[Resurrected] Peter Beatoff see manly moving to Perth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very costly and financially challenging to operate an N R L franchise , not to mention providing enough i st grade standard players . Perth and Brisbane 2 surely in the foreseeable future and only if the present N R L administration can even operate at some level of required competency . Just another Beat up by Beattie if he is suggesting something more ambitious or relocating Manly or some other Sydney club . .

Sadly the NRL are inept and Beattie was a very poor appointment. They need to move him and Greenburg on as quickly as possible.
Get John Quale for godsake NRL ,Beattie and Greenberg aren’t qualified to run the Cromer U7s let alone the NRL
They don’t have the mental capacity or the vision or the know how , after Greenberg’s inept, bumbling, corrupt tenure even Mr Magoo can see that ,let alone the rest of the sporting world.
-falling crowds
-Farcical salary cap Rort’s
-inept stadia policy
-grass roots rotting away under his feet
-broke after billions in media deals
-corrupt favoured treatment for the big 3 ,Dinkeys,Rorters,slimey storm but swift and vicious justice for everyone else
-the bunker lottery
-the most abysmal refereeing yet witnessed
-Judicary lottery, lucky for some not so for others ie slater smith etc
As for Beattie whom I’m sure was hired by Greenberg to make himself look efficient and in control in comparison ,all I can say is that he is a great advertisement for how poor the whole NRL administration structure is that it can produce a Chairman such as that esp after the other idiot Grant has pretty much scraped the bottom of the barrel
Unbelievable when u think about it ,I mean really you couldn’t make it up if u tried
Go Manly!!

Heard that Beatty will be stepping down and replaced by Landys next year ....... Landy looks like a bloke that doesn't easily suffer fools or corruption .... many checks and balances in the racing game .... I doubt he will like all the power in League at the mercy of a one man personality cult ... may be interesting times for GreenTurd .....

Seems nearly most of the south side of Sydney teams will be playing at Parramatta a lot. Even South Sydney.

Manly need to build into a north side of Sydney powerhouse. So many big money firms and a big population. Makes far more sense to do that than try to convert fans and sponsors in places like Perth who don't even know what NRL is.

Heard that Beatty will be stepping down and replaced by Landys next year ....... Landy looks like a bloke that doesn't easily suffer fools or corruption .... many checks and balances in the racing game .... I doubt he will like all the power in League at the mercy of a one man personality cult ... may be interesting times for GreenTurd .....
Racing is a farce, and the administrators are in a protected environment. Not sure how he’d go in the real world. A bit like Beattie I’d reckon.

Racing is a farce, and the administrators are in a protected environment. Not sure how he’d go in the real world. A bit like Beattie I’d reckon.

I have to differ in that mate. Racing is in a resurgence with races like the Everset, along with revamped and successful Autumn and Spring carnivals. Really taking it up to Melbourne which is no mean feat with increasing crowd numbers and popularity. Landys would put the NRL clowns in the shade when it comes to a professionally run sport.

Struck by this NRL story below. It unashamedly illustrates its there's no such thing any more as local boundaries in Sydney clubs. Souths have half their fans from the west and may make Bankwest their home ground. Panthers have fans from across the Blue Mountains. All of which is at odds with the 'move Manly to QLD or Perth' spin which argues that the northern beaches isn't enough. So its ok for other NRL clubs in Sydney to use the whole of NSW, but not Manly.

The Sea Eagles though are also themselves to blame. The club needs to see their core supporter/sponsor area as the whole of Sydney that is north of the harbour and Parramatta River. Stuff stepping on the the Bears, they are not in the NRL and are dead.

The Roosters have the Opera House in their logo (the head comb), but they are a Bondi club. Manly is closer to the harbour than the Roosters.

If any club needs relocating it's that broken piece of dogsh!t club at RedHill. Hell, I will even put up with some "living away from home allowance" or whatever they come up with to break the salary cap. Get into bed with Twiggy or whatever. Relocate and promote the dolphins and bears.

