Phil Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gus Gould has one goal ... a premiership ... whether you agree or disagree with the way he feels that will be delivered ... he is at least prepared to back his judgement and make the "hard" or unpopular calls to get one ...

... or perhaps you feel it would be better for him to do nothing and wait another 2 years with Hook ....before starting again ...

PSS ... I will give you a tip .... while all this drama was going on with Daddy and "the mask" .... I would be sneaking backdoor and poaching the young kid (whatshisname) that stood in during the SOO .... he is a gun and will be better than the mask ...

100% @Woodsie

I am really surprised by what Gould has done regarding this matter. He may have become a little impatient with his own 5 year, 6 year, 7 year etc.plan and is looking for a quick fix. He's not Robinson Crusoe just look at the Rorters they sign everyone with talent and are unhampered by the salary cap but really haven't won many grand finals over the last decade. In a professional sport like this where players have egos bigger than some of our officials and spit the dummy out the moment they think the coach is not giving them a far go, or not meeting their needs, how are they going to deal with the half back and probable captain of their side being the coach's son. Certainly any young talented and upcoming half backs are going to go looking for opportunities elsewhere. A talented half is unlikely to hang around waiting to play 2 or 3 games a season in first grade during the origin period or to wait for Maloney to retire. What happens if the coach and Gus don't see eye to eye again (I know its unlikely!) then to move the coach on it becomes a expensive double whammy. What happens when the coach gets tough with part of the playing group and they then turn on the son causing a split in the playing group. What happens if the father and son have a tiff. Wanting both of them drives up the price of both of them. Whilst I'd love to have both Clearys at Manly I believe the package brings with it plenty of potential problems. Whilst I understand the perceived need I don't believe that it is a smart business decision.

Quoted from the Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe

Q. So if Ivan does ask for a release, will the club grant that release?

A. No. As we expressed to Ivan this morning, the position of the club — and it’s a really strong position — is that the club is going to fight for this. Under no circumstances will we be granting Ivan Cleary a release. He has got a contract with this club until 2020, we’re building something special here and we want that to continue.

Q. Why wouldn’t the club grant him a release?

A. Because we’re not going to be pushed aside or bullied or railroaded by anyone. This club, and myself, have to make decisions that are in the best interests of the Wests Tigers and, first and foremost, our fans, our Members and our stakeholders. Giving our Head Coach to a rival club is not a decision that is in the best interest of the fans or stakeholders.

I for one hope the tigers keep Cleary
The second answer is why
The Nrl should be on the front foot here but will do nothing
The best outcome will be that Ivan stays and Nathan goes to the tigers and Gould’s head explodes

Gus Gould has one goal ... a premiership ... whether you agree or disagree with the way he feels that will be delivered ... he is at least prepared to back his judgement and make the "hard" or unpopular calls to get one ...

... or perhaps you feel it would be better for him to do nothing and wait another 2 years with Hook ....before starting again ...

PSS ... I will give you a tip .... while all this drama was going on with Daddy and "the mask" .... I would be sneaking backdoor and poaching the young kid (whatshisname) that stood in during the SOO .... he is a gun and will be better than the mask ...

LOOOL @ "the mask"

Fox Sports article “Comment: Why NRL must intervene in Penrith Panther’s attempt to poach Ivan Cleary”...
Lolololololol would love to see greennuts get involved and then the Hasler matter brought up
(Sorry I got this from my news feed, no link)

If Ivan Cleary dumps the Tigers for the Panthers he will loose my respect. Whilst he doesn't even know who I am I'm just making a point! Greed!

I am really surprised by what Gould has done regarding this matter. He may have become a little impatient with his own 5 year, 6 year, 7 year etc.plan and is looking for a quick fix. He's not Robinson Crusoe just look at the Rorters they sign everyone with talent and are unhampered by the salary cap but really haven't won many grand finals over the last decade. In a professional sport like this where players have egos bigger than some of our officials and spit the dummy out the moment they think the coach is not giving them a far go, or not meeting their needs, how are they going to deal with the half back and probable captain of their side being the coach's son. Certainly any young talented and upcoming half backs are going to go looking for opportunities elsewhere. A talented half is unlikely to hang around waiting to play 2 or 3 games a season in first grade during the origin period or to wait for Maloney to retire. What happens if the coach and Gus don't see eye to eye again (I know its unlikely!) then to move the coach on it becomes a expensive double whammy. What happens when the coach gets tough with part of the playing group and they then turn on the son causing a split in the playing group. What happens if the father and son have a tiff. Wanting both of them drives up the price of both of them. Whilst I'd love to have both Clearys at Manly I believe the package brings with it plenty of potential problems. Whilst I understand the perceived need I don't believe that it is a smart business decision.
What if it turns out Ivan isn’t Nathan’s dad? Surely people must’ve noticed Nathan looks like Cliffy.

Word going round is Gould has offered huge money to Ivan, will sign Nathan on unders, and Ivan has been told it's up to him how he spends his money with a nudge and a wink

Isn't there some rules about signing someone for less than their value?
Were we not permitted to sign Gifty for less than what the NRL said he was worth?

Oh yeah, Slater 500k on their cap and Hayne signed for for 500k while he was still in a 1M contract with the Tits.

How do the NRL keep getting away with all of their bullsh!t time and time and time and time and time and time....................................................................................again?
It is utterly disgraceful nothing is done.

Isn't there some rules about signing someone for less than their value?
Were we not permitted to sign Gifty for less than what the NRL said he was worth?

Oh yeah, Slater 500k on their cap and Hayne signed for for 500k while he was still in a 1M contract with the Tits.

How do the NRL keep getting away with all of their bullsh!t time and time and time and time and time and time....................................................................................again?
It is utterly disgraceful nothing is done.

I think that’s 1 of the rules that was applied once, against Manly, and never again. A bit like a 4 week suspension for having a beer and catching a cab home in the off-season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4