Petition for Fox News royal commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Sick of Murdoch and his empire?
Sick of the daily tele and their "mistakes" and lies?
Join the 150,000 others who have signed the petition for a royal commission into the organisation.

As one of the games steakholders this could be very interesting.

Last edited:
So, what happens if you did get rid of Murdoch, who employs more journalists in Australian than any other organisation? You'd be left relying on social media for your news!
All media have their biases. You don't like Murdoch's politics then don't read his papers. Simple. But the Fairfax media are not the 'independent' media they claim to me either.
My suggestion is that you read/listen to all media with a degree of scepticism. Most of it will contain some elements of fiction. Give it time to formulate and usually within a couple of day the initial news report will have morphed into something a lot more accurate.... certainly more accurate than anything you read on social media or are told by politicians.

So, what happens if you did get rid of Murdoch, who employs more journalists in Australian than any other organisation? You'd be left relying on social media for your news!
All media have their biases. You don't like Murdoch's politics then don't read his papers. Simple. But the Fairfax media are not the 'independent' media they claim to me either.
My suggestion is that you read/listen to all media with a degree of scepticism. Most of it will contain some elements of fiction. Give it time to formulate and usually within a couple of day the initial news report will have morphed into something a lot more accurate.... certainly more accurate than anything you read on social media or are told by politicians.
Balance is the best move.

Believe little of what a Politician says.

Believe little of what one specific news source says.

Believe almost nothing of what social media says.

But take from a range of sources a view.

Trouble is today the Millenials and X’rs form 99% of their opinions from InstaTwitFace and much of that comes from “ influencers “ who know about 1%.

Stuff being objective, keeping an open mind is bloody hard work! Jokes aside, I think a lot of people are lazy, don't like to have their thinking challenged (me included some of the time) and will gravitate to media sources that confirm their existing biases. It's my only explanation for the success of someone like Alan Jones, who is the expert in taking a person's pre-existing bias and working it into a lather.

I've been watching the USA election coverage on CNN and Fox and they are just as bad as each other in terms of 'objective' commentary, although the bias does make it quite entertaining. I am just thankful the Australian media landscape is not like the USA (yet).

Stuff being objective, keeping an open mind is bloody hard work! Jokes aside, I think a lot of people are lazy, don't like to have their thinking challenged (me included some of the time) and will gravitate to media sources that confirm their existing biases. It's my only explanation for the success of someone like Alan Jones, who is the expert in taking a person's pre-existing bias and working it into a lather.

I've been watching the USA election coverage on CNN and Fox and they are just as bad as each other in terms of 'objective' commentary, although the bias does make it quite entertaining. I am just thankful the Australian media landscape is not like the USA (yet).
But it’s getting closer, there’s a huge divide for example between the ABC and Sky.

I quite like SBS, I find them more in the middle ( possibly because they are not fully funded nor fully reliant on advertising / subscriptions).

Trouble is today the Millenials and X’rs form 99% of their opinions from InstaTwitFace and much of that comes from “ influencers “ who know about 1%.
We need truth in media laws in order to return journalism to what it should be rather than an outlet for one political party or another, people are entitled to read factual reporting not the filtered and in most cases manufactured garbage being fed to them now

We're awfully close sadly

I used to love relaxing on a sunday morning after a surf and fix myself a nice brekky and peruse the sunday telegraph and herald and catch up on whats happening in the league. BUT i made a very conscious decision to NEVER giving murdoch another red cent and i will NEVER get foxtel for the same reason while him and the family are involved.
I know i'm cutting my nose off to spite my face and i'm missing out on some sport content but i had to make a stand.
I get all the time "let it go man the SL war is over", but i cant. Simple as that

Media watch is one of the best shows on TV.

Have you watched Sky News Australia lately? Its a full on Trump love fest, basically the Aussie version of Fox. Its become less and less "news" and more and more just right wing propaganda. But then, I wouldn't expect anything else from a media owned by Murdoch.

Not that the left media is any better. I too have been watching the US election coverage and while the likes of Fox are firmly behind Trump, others like CNN and MSNBC are pro Joe Biden. Finding a balanced coverage is nigh on impossible.

I don't mind watching CNN though. Brianna Keiler (who's dad is an Aussie and she was actually born in Canberra) is a hottie @;)

Have you watched Sky News Australia lately? Its a full on Trump love fest, basically the Aussie version of Fox. Its become less and less "news" and more and more just right wing propaganda. But then, I wouldn't expect anything else from a media owned by Murdoch.

Not that the left media is any better. I too have been watching the US election coverage and while the likes of Fox are firmly behind Trump, others like CNN and MSNBC are pro Joe Biden.

I don't mind watching CNN though. Brianna Keiler (who's dad is an Aussie and she was actually born in Canberra) is a hottie @;)
Sadly it’s the way things have gone , you’re a Leftie you think the sun shines out of anything the ABC does.

You are far right you think Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt are gods gift to the free world.

As I said above I quite like SBS ( but I bet not many watch it ) as it’s not as political as the others and offers news rather than political bias.

Even that has an “ agenda”.

I yearn for the days when a journo / reporter / news feed genuinely offers both sides of a story and gives both protagonists an opportunity to put their views forward ( without agenda questions ).
Disagree, one of the most balanced shows, how many other shows are not afraid to call out their own.

Sadly it’s the way things have gone , you’re a Leftie you think the sun shines out of anything the ABC does.

You are far right you think Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt are gods gift to the free world.

As I said above I quite like SBS ( but I bet not many watch it ) as it’s not as political as the others and offers news rather than political bias.

I enjoy life mate. I hate the ABC and think Jones and Bolt are a waste of human life lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8