If any club needs relocating it's that broken piece of dogsh!t club at RedHill. Hell, I will even put up with some "living away from home allowance" or whatever they come up with to break the salary cap. Get into bed with Twiggy or whatever. Relocate and promote the dolphins and bears.
Just to be 100%sure. When you say Bears I take it, you are referring to Burleigh Bears. I read bears, and instantly think of a Greg Florimo cardboard cutout.

Struck by this NRL story below. It unashamedly illustrates its there's no such thing any more as local boundaries in Sydney clubs. Souths have half their fans from the west and may make Bankwest their home ground. Panthers have fans from across the Blue Mountains. All of which is at odds with the 'move Manly to QLD or Perth' spin which argues that the northern beaches isn't enough. So its ok for other NRL clubs in Sydney to use the whole of NSW, but not Manly.

The Sea Eagles though are also themselves to blame. The club needs to see their core supporter/sponsor area as the whole of Sydney that is north of the harbour and Parramatta River. Stuff stepping on the the Bears, they are not in the NRL and are dead.

The Roosters have the Opera House in their logo (the head comb), but they are a Bondi club. Manly is closer to the harbour than the Roosters.

I agree that our catchment area is too stuffed. We should clubs on the Central Coast as feeders not Blacktown.

I know this year’s slipping away incredibly quickly but is it April the first already.

Not pretending to speak for anyone else but if the Sea Eagles have to relocate I’d prefer the South Island of NZ (maybe Dunedin).

It’s a story that doesn’t tell us stuff we don’t already know.
Fandom is generational - derr.
The three examples they use have probably changed the most in the last twenty years.
Western Sydney from Castle Hill out has grown exponentially in that time, similarly South Western Sydney but the Tigers haven’t been challengers since 2005.
Would be interesting to see a break down of memberships by age.
Are theses memberships parents/grandparents? How many are 20-25yo’s?
Of course the Rouse Hill Rams are the fastest growing club, that area is probably the fastest growing area in Sydney if not NSW.
I have mates out there that are Tigers fans and their kids are too, friends that are Manly supporters. They live there because they get bang for their buck and it’s becoming more accessible all the time.
It stands to reason that Souffs have fans all over the place because no-one wants to raise their kids there.
Parra’s membership went up during Covid because they were leading the comp and they’ve got a shiny new stadium.
Souffs and Parra are accessible because they’re on Ch9 every bloody week so if you don’t have Fox/Kayo you’d hardly see any other Sydney teams play apart from the Chooks.

Look at the other end, I’d say the reasons that the Gold Coast struggle to get crowds/memberships are that most people that live up there are rusted on fans of other clubs. Until they have sustained competitiveness I can’t see it changing.

Similarly northern beaches area, young families with kids can’t afford to live there so move on and/or come back when they’re near retirement age.

Manly need to start generating fans and sponsors from the area that was held by the Northern Eagles, not just the northern beaches. This includes all of Norths' area and the Central Coast.

The same area on the south side of the harbour is home to FIVE teams (Easts, Souths, Wests, Dogs & Dragons), plus the Swans, Waratahs & Sydney FC.

The area Manly have right on their door step is far bigger population and economy than Perth, Adelaide or anywhere in QLD or NZ. All without leaving Brookvale and traditions. It is insane that Manly seem to do nothing to make more of what is available to them.

And if Manly moved or died, you don't reckon another NRL club wouldn't in a flash take the Manly/NE's area and make it their own.

The storm should be forced to have their feeder club(s) based in Vic, they are never going to grow the game in Vic by having their feeder clubs based in Qld
I reckon they should stay in Queensland after covid is done, they're a bloody Queensland club playing out of Melbourne so what's the point of pretending to be a Victorian club, either develop Victorian junior league and utilise them or move back to Queensland, at the moment it's a farce

The storm should be forced to have their feeder club(s) based in Vic, they are never going to grow the game in Vic by having their feeder clubs based in Qld
Their NRL deal is that they make the top four every year so that randoms will follow them because they're so successful.
This is regardless of wrestling, chicken-wings, leg locks, and hurty foot cramps that the game needs to be stopped for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4