PETA hiku

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hiku had a good game but to be fair he didn't have too much pressure put onto him as well. Easy game for him. Souths and Broncos were rubbish

Joey said it right last night, does the club pay players to play outside of Killer.....or do they pay the club for the chance?

Would Tommy have done any better than Peta last night? I doubt he would have been better and I don't think he would have been worse either.

Lets face it.....Peta is a fullback or centre who is forced to play on the wing at Manly. He may not have the pace of a winger, but he does a lot of the heavy work in taking hit ups early in tackle counts that takes a lot of the pressure off the forwards. And Tommy isn't a winger either, he's a fullback who seems set to follow the trend of young FB's coming into first grade and spending their apprenticeship on the wing before moving to the #1 jumper.

Lets just enjoy the fact that right now we have such a talented and on fire backline where someone actually has to be left out. I'd rather that than have players in and out all of the time because of injuries.
Well said,couldnt agree more!It is a good headache to have.

Hiku is a jack of all (backline) trades, at the moment it's his strength and weakness. Ah the duality of man....

He is a very good player now. That game he had against the Roosters in the 2013 semis was brilliant. And that was in his first season; and like all good Kiwis he excels for his country.

Imagine if you could combine his natural athleticism with Tafua's explosive running style? As Phil Gould migh say, 'Wow!'

Hiku had a good game but to be fair he didn't have too much pressure put onto him as well. Easy game for him. Souths and Broncos were rubbish
G'day all,I don't know about an easy game,he made good metres doing the tough runs out of our end all night.
cheers mike

I am pretty sure Hiku will take one of the centre positions eventually and Tommy T will end up fullback. Gutho to be the other long term centre. These are the new 3 to take over from the old 3 in Lyon, Matai and Stewart.

G'day all,I don't know about an easy game,he made good metres doing the tough runs out of our end all night.
cheers mike
He had a great game but he didn't have the pressure like against the Cowboys in defence, highballs etc. To be fair Souths were crap, couldn't tackle and Inglis is carrying an injury they're not the same side this year. But a good win to our boys and Jake T just lead all the way

Peta is a slower, bulkier version of Dale Shearer (while he's obviously slower than Rowdy was, I think he's a better defender). He can play fullback, centre, wing and if pushed could probably play 5/8. Provided we can hang on to him he will make the centre position his own once Killer and Skivy retire, along with Gutho who'll probably be our goal kicker as well (if Koroisau isn't).

Tommy is the heir apparent to Snake's #1 jumper which basically leaves us looking for a winger (Gutho to the wing and Demetriou in the centres?) as Jorge has the left wing locked up.

Very proud of Peta's performance last night. Not so much for the hat trick (pretty sure most wingers would finish those) though it was cool, but his overall game in general. Ran it with purpose and made metres, got a few nifty offloads away, defended well and solid under the high ball the odd times he was tested.

As some have mentioned he has to bring his "A" game with Tom breathing down his neck now. Thats a good thing though and to have someone like Tom as a ready relpacement is a nice luxury.

Like Wolfy, like Jorge. Everyone is quick to jump on any little mistake.. If only half as many people gave them some praise.

No one in here yet to applaud his great effort to charge at the line, draw a heap of defence and offload to Killer to get us back in the game so I'll be the first. Great, great play!

He is a paradox. Generally very good technically, although not a winger! Unfortunately Peta couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.

If Jorge spends some time sidelined next week, at least we'll have the Speed King back. At the game today, we caught the Under 20's. Tom Turbo is a first grade superstar in waiting.

Hiku? I thought he was dreadful again today. On the intercept try, he was the slowest of every back chasing INCLUDING Matai.
Tad harsh.
Him being the slowest of all the backs, must be his fault Lee ran the length of the field and no one caught him? I think he did pretty well dragging a few players to the try line and getting an offload away for killer to score

As I said in the game day thread, Hiku might be the NRL's slowest winger, but he's physically very strong and very hard to put down in a tackle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6