[Resurrected] Penn selling the club??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"example of thinking outside the box, i know many Manly supporters who would never wear the jersey or any form of merchandise because it looks cheap and lacks class for day to day wear.(AKA me and many others).

Agreed. I loved wearing the full kit as a teenager but I look a wally doing this in my fifties but still love the club. I've argued for years that we should have a nice collared traditional hoops rugby style jersey without all the sponsor crap. It can be worn on and off for years not worrying about which sponsors come and go. The wormald retro jersey comes closest but would love a nice one with a collar. Canterbury branded rugby jerseys were fairly popular 20 or more years ago as casual wear but they seem to have fallen out of fashion. I would love to wear something like that with the manly hoops.

Agreed. I loved wearing the full kit as a teenager but I look a wally doing this in my fifties but still love the club. I've argued for years that we should have a nice collared traditional hoops rugby style jersey without all the sponsor crap. It can be worn on and off for years not worrying about which sponsors come and go. The wormald retro jersey comes closest but would love a nice one with a collar. Canterbury branded rugby jerseys were fairly popular 20 or more years ago as casual wear but they seem to have fallen out of fashion. I would love to wear something like that with the manly hoops.
@Sea Eagle 4 Life posted a thread about a polo for sale in the UK that was in the style of the 70's jersey.......

https://silvertails.net/threads/malcolm-reilly.56713/

THIS is why we need to have a no d*ckheads and no DV policy at OUR club.

I know I am sounding like a broken record... but if we want to attract the middle/upper class supporter of Rugby League (which is ironically not the largest segment by actual numbers) then we really need to live and breath the target segment
Not sure if that was 2 separate ideas you expressed?
But if not... I disagree that the 'upper/middle class' are more precious about dickheaded behaviour.
In fact there is plenty of evidence that they tolerate it more. Only have to look at some prominent world leaders - or in the rugby league world, rich clubs like Roosters and Brisbane. They want to win at all costs, they feel entitled, and they can buy their way out of trouble.

Not sure if that was 2 separate ideas you expressed?
But if not... I disagree that the 'upper/middle class' are more precious about dickheaded behaviour.
In fact there is plenty of evidence that they tolerate it more. Only have to look at some prominent world leaders - or in the rugby league world, rich clubs like Roosters and Brisbane. They want to win at all costs, they feel entitled, and they can buy their way out of trouble.
Fair call - maybe I have blurred the lines between two issues somewhat with my own personal bias.

I just want cotton. Not the synthetic rubbish that most fan wear is.

If you're a FC member, you can get the ballcap of your dreams - a nice modestly-sized, old-style Manly-Warringah logo and Sea Eagle (not the Philadelphia Eagles number), with your FC membership no. emblazoned on one side of the cap.

IF you're not a FC member, do yourself a favour and get onboard.

Yep, it's my new golf hat.
Makes me play better golf because it annoys my mates as they know I look like a winner.

If it makes you feel better, that's an 8 day old article and we've already raged against it!

I think I'll buy Manly just to stop all the rumours. @HappilyManly can run it for me for, I dunno 2 mill a year sound ok?

I'll prob have to give woodsie a 15k diamond ring as well!
Typical :swear:

The woman is expected to do the work and it's deemed a favour :confused:

And the pretty ones just lie back flashing their bling :makeup:

Typical :swear:

The woman is expected to do the work and it's deemed a favour :confused:

And the pretty ones just lie back flashing their bling :makeup:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I didn't get that.

Thank you for increasing my 'woke-ness' :)

A 5.5k a day 'favour' .......................................................................lol

These 'Manly Sale' article never cease to amaze me :rolleyes:

The Penn's and every other Club's owners are mere bit players.:nerd:

2019 clearly shows that the calibre of the Coach determines the Club's success @:cool:

At least Manly are back under the Radar as Sticky and the Dogs distract the Media >:)

Latest offer pulled according to this article

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/18...gles-taken-off-the-table-20190921-p52tk4.html

$18 million offer to buy Sea Eagles taken off the table
Adrian Proszenko
September 21, 2019 — 7.00pm

Australian businessman Michael Ibrahim has withdrawn an $18 million offer to purchase Manly from the Penn family.

As revealed by The Sun-Herald last month, the parties were in secret talks about a potential Sea Eagles sale. Frustrated by the lack of progress in negotiations, Ibrahim put a deadline for the deal to be accepted. When the Penns failed to act before the cut-off date, reached two Fridays ago, the offer was pulled from the table.

It leaves the Sea Eagles without a genuine bidder after several interested consortiums failed to stump up the cash required to table an offer. The $18 million Ibrahim offer would have allowed the Penn family to depart with a profit, given chairman and majority owner Scott Penn recently stated his family had invested $16 million into the football club.

Ibrahim’s initial interest in the club, expressed through an intermediary last year, was on behalf of a number of wealthy Middle-Eastern ruling families. However, the recent $18 million offer was a personal bid to gain control of the club. Ibrahim had previously eyed off purchasing St George Illawarra, but the club instead sold off the Illawarra side of the merger to WIN Corporation.

Speculation has swirled around the Northern Beaches for several years that the Penn family is keen to offload the franchise. Penn has been spending the majority of his time overseas, while his parents, Rick and Heather, are reportedly keen to cash out.

Yep Ibrahim appeared to be a tyrekicker

I feel the same, just after some media minutes.

If the club was being brought by someone it wouldn’t be played out in the media, the first anyone would hear about it outside the parties involved would be when contract have or about to be signed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2