Player contracts: "Because" Manly did it, it's time for the ARL to stop it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly have benefitted recently due to this loophole, time to close it.
We have a history of these types of decisions by the NRL when we benefit from something. 2 that spring to mind are:

Obstruction lead runner rule was changed after Jamie Lyon scored against the Tigers after it had been going on for ages.

Benefit of the doubt to the attacking team was gotten rid of after we got benefit of it with the hand of Foz when we beat cowboys in the semi's in 2012.

They never seem to change the rules when the Storm benefit though, they can't even police the ones they already have in place when it comes to them.
Don't forget that they changed whatever rule it was after DCE backflipped, notwithstanding the fact that there were a bunch of other backflips of note.

Also changed the TPA at arms length rule. But only after they used it to screw us over.

Collected over 1 million pieces of information, found nothing, so had to change the definition of "best efforts" into "iron clad guarantee" and even then could only nail us for a small amount. Found some dodgy QC or barrister (w/e) to agree that changing definitions of the english language was fine and dandy as well.

then - Maloney comes straight out and says the penrith club have to organise that 3rd party keno sponsorship and the nrl do nothing...nada!

Kurri Kurri’s Eddie lumsden not allowed to play for manly due to the residential rule, but was allowed to play for st george.

All great questions, unfortunately there is no magic solution.

I like the afl model where the clubs trade draft picks and players etc, often involves multiple clubs as well. Seems a fair way to compensate both sides (player and club) and is done during a defined trade period.

Anyway that is a pipe dream for NRL at the moment.
Sadly yes , but they need to get with the 21st century on this and to my surprise it’s one thing PVL hasn’t mentioned.

SHOOSH III

Wests Tigers could be about to lose another key forward. Front-rower Zane Musgrove is under contract until the end of next season, but he is keen to secure a longer deal at St George Illawarra.

OH NOES... quick.... stop it stop it nrl , someone think of the children!!!

Splash his pic all over the newspapers, wag your fingers, go tut tut tut and dare I say a tsk tsk tsk!

Oh wait....better see if he's heading to Manly first.

lol

Collected over 1 million pieces of information, found nothing, so had to change the definition of "best efforts" into "iron clad guarantee" and even then could only nail us for a small amount. Found some dodgy QC or barrister (w/e) to agree that changing definitions of the english language was fine and dandy as well.

then - Maloney comes straight out and says the penrith club have to organise that 3rd party keno sponsorship and the nrl do nothing...nada!
Still to this day I do not understand how Penrith were not done over the Maloney disclosure. Couldn’t get more blatant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4