PETA hiku

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mea Culpa.
1. Hiku was great.
2. Foran was awesome.
3. Ballin played well for a full 80 minutes.
4. Hasson was better (but still not one of our top 17)
5. 2V was right with his selections

I was wrong on at least these five players/instances . . . and I couldn't be happier.

Nah, he DID do a great job, don't get me wrong, i just think Turbo makes us more flamboyant.
Well you're right in that regard but his time will come - let's face it, if there is anyone who could break the all time try scoring record I honestly think its tommy t and I pray to god he does it in the maroon and white. I can't imagine what he will do to opposition's defence in the coming years and what he will grow into, he will be a unit. You know what's scary though - in Matty johns article in the smelly the youngest trbojevic is 13 and already stands 6ft hopefully the trbojevic clan has a life long affiliation with our club. Back on topic though hiku did a great job and for some reason I generally have a soft spot for him may at times sound a little bias but I think tooves made the right selections for the game even has was far less plodable.

Hiku did a lot of tough hit ups too

Exactly. Even when Hiku has a blinder he still gets a hard time here. Look, I love Tommy T and appreciate that he's too good to be playing in the 20s. He's a first grader, a definite star in the making. But Hiku's a first grader, too, on top of being a Kiwi international with a proven record in big games.
The funny thing is, neither of them are wingers. Fullback is probably the best position for both of them. But they're both such talented, natural footballers they make a good go of it. Tommy has the better physical attributes and athletic ability but Hiku probably shades him when it comes to defensive positioning. He definitely shades him on experience.
It really is a tough choice to make but I like that Tooves is showing a bit of loyalty to his troops. Looks like they're starting to pay him back for it.

Yeah I must admit I'm more of a Turbo fan than Hiku but cudos to him last night. I thought he was awesome. Not just with his try scoring but his heavy work load, hard hits in defence and forward like hit ups. Awesome job mate well done.

I'm a big tommy turbo fan and made a smart Alec comment last night about hoping someone puts chilli in hikus sandwich so he gets a bit of diarrhoea, and then tommy plays.

Good on you last night Peta. This is what we've all been waiting for. Sure the tries were good, but it was more the general attitude when bringing the ball out of danger.

The one thing I like at the moment is their are options. And being pressured to keep your spot is great to have. And hiku responded well.

Hiku was 100 percent better than the Cowpokes game where he t caught out of position time and time again, he finished off the good work inside him really well and made some quality metres when the team were coming out of trouble, the good thing now is that there is pressure on home to perform as we have some depth challenging him, very healthy for the club.

Exactly. Even when Hiku has a blinder he still gets a hard time here. Look, I love Tommy T and appreciate that he's too good to be playing in the 20s. He's a first grader, a definite star in the making. But Hiku's a first grader, too, on top of being a Kiwi international with a proven record in big games.
The funny thing is, neither of them are wingers. Fullback is probably the best position for both of them. But they're both such talented, natural footballers they make a good go of it. Tommy has the better physical attributes and athletic ability but Hiku probably shades him when it comes to defensive positioning. He definitely shades him on experience.
It really is a tough choice to make but I like that Tooves is showing a bit of loyalty to his troops. Looks like they're starting to pay him back for it.

I agree Hiku had a great game.

I was listening to the Nine commentary last night while watching it on TV.

The commentators were discussing this very thing. Johns replied, "that would mean dropping a current NZ international player for Tom T.

Just a great game and a great win. Who cares who played as long as we won. I enjoyed laughing at my South Sydney client I saw this morning. :rofl:

A real winger would of had at least 4 last night.
As I have said before I like Hiku, just not as a winger. Got alot of depth next year, barring injuries there are going to be a couple of unhappy campers.

To all those people who rubbished hiku. You've been owned!

Yeah, Shaun Marsh and Shane Watson have scored centuries as well. It is just all the rubbish games in between that is the worry. Sorry to use a cricket analogy...

Tommy will have to bide his time unfortunately.

However, it's not the end of the world if only ONE of our backs get injured as Tommy can fill right in.

I'm so glad that we no longer need to play Blair/Williame

When I saw the uppercase thread title I thought this might have been about a NZ branch of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Seriously though, his application may have gone up somewhat with the knowledge that he has some real pressure to hold his spot now.

Joey said it right last night, does the club pay players to play outside of Killer.....or do they pay the club for the chance?

Would Tommy have done any better than Peta last night? I doubt he would have been better and I don't think he would have been worse either.

Lets face it.....Peta is a fullback or centre who is forced to play on the wing at Manly. He may not have the pace of a winger, but he does a lot of the heavy work in taking hit ups early in tackle counts that takes a lot of the pressure off the forwards. And Tommy isn't a winger either, he's a fullback who seems set to follow the trend of young FB's coming into first grade and spending their apprenticeship on the wing before moving to the #1 jumper.

Lets just enjoy the fact that right now we have such a talented and on fire backline where someone actually has to be left out. I'd rather that than have players in and out all of the time because of injuries.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4