Player - Hall of Fame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe the powers that be are inducting a few of the 'younger' old boys so the general public go 'oh yeah I remember him' and once the concept is flying along, they'll induct the players that all you ancient farts (lol) grew up watching?

Maybe the powers that be are inducting a few of the 'younger' old boys so the general public go 'oh yeah I remember him' and once the concept is flying along, they'll induct the players that all you ancient farts (lol) grew up watching?
Yes, so contrived, must use the Hall of fame as a promotional tool, rather than a simple recognition of the blokes who made the game great.
As I said earlier, i don't begrudge the 4 chosen, but there should have been a few more.
As for Randall - his toughness stood out in an era that included the likes of Mal Reilly, John O'Neil, Cliff Watson, Hilditch, Donnelly, Kneen and the rest. The sheer brutality of the game was on another level back then, even though the toughness is there in other ways nowadays.

Sorry to disagree Susan.....Buderus was OK but doesn't hold a candle to Royce Simmons, Steve Walters, Benny Elias or Max Krilich.
Love all those guys too but only Benny had the silky skills of Buderus. Such a tough job picking these things Different skills appeal to different people and we all have our club biases

Anyone who saw him play live knew how good he was, and in my humble opinion he was the best EVER!!

Everyone knew he was the dominant forward in the game for over 10 years. No one got over the top of him.

No mean feat when players like Price, Beetson, Coote, McCarthy, ONeill, Higgs, Donnelly and a dozen more played in the same era.

His contribution to those 4 premierships was enormous. Think about it, we won 4 premierships in 7 years.

Anyway how come there is no Referees/ Touch Judges Hall of Fame.
I nominate the baldy Martin Weekes from the 80s as touchie who was bloody hopeless and Zorba on 2gb at the time christened him the Bengal lancer for the way he used to charge on to the field to report some triviality.
Anyway I just learned off the chairman of the commission whilst watching a replay of the awards that the man largely responsible for professional rugby league here wasn't a Mr J.J Giltinan but in fact a Mr J.J Gilitan.
This blokes vast knowledge of our game knows no bounds and I stand corrected after all these years...

Anyway how come there is no Referees/ Touch Judges Hall of Fame.
I'm seeing there would be a nomination (from the North:)) for the late Barry Gomersall....

From his Wiki...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Gomersall

Nicknamed "the Grasshopper", Gomersall was known for his thin legs inside tight shorts and his habit of ignoring on-field fights. First appointed to referee State of Origin by the Queensland Rugby League in 1982, Gomersall was often accused by New South Wales supporters of bias. A reporter from New South Wales once asked: "How do you account for the fact that in your nine matches Queensland won seven and NSW won only two?", Gomersall was said to have replied "Well, surely anyone's entitled to two bad games." Gomersall placed a high priority on personal fitness saying "if someone is going to score a try, I want to be there first".

Mate I'm not claiming Randall shouldn't be in.............nor am I claiming that one player is better than the other

Just don't see the need to tear down players like the 4 inducted who all contributed greatly to our game.

Randall will be in the HOF sooner rather than later..........just not sure why people are taking it so personally
Because everyone who has seen both Randall and wiki play would not choose wiki over Randall.

Because everyone who has seen both Randall and wiki play would not choose wiki over Randall.
And
Thus the problem with these awards.
I have no idea who the judges were and it would be irrelevant if I did, but like all these things these people have not really considered the outcome of their decisions.
Or they have not done proper research.
Or they have dismissed what their research has told them because they want to appeal to the now.
When I was a kid in the 70s there were 3 books that I still have.
Greatest players
Greatest games and
Great grand finals.
Through reading these I knew of players and matches from the inception of the game.
Frank Hyde should have been the media inductee over rabbits.
I'm not sure if Rex is in there but he should be.
Rabs would be up there.
Then print media.
Chippy was a great choice.
But someone as influential on the game as Geoff 'pinky' Prenter didn't even get an invite.
The game has been going a lot longer than the super league war but these lazy types who don't take enough into account will continually look stupid...

Credit where it's due - talkin bulldog Peter Tunks just mentioned that he played against Terry Randall, and he didn't play against Rueben Wiki, but he knows which one he would prefer to play against!
These guys are predictably annoying on certain subjects but not all.

Credit where it's due - talkin bulldog Peter Tunks just mentioned that he played against Terry Randall, and he didn't play against Rueben Wiki, but he knows which one he would prefer to play against!
These guys are predictably annoying on certain subjects but not all.

Its a ridiculous comparison.

A bit like comparing Brendon Elliott to Tom Turbo.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8