Pell for Pope

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Sydney's own cardinal George Pell has apparently made the short list of the top 18 candidates, from all the cardinals around the world, to be elected Pope.

When I think of John Paul II and the type of man he was and his willingness to stand up to wrongs and evils and Pell, the epitomy of conservatism and 1950's thinking, I just don't get it.

JP II was also very conservative dude... same thing with women in the home, no contraception etc...
In fact, all candidates are conservative. It's the way of grumpy old amn and the church.

It's the way of the catholic church.....do you really think they make many decisions?

...I'm sure they'll forgo their riches to feed the starving people who bring thousands of extra babies into the world that they can't sustain because of their church's beliefs.

You don't build a religion by getting all the followers to stop having babies.

I am sure that the Liberal's business folks will all forgo their riches to feed the starving workers who bring thousands of dollars so that they can sustain their beliefs.... :p ;)
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Apr 13 2005, 09:40AM ]</span>

I agree with byso for once. The catholic church has an extreme amount of money that could be used better.

MB makes a good point too ;)

Sorry byso - I am not going to start on how I feel about religion and beliefs. One subject I stay well away from. Just not a big fan of Pell.

who cares.

Very interesting....the catholic church effects millions if not billions of peoples lives with there ideals.

But you're more concerned about a few trees getting knocked down.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4