Phil Gould

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I bet he'd be blowing up delux if the boot was on the other foot.

Heres my dream,

Cleary goes to the Panthers.

Manly poach Trent Robinson (because we like coaches with that first name).

Roosters offer Cleary a motza and he accepts.

Phil Goulds head explodes.

I don't want another non manly man to run this club unless it's Bellamy and it won't be. Robinson will be average without the golden roster he has at Sydney. As for Gould I see a lot of people in the world right now saying he is a liar and disrespectful to the media. Hmm to me the media deserves no respect and make their own lies up, so I see no problem and Gould telling the world lies in the point he doesnt have to tell the truth and owes them nothing. On the Penrith saga Barrett will be here until 2020, Bennett will coach Penrith while Clearys will be at Tigers in 2020.

I don't want another non manly man to run this club unless it's Bellamy and it won't be. Robinson will be average without the golden roster he has at Sydney. As for Gould I see a lot of people in the world right now saying he is a liar and disrespectful to the media. Hmm to me the media deserves no respect and make their own lies up, so I see no problem and Gould telling the world lies in the point he doesnt have to tell the truth and owes them nothing. On the Penrith saga Barrett will be here until 2020, Bennett will coach Penrith while Clearys will be at Tigers in 2020.

**** don’t tell @strone33 that otherwise it will be HIS head exploding!!

Gould seems very similar to our previous head of football really.

Both clearly know their football and have runs on the board... but as Head of football they don't seem to be able to manage and delegate properly because they believe they always know best.

Penrith have the best depth in the competition but are in serious danger of missing their premiership window.

I could be entirely wrong... but I think the Ivan Cleary back to Panthers speculation is a smokescreen put out by honest Phil. I would bet that Gould already knows exactly who will be the Panthers coach in 2019.

My guess is Cameron Ciraldo or Trent Barrett.

They have offered him a 4 year deal from next year, just last week.

Cleary has already told Tigers.

Try and keep up. :)

Just heard the 360 muppets defending Gould's attempt to lure a contracted coach - and defending in advance Cleary's defection even though he has 2 more years on his Tiger contract - on the basis it is 'just rugby league'.
Couldn't help contrasting that to the ruthless character assassination that DCE was subjected to when he availed himself of a perfectly legal cooling off period. How times change.

They have offered him a 4 year deal from next year, just last week.

Cleary has already told Tigers.

Try and keep up. :)

Again - if you read my comment - I could be wrong... but I don't buy it.

Why would Gould be making a very public offer to a coach contracted for another 2 years at his current club? Last time I checked, this was still entirely off limits.

Even in 2011, the Dogs only signed Des for 2013 onwards because they could only do so when he was off contract. Manly later released him from the last year of his contract which allowed him to defect in 2012.

I guess we will know when a contract is actually signed and delivered.

Again - if you read my comment - I could be wrong... but I don't buy it.

Why would Gould be making a very public offer to a coach contracted for another 2 years at his current club? Last time I checked, this was still entirely off limits.

Even in 2011, the Dogs only signed Des for 2013 onwards because they could only do so when he was off contract. Manly later released him from the last year of his contract which allowed him to defect in 2012.

I guess we will know when a contract is actually signed and delivered.

Its not speculation they all admit it has has already happened. The contract has been delivered for a 4 year term, not finalised nor signed.

Cleary has admitted he spoke to them last week. Then went to Tigers CEO.

Pascoe said Cleary has spoken to him about Penriths approach.

I bet he'd be blowing up delux if the boot was on the other foot.

Heres my dream,

Cleary goes to the Panthers.

Manly poach Trent Robinson (because we like coaches with that first name).

Roosters offer Cleary a motza and he accepts.

Phil Goulds head explodes.
My preference would be:
Cleary comes to us.
Robinson to the riff. ( but quits after the off season because of Gus's interference)
Tbaz to the rorters.
Gus's head still explodes !!
Live.
On 100% footy.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10