Perrett - Can he provide X factor ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll be more nervous than usual if he plays, but he does have ability.
I'll leave it up to Des. He proved me wrong with Boyle who I thought improved dramatically.

Rather Saunders get the bench spot. He is a mean and very busy MOFO :rock:

Perrett had his chance during the Magic Round and even the Commentators noted his lack of interest.
Bizarre that he is picked in the 21 each week. Not sure why as he never gets onto the bench :think:
I don't recall Saunders being on a devel contract and therefore eligible to play but my memory ain't what it used to be. @:cry:

I would hazard a guess that he is picked in the 21 every week because he is the only other real prop we have in the 30 that is not injured.

If you’ve seen him play State Cup you wouldn’t propose such a ridiculous notion. He is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...

Saunders isn't listed at all, yet he has been at BWSE most of 2019 :think:

Saunders isn't listed at all, yet he has been at BWSE most of 2019 :think:

We could have added a development player or two after Croker and Guacamole got upgraded into top 30 - I think you are allowed 5 or 6 development contracts. These players are allowed to play after June 30 without any special clearance required from memory. Its not easy to find who the actual development players are, so Saunders may be one, who knows. We'll find out this afternoon when they name the squad whether he is a smoky or not

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/the-wisdom-of-gus-helps-perrett-turn-it-all-around/

Perrett will start in Saturday’s must-win clash against the Sharks in just his second appearance of the season. But had it not been for a chat with Gould last year, there’s every chance the 24-year-old would no longer be in the NRL.

So when Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler told him he’d make his season debut against Parramatta last week, Perrett’s emotions got the better of him.

“It was exciting, and to be honest, I haven’t been excited about football for the past two years – until I had that epiphany,” he tells Big League.

“I met with ‘Gus’ Gould last year and he told me that I have to remember why I love the game and keep working it. With anything you love you have to keep working on it because it won’t stick around.

"I lost my love for the game but his words certainly helped.

“It was a chance meeting because he’s always been a fan of my brother Sam.

"I was going through a tough phase last year after I suffered heat stroke in the pre-season and was struggling to find a reason to keep playing.

"I sat down with Gus and he told me I had to get healthy and rediscover my love for football.”

Gould’s words helped, but another tough year on and off the field took its toll on Perrett.

“I’ve had a tough run of things in and outside of footy, but I decided to pull my finger out two or three months ago," he said.

You know we are at a low Ebb when Lloyd Perrett is your run on Prop.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy , these comments aren’t personal , but he hasn’t exactly “ killed it” in recent times has he??

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Boo to the negative nancies.

He's been great for Blacktown. Adds the offload back to our game which has been missing for a while. He's playing for a contract and has been around the game a while so can add experience.

He's pulling on the Maroon and White in a final for us this week so I wish him all the best.
Yer I don't mind the big unit . He could very well smash them.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6