Perrett - Can he provide X factor ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This big bloke has been ordinary considering the hype he had early on, with this potential that seems to have been masked by an ordinary attitude.
But....I do maintain there is a huge human with an offload, that can bend the line hidden inside a big lazy body.
Des looks like to give him a run this Friday and due to late season injury, has the opportunity to hold his place come finals....a long shot but maybe this left field option can provide some dividends on the back of second phase play, giving a much needed option to the attack, which lacks zest with Tom T out.....
At this stage of the season and due to the Massive loss of Thommo in the engine room it's a tough call to expect this bloke who has been as soft as a marshmallow to stand up and get some mongrel and desire into his game...but my Silvertail friends - if we ever needed a few smokies to stand up - that time is now.

This big bloke has been ordinary considering the hype he had early on, with this potential that seems to have been masked by an ordinary attitude.
But....I do maintain there is a huge human with an offload, that can bend the line hidden inside a big lazy body.
Des looks like to give him a run this Friday and due to late season injury, has the opportunity to hold his place come finals....a long shot but maybe this left field option can provide some dividends on the back of second phase play, giving a much needed option to the attack, which lacks zest with Tom T out.....
At this stage of the season and due to the Massive loss of Thommo in the engine room it's a tough call to expect this bloke who has been as soft as a marshmallow to stand up and get some mongrel and desire into his game...but my Silvertail friends - if we ever needed a few smokies to stand up - that time is now.
There is some thing there ....

He has the size to attract 3 and 4 defenders and offload

The size to break the line

The size to barge over for a try close to the line

If anybody has a point to prove, and the ability to do it, it's Lloyd Perrett. Sadly, that's been the case in the whole time he's been with us and he's yet to do it. If he does get a run, I hope he kills it, but I am doubtful.

He can cover Boyle well enough if he is focused - sure; he can have his moments with offloads in a game as well, but he will not be an x-factor.

Fullback is our biggest concern.

AND,

The heart of a flea

He may have motivational and weight and fitness issues but he also has size and skill .

We have all seen this in patches in matches .

Any one that has played NRL is no flea . That is a little harsh .

We are in need of troops and short of troops and we need to get the most out of what we have .

With Lloyd we do have a big body that can do some damage and if we can get into his head and have him believe he can do the Manly jumper some justice

It's not his attack that need focus it's his defense, he is very slow in the middle of the ruck and would have the opposition spine licking their lips. Also has issues with getting off the ground and getting back in the defensive line.

Rather Saunders get the bench spot. He is a mean and very busy MOFO :rock:

Perrett had his chance during the Magic Round and even the Commentators noted his lack of interest.
Bizarre that he is picked in the 21 each week. Not sure why as he never gets onto the bench :think:

Last edited:
Maybe Des' plan is to wind Perrett up to play like a demon for remaining games to kill 2 birds - improve our chances in the semis & make it easier to offload him to another club.

Did I hear right that he's on $600-700k a season???
Perrett is on one of Bozo's backended deals and it finishes this year :nod:

He could go out with a bang, hero to all Manly Fans, Premiership winner ....or nada :nerd:

Last edited:
Can definitely add a spark and create 2nd phase play in a 15 minute stint. Been going well at Blacktown and looking for a new contract. Its the best opportunity he'll get to showcase his skills. I worry about his laziness in defence but should be fit enough for a short stint

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2