase in the league. Do we have any sort of recruitment strategy. The whole place is spinning down the fu*king toilet while we pile all our salary cap into a myth halfback, a bench sitting fullback and nothing else. I can't believe why we cannot recruit any decent players for the last 5 years apart from what I just said. I don't think I can continue to waste my emotions on a club that seems determined to self destruct at every turn.
I thought Davey had signed for the Eels? What's your source?

Big IF, but if Manase gets off his charge. We could potentially have the best 1-2 punch at hooker in the comp next year given the improvement of Croker this year.

I can also see a future for Garrick at centre given his improvement and quality at 1. Why not get him closer to the action and keep Saab and Tui on the wings?

There was some murmur or a swap for Nathan Brown / Marty Taupau. I would think Nathan Brown would bring is more defensive starch, faster line speed etc. I like the idea if they can make it happen.

It was originally reported that Davey was going to Doesn'tmatta, which would have been even worse.
The following is an observation: not a political or cultural statement. We seem to becoming a club with a strong Pasifika playing group. I've not done my research but it seems we have a high percentage of Pacifika players compared to other clubs. The two recruits that we have been told about for 2023 are both Pacifika.
Do you think this is a deliberate strategy or just the way RL has evolved?

It definitely is a worry. We need to make some moves behind the scenes. There's a possibility we could go backwards again next year. I see we've signed roache on a train and trial, not a big signing but definitely adds some value money wise for mine if he can stay injury free. But with foz gone, turbo never on the field, none of our young props ever finding consistency, the question mark over Schusters fitness. Probably one quality centre short as well. There are some indicators next year could be more of the same for us. I really hope recruitment have something more in the works other than tuilagi and roache. The club and the fans need a signing that brings some excitement
No inside knowledge but just picking up on a few things from posters with a bit more club insight , the cap is already just about maxed out for next season , Not too sure whether Manise is even still on the books for next season , maybe he is but then this Nathan Roache signing No Segearo perhaps or to be retained , . Roache could be taking his place and still some likelihood Fainu will be available again . Key seems to be as always keeping Turbo on the field , not a bad line up still around him and still a good array of talent in the present mix if injuries don 't hamper Manly 's chances again next season .

E
No inside knowledge but just picking up on a few things from posters with a bit more club insight , the cap is already just about maxed out for next season , Not too sure whether Manise is even still on the books for next season , maybe he is but then this Nathan Roache signing No Segearo perhaps or to be retained , . Roache could be taking his place and still some likelihood Fainu will be available again . Key seems to be as always keeping Turbo on the field , not a bad line up still around him and still a good array of talent in the present mix if injuries don 't hamper Manly 's chances again next season .
Exactly, and this is a worry in my opinion. I'm easy on the segeyaro front to be fair. I can't really see him making a difference for us. Roache is worth a gamble if he can save a little coin if he is to replace seg. Fainu has spent years out of the game, Who's to say he will be the same player either. I think the club have been a bit trigger happy in upgrading players deals or overpaying for certain players. There are just too many questionable things and doubts in my opinion already going into next year. The rainbow fiasco hasn't helped any. I seen someone reference an article around parra and 'stability' in regards to our recruitment or there lack of. But I feel we are far from stability in our roster. Our marquee player can't stay on the field, and our hopes of success again balance on his health

Who's Nathan Roache Al?

It's widely thought that our on-field success relies on one player (Turbo) more than another other club. Perhaps. But most of the other clubs also struggle when their marquee player is missing, ie:
Souffs = Latreen; Easts = Teddy (who is rarely injured); Melbourne = Papsmear; Newcastle = Pongy; Warriors = Walsh......

Wouldn’t of minded seeing Davey retained, but since it appears that ships sailed. His going to the dogs (if true) may be because Papalii is flipping on his Tigers deal, making him redundant to the Slime.
Then how the hell can we not see value in Davey. Also how can we be maxed out on salary next year. Are we still paying rediculous overs for the halfback myth and porcelain man. Surely unloading Marty, Davey, Jorge, Foran , Boyle, Walker hasn't just been absorbed up by those 2 as well as a disinterested Schuster and some butt average backs and props.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10