Perrett - Can he provide X factor ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we ever needed Perrett to stand up, its this Saturday and the stage is set for him to go from zero to hero.
All the posts on here are correct, good and bad ....he has been lazy, lacked attitude, can offload, has strength to bust tackles....just hoping he can bring the positive attributes, because underneath some of the deserved negative press he has received the past 2 years, this is the ultimate opportunity to win every Manly fan over in 1 game and can only be good for whatever his future in the game may be.

From reports he teared up when told he will play last week and played quite well, setting up a try. He played with a bit of passion and was pumping the boys up when they made a mistake.
To have guys like him and T rex as back ups this time of year is a blessing. We have lost soooo much experience and we need these guys in our team.

Lloyd has played in reggies like he has decided this year is his last. Might explain the emotion maybe. Hope he goes well and goes out happy.

I hope he goes well (obviously). I've felt he's always been honest in his interviews with what he wants to do, his brother, etc, but it's just like ... some of the things he wanted to do on the field just weren't getting there.

I'm trying to type something nicer than "talk the talk never walked the walk" lol - as that's not quite fair.

He's playing in the finals! Hopefully that's inspiring and motivation enough to really rip in!

Time for LLloyd and T Rex to either go out with a blaze of glory or grab hold onto another contract. They're playing for their future here. They have to play the games of their lives.
Can you imagine how excited they would be
giphy.gif

Time for LLloyd and T Rex to either go out with a blaze of glory or grab hold onto another contract. They're playing for their future here. They have to play the games of their lives.

Could just go out in a blaze as well!!

I know we have little choice so I’ll just have to suck it up!

Could just go out in a blaze as well!!

I know we have little choice so I’ll just have to suck it up!
Get your point Mark - I actually share your thoughts to a degree, in all honesty we are up against all odds and bookies have the right to mark us down as 5/1 outsiders......but that won't effect the youngsters who get the opportunity of a lifetime and will only be fuel to the DCE and Jake types.
Perrett is like that big volcano that has potential to erupt...or simply go cold.
But I have a feeling he will have a serious dig and he could well be a major key to any chance we do have of upsetting the Sharks.

Get your point Mark - I actually share your thoughts to a degree, in all honesty we are up against all odds and bookies have the right to mark us down as 5/1 outsiders......but that won't effect the youngsters who get the opportunity of a lifetime and will only be fuel to the DCE and Jake types.
Perrett is like that big volcano that has potential to erupt...or simply go cold.
But I have a feeling he will have a serious dig and he could well be a major key to any chance we do have of upsetting the Sharks.

I agree with that too.

I just have a feeling things would have to be perfect in the first 20 minutes for that to happen, if it is ( even if it’s only a 2-0 scoreline our way) they’ll lift but the difference between say a Thommo and Perrett is Thommo won’t hang his head and say to himself that the game is over if we are behind.

A low scoring game could be our best hope, not a game like the Eels when it was all over after 20 minutes.

I agree with that too.

I just have a feeling things would have to be perfect in the first 20 minutes for that to happen, if it is ( even if it’s only a 2-0 scoreline our way) they’ll lift but the difference between say a Thommo and Perrett is Thommo won’t hang his head and say to himself that the game is over if we are behind.

A low scoring game could be our best hope, not a game like the Eels when it was all over after 20 minutes.
If it becomes a shootout, its a 22 point loss, we lack the attack to pile on huge points....we need Manly's defence to keep them 16 or under for a shot.....

I agree with that too.

Exactly how it needs to play out. In fact we will win this if the sardines are held below 18 points. There's enough for us to get 3-4 tries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6