Player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagledave

Reserve Grader
Amazingly after last year, it seems that we have plenty of forward depth. I'd love to see a player swap for a winger. Can you think of any quality or promising wingers that seem unwanted by clubs that could do with another forward? From what Ive heard on this forum the club could be willing to swap a Buhrer or Lawrence or Mateo or Starling? Maybe a Tiger?

Lol I can't imagine what kind of plonkers you'd get for Burgess in a trade. For a trade to work you'd need to offer someone with value. Even Buhrer has limited value right now because of his injuries. You offer someone like that and you'll get damaged goods back.

You'd probably only get something decent for a young player who's on the cusp but can't get in. Any old guy who's been dropped or injuries - you'll be getting a dud back.

Swap deal with raiders we give them Lawrence coz they want props and they can give us Brenko Lee

You would have to find a team desperate for a forward, unfortunately for us the storm are desperate for outside backs at the moment so the price just went up.

If Mcguire is in the **** list up at the Broncos, we should ha e a go for him. I don't care who he ratted out. We have plenty of moles so why not add a rat.

If we need a back we should go to Penrith. They have about 1,000 young outside backs. Gus was talking quite glowingly about Baz so there is obviously no hard feelings there. Hit him up.

jeff robson has had a fantastic career. He has been a great player for whoever he turns out for. I will never forget that game he played for us against parra. One of our best victories of the modern era. I can't see him going beyond this year but the fact he has played first grade for so long is testament to his commitment and drive and willingness to dig deep.

McFadden has no idea dropping him from the warriors. I know they won tonight but their issue is that Sean Johnson has the yips since breaking his leg and hasn't taken the line on this year.

But no we don't need Robson. We just needed Isaac John not to be injured on Thursday.

Swap deal with raiders we give them Lawrence coz they want props and they can give us Brenko Lee

They wanted props. They also good them. Not a year early but they met their quota. They already have a monster pack and Paulo will be even more valuable by the time he gets there. If they stay together, that side will be on high notice in 2017.

I would still swap Burgess/Starlo for Gutho 'to ease those swimey eels salary cap woes' or If Baz and Gus could cut a deal for a 'homesick and injury prone till he came home whare' then that would be fine too haha

Both Lee's from the raiders would be a massive coup if we could but Edrick's an origin in waiting winger and Ricky fought the Storm off hard to keep Brenko.

Lol I can't imagine what kind of plonkers you'd get for Burgess in a trade. For a trade to work you'd need to offer someone with value. Even Buhrer has limited value right now because of his injuries. You offer someone like that and you'll get damaged goods back.

You'd probably only get something decent for a young player who's on the cusp but can't get in. Any old guy who's been dropped or injuries - you'll be getting a dud back.
Are you a pom loobs.

What I would like is genuine speed on the wing. Even Tom T isn't quick off the mark, he goes alright when he has wound up, but more often then not it's that first few metres which matter.

What is your obsession with Brenko Lee? Lawrence any day over him. In fact, I wouldn't swap anyone for Lee.
I'm not talking the tall winger you know. If it's the one in 20s we are talking about, I think his strength and speed are what makes him great but he suck great vision IMO big fan but wouldn't mind Winterstein either. Who are your Options to find out side backs to replace snake Lyon and Matai?

The honest truth is that I don't know who we should chase to eventually replace Killer and Skivy. And either way I can't see them being moved on until at least after this season is done with.

And we all know that Killer wants to play on in 2017, he's come out publicly and said so.

I've actually always seen Jorge as the long term centre replacement for Skivy. They have similar styles of play and both play the same side of the field so not much would change and it would allow us to have hopefully a fast winger who can catch bombs and doesn't drop the ball like its wet soap every other game.

Although TB constantly says that Walker is our long term 5/8, he is also an option in the centres. But since he's not doing too bad for someone who isn't a play maker I'd say that its not the preference (besides, he was signed to be a running 5/8 with DCE the play maker). But it could work especially if they eventually decide that Api can play 5/8 full time.

Of those we have already at the club.....I suppose Nathan Green is a centre option, as is Lewis Brown (which would leave Ferris as the utility). Wiliame is a wing/centre option and then there is Goodall and Lavaka.

Damn, thankfully I don't have to make these decisions lol

What I would like is genuine speed on the wing. Even Tom T isn't quick off the mark, he goes alright when he has wound up, but more often then not it's that first few metres which matter.

Once he gets motoring there aren't many in the NRL who are faster than Tommy. There are some, but not many. However, you're correct about his speed off the mark. Its that lack of explosive acceleration that actually cost him the try against the Cowboys in Townsville last year. He took off and even JT had him done over the first 10 which led to the ankle tap that slowed him enough to be almost caught by (I think) Winterstein before Morgan finally got him on the line.

Isn't Matt Shirvington the clubs speed guru? Maybe he should be working with Tommy to improve his speed off the mark. If he can get that explosive acceleration he'd be even more dangerous. Hell, Melinda Gainsford-Taylor could teach Tommy a thing or two about speed off the mark.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6