Pinpoint our problems from 2010

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Pinpoint our problems from 2010 that need to be corrected to make Manly a top 4 force again
A genuine lack of speed, Robbo (has he lost his) & Trex on the wings are just not quick enough, Last season I think Lyon was our fastest back, we had a turtle of a HB

The 2nd half decline was worrying, a few games we looked like we just gave up

really bad kicking game, there really was no-one who had a really long kick & needed someone to stop kicking down their throats all the time

that's all I can think of atm

1st one should be rectified somewhat with Brett & Wolfy back

Speed is an issue with Snake & Wolfman back and Robbo was just given bad service all year. A fit and firing backline will be a big difference.
Still not convinced that DCE is the way yet and maybe Lyon/Foran is the way to go.
Second half fades scare the hell out of me and only Des will know how to fix because I think its a mental thing and the team needs to clear their heads

Front office BS and "perplexing" selection, combined with poor form from senior players at times, all combined with those mentioned above.

1. Fitness, Don Singe says that they were fit it was just a mental thing, but everytime they ran out in that second half they looked slow and honestly looked like they were 40 year old blokes in a touch comp wanting to vomit.

2. Kicking Game was pretty bad, Hodkinson couldnt kick for field position !

3. Speed, no quick play the balls, no speed out wide, it was all predictable !

I think lack of imagination in attack close to the try line was a big problem.  This was a problem in 2009 as well with Ox out of form, but worse in 2010.

The team would often start a game firing, do all the hard work to get up the other end and then end up with nothing.  Then the heads would go down and the defensive lapses would start.  This goes part of the way to explain our second half fade outs.

If we can get the halves firing I think a lot of the other problems will sort themselves out.  A big ask from a couple of young blokes I know, but we need a big year from Foran in particular if we are to be a force in 2011.

no pace out wide,  defense sometimes not coming up in 1 line..  players just watching when tackles being made instead of going in to help..
we need to parctise those cross kicks to wingers when in the opposition 20 like we did in 07 & 08, robbo hicksy  had field days when we did them even 06 with stephenson on wing we scored some pearlers..

& fitness all need fitness training..

& the 1st 6 words of fro`s comment, i 2nd that ..

Lack of attacking options and set moves.
Matt Ballin's lack of creativity in exploiting opposition forwards when they start to tire.

CussCuss link said:
Half of the team injured or suspended.

That's all it is.

No injuries gives us speed.
No injuries gives us players playing in their rightful positions.
No injuries gives us options if form is down.

We had the least injuries around the finals in '08 & look what happened.
Saints were that team this year.

Our squad is as good if not better than any in the comp.

simply put it, we were unfit and our discipline wasn't up to NRL standards.

Our second half performance s and giving away unforced penalties cost us.

Making the semis was a good season. but it wasnt a successful one. Plenty of improvement in us for 2011.

Penalties killed us in alot of games this year.

1. Better discipline in the forwards (Choc and Perry were big culprits)

2. NRL to sort the refs out

Lack of consistency of effort and execution. We also lacked creativity down the spine through 9, 7 and 6.

Comments like this from one of our star players:

"'I had a week off and then got bored and then started training and doing rehab and actually training hard for once in my life and the body came good pretty quickly."

-Watmough

Adam link said:
Penalties killed us in alot of games this year.

2. NRL to sort the refs out

Roosters were the most penalised team in the comp and still made GF, it's not always someone elses fault.................

if I had to pinpoint it I would go with the fact we didn't win enough games :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4