Player - Hall of Fame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lol

The only reason Randall didnt play 30 Tests is because Australia never played a Test from after the 1973 Kangaroo tour until the 1978 one off Tests vs NZ when Randall was named on the bench but not used.
Agree with all you have said Bob.
Randall broke his hand in a tour game on the 73 tour ruling out any test appearances.
Then came years of world cup/series games that only recently have been recognised as tests.
He was selected but withdrew due to injury the 78 kangaroo tour.
Randall revolutionised tackling in his era.
No one got close to him.
In that group of players nominated there were 2 game changers.
Eric Simms and Terry Randall.
Both should have been selected imo.
And
What organisation announces the winners before the awards night.
Yep.
The NRL...

Buderus & Young in Hall of Fame..........as Don McKinnon would say....."are they taking the piss" hahahahaha.
Seriously what has Buderus done to deserve being chosen. Absolute joke! So many others more deserving. I guess coz he's from the Knights. They seem to be everyone's darlings!

I certainly think Buderus is deserving.

Remember this is the hall of fame not the immortals

And yes yes, I agree Randall, Krilich, Tooveyy et al all also deserve to be there and I believe in time they all will be

Randall will get there, there is still plenty of backfilling to do

Wiki played 55 tests....
Yes 55 tests for a country that has a very small pool of players to choose from, in an era when many tests were played.

Whereas in 1976 for example, there were no tests/internationals played involving Australia. The closest thing was an end of year Sydney tour of NZ, for players from teams outside the finals. Randall, in a Manly premiership year, would have been an automatic selection if Australia had played tests that year.

As late as 1981, chairman of selectors Ernie Hammerton said that Krilich and Randall were in the selectors sights for the test team that year. The fact that Krilich was back the following year (Randall was under lengthy suspension), suggests that Hammerton’s claim wasn’t an idle one.

For people that are too young to remember Randall as a player, he was one of the most feared and imposing footballers of any era, with good reason.

Last edited:
Perhaps Igor was considered......

Hall of Fame Meeting:

Judge#1: Terry Randall? What are his stats?
Judge#2: Look up Wiki.
Judge#1: But what about Randall? Everyone he played against rated him the hardest player ever. How many tests did he play?
Judge#2: Check Wiki.
Judge#1: I think we should consider Igor, he must have played in 5 or 6 Grand Finals, how many did he win in?
Judge#2: Wiki's the go.
Judge#1: F@!# it then! Rubin it is!
:D

Last edited:
Yes 55 tests for a country that has a very small pool of players to choose from, in an era when many tests were played.

Whereas in 1976 for example, there were no tests/internationals played involving Australia. The closest thing was an end of year Sydney tour of NZ, for players from teams outside the finals. Randall, in a Manly premiership year, would have been an automatic selection if Australia had played tests that year.

As late as 1981, chairman of selectors Ernie Hammerton said that Krilich and Randall were in the selectors sights for the test team that year. The fact that Krilich was back the following year (Randall was under lengthy suspension), suggests that Hammerton’s claim wasn’t an idle one.

For people that are too young to remember Randall as a player, he was one of the most feared and imposing footballers of any era, with good reason.

Mate I'm not claiming Randall shouldn't be in.............nor am I claiming that one player is better than the other

Just don't see the need to tear down players like the 4 inducted who all contributed greatly to our game.

Randall will be in the HOF sooner rather than later..........just not sure why people are taking it so personally

For people that are too young to remember Randall as a player, he was one of the most feared and imposing footballers of any era, with
good reason.

Wombat posted on a Facebook page I’m on this morning saying it’s a travesty, he said he’s the toughest player to ever play the game in ANY ERA ( yes he used caps lock).

****ed if I know who the judges were or what they were thinking.

Agree with all you have said Bob.
Randall broke his hand in a tour game on the 73 tour ruling out any test appearances.
Then came years of world cup/series games that only recently have been recognised as tests.
He was selected but withdrew due to injury the 78 kangaroo tour.
Randall revolutionised tackling in his era.
No one got close to him.
In that group of players nominated there were 2 game changers.
Eric Simms and Terry Randall.
Both should have been selected imo.
And
What organisation announces the winners before the awards night.
Yep.
The NRL...

Oh yeah Simms was the other that should of been there.

They changed the rules because he was too good at kicking field goals.

Can't comment on the players from the 70s as I didn't see them (man I wish I had been alive ....well I was but born in 76....during that Manly era)

Whilst I think those 4 players are solid......

Ben Kennedy, this is a lock who had an enormous impact at every team he played for, Raiders (ok long bow there), but revered at the Knights, a god at Manly. An absolute colossus for NSW and Australia.
And someone who will never be recognized because of his attitude to representative teams, but Jamie Lyon. No-one will ever convince me there has been a better centre in the last 30years.

Can't comment on the players from the 70s as I didn't see them (man I wish I had been alive ....well I was but born in 76....during that Manly era)

Whilst I think those 4 players are solid......

Ben Kennedy, this is a lock who had an enormous impact at every team he played for, Raiders (ok long bow there), but revered at the Knights, a god at Manly. An absolute colossus for NSW and Australia.
And someone who will never be recognized because of his attitude to representative teams, but Jamie Lyon. No-one will ever convince me there has been a better centre in the last 30years.

Agreed.

Buderus & Young in Hall of Fame..........as Don McKinnon would say....."are they taking the piss" hahahahaha.
Seriously what has Buderus done to deserve being chosen. Absolute joke! So many others more deserving. I guess coz he's from the Knights. They seem to be everyone's darlings!
Buderus is clearly the second best hooker I’ve seen behind Scam. As tough as some of those old hookers were they don’t hold a candle to him skill wise. No problem with him at all. Igor should have got the nod as well.

Igor :wait:

No one tell Igor that Manly Fans can't recall his name - much like the opponents he decked :giggle:

It was a pun at spelling to my mate Mark from Brisbane about Randal and the auto correct spelling of Randell on the post before

Only a couple saw the cryptic funni side
Thanks harves
Thanks terry

It was a pun at spelling to my mate Mark from Brisbane about Randal and the auto correct spelling of Randell on the post before

Only a couple saw the cryptic funni side
Thanks harves
Thanks terry
Thanks MFB for starting it all, or should I say “ ****ing auto correct “.

Perhaps Igor was considered......

Hall of Fame Meeting:

Judge#1: Terry Randall? What are his stats?
Judge#2: Look up Wiki.
Judge#1: But what about Randall? Everyone he played against rated him the hardest player ever. How many tests did he play?
Judge#2: Check Wiki.
Judge#1: I think we should consider Igor, he must have played in 5 or 6 Grand Finals, how many did he win in?
Judge#2: Wiki's the go.
Judge#1: F@!# it then! Rubin it is!
@:D
giphy.gif

Mate I'm not claiming Randall shouldn't be in.............nor am I claiming that one player is better than the other

Just don't see the need to tear down players like the 4 inducted who all contributed greatly to our game.

Randall will be in the HOF sooner rather than later..........just not sure why people are taking it so personally
If Les Cowie, widely regarded as the best lock forward between the War and the rise of Johnny Raper, can’t make the HoF 60+ years later - don’t hold your breath waiting for Randall.

And as good as Buderus was, players like Elwyn Walters and especially Krilich (scooting our of dummy half, goalkicking, defending, the works) were no slouches in the skills’ department, with the bonus that they actually knew how to ‘hook’ in the scrum.

Last edited:

It's a Manly thing. Us old crew rated Randall as our most important forward.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8