Phil Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Money talks??
Money has known to talk all languages .

" There is a little bit of whore in all of us gentleman . What is your price ? "
Kerry Packer

Whats your price @sean john ?

download.jpg

Money has known to talk all languages .

" There is a little bit of whore in all of us gentleman . What is your price ? "
Kerry Packer

Whats your price @sean john ?

View attachment 9169
Lol.
You have broken me up completely this time Bozo.
You are definitely an abstract piece of art feathered friend.
And if I was @sean john I would very carefully consider my answer...

Lol.
You have broken me up completely this time Bozo.
You are definitely an abstract piece of art feathered friend.
And if I was @sean john I would very carefully consider my answer...
@sean john seems like a guy that would negotiate his price behind closed doors . He is the type that keeps his cards close to his chest .

Gould well understands the "window" of opportunity/probability of having everything in the right place to hold up the trophy in september in the modern game.
His plans have failed miserably until now.
He is a narcissist and it would pain him no end that the all-knowing one can't prove to everyone how great he is. He must have huge insomnia problems.

He manipulates the game via the thought-bereft media sheep and the money driven NRL admin with his pompous, self-created appearance of divinity and will keep a face as straight as the equator while doing it.
There are no moral bounds restricting him in his quest for proof and acceptance that he is a higher being when it comes to RL. He is the great one...just ask him if you haven't realised it yet.
He is like a junkie without a fix until he proves it. He will do whatever he thinks it will take.
Nathan is stagnating this year under Hook. Gould can't let that happen to his messiah or his ego will implode.
Nathan wants to be coached by his dad and Ivan wants to coach his son.
Is that the clincher for Gould? Can he make it happen?

Did Hook get shafted because Gould sees a window.and is betting the Panthers house on Nathan and his dad being the ones to build a premiership title around... and finally prove to all how great he is?
The money would need to be huge for Ivan to go back there after being unceremoniously booted last time around

Have Ivan and Gould already teed it up and that's why Hook was shafted?
Maybe. We will see I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was a good decision to sack him. They weren't playing good enough to win it and they have an amazing roster. Why wait till the end of the year?. Im expecting Penrith to improve over the next 2-4 weeks and give themselves a shot

I think it was a good decision to sack him. They weren't playing good enough to win it and they have an amazing roster. Why wait till the end of the year?. Im expecting Penrith to improve over the next 2-4 weeks and give themselves a shot
An article I read made sense. It stated that the riff could win a premiership under Griffin but it would be a PR disaster to axe a premiership winning coach. What an arsehole of a way to treat Griffin.
I think Gould's head has already internally exploded with greed and self importance.

I am hoping for Karma. Greed is killing this game. A contract should be a contract and contracted personal should be off limits until they are in the last year of their contract. This whole business is so crook it is disgusting. The NRL have a lot to answer for in this circus as it is clear they have absolutely no authority or control over the financial power brokers of the game. Shame Shame Shame.

Gus Gould has one goal ... a premiership ... whether you agree or disagree with the way he feels that will be delivered ... he is at least prepared to back his judgement and make the "hard" or unpopular calls to get one ...

... or perhaps you feel it would be better for him to do nothing and wait another 2 years with Hook ....before starting again ...

PSS ... I will give you a tip .... while all this drama was going on with Daddy and "the mask" .... I would be sneaking backdoor and poaching the young kid (whatshisname) that stood in during the SOO .... he is a gun and will be better than the mask ...

I wonder what the counter offer for Nathan C is from the TigPies

Gus Gould has one goal ... a premiership ... whether you agree or disagree with the way he feels that will be delivered ... he is at least prepared to back his judgement and make the "hard" or unpopular calls to get one ...

... or perhaps you feel it would be better for him to do nothing and wait another 2 years with Hook ....before starting again ...

PSS ... I will give you a tip .... while all this drama was going on with Daddy and "the mask" .... I would be sneaking backdoor and poaching the young kid (whatshisname) that stood in during the SOO .... he is a gun and will be better than the mask ...

Hard to argue with that. I like Nathan but think he is slightly overrated at the moment off the back of a NSW win. Good player but not the comp winner that stands beside him in the halves (yet).

Hook has been a poor coach for a while, correct call Gus (but wrong to extend contract then tell everyone Hook has the full support of the board).

Don't forget the 'Father and son win the premiership' narrative that the media love to lap up.

Gould knows the strength have when it comes to winning comps. So since the recent, Dragons first cup in 40 odd years narrative, Storm redemption after salary cap (puke) narrative, Bunnies win after being kicked out and being **** for so long narrative, gummies first win ever narrative, JT at the cowgirls what a champion (puke again) narrative I reckon he see's the way these dream stories keep happening in the NRL and want's one a the riff. There's nothing else of worth going on at the club that could build a narrative like this one.

He could have some tough competition against 'Bennet's last season at the Donkeys/ in the NRL' one though, but there's always the year after.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8