[Resurrected] Paul Kent makes sense

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Why have rules if you can't police them or if they do not apply equitably amongst all the clubs in this competition? It's beyond a joke and the joker greencarnt needs to go.

Hang on. I hear an echo coming. There is also the idea of a limited draft system. That would stop much of the rot. Oh yeah they dont want that, especially the Roosters, Storm and Bronks. And then there is Greenburg playing softly softly with Parra, Newcastle and the Titans...but hey not Manly

In other walks of life, third parties are called corruption, or second jobs. In my job if I went and sought other payments from companies vaguely related to my work it would be corrupt.

If I got a second job it’s extra tax.

Doesn't this happen to some degree anyway...? Aren't TPA's supposed to be registered with the NRL. So couldn't they police it the same way as your suggesting above? Registering it or paying it - both allow the governing body to keep track of them?
Yep and it has proved to be an ineffective means to policing TPAs/.
For mine, the only solution is that the NRL gives extra funds/cap compensation to those clubs who have not been able to secure TPAs for their players. So if the Broncos declared 10 million in TPAs per year for their team, the NRL should look at a Manly who has declared say 2 million (these numbers are purely fictional) and cover either the 8 million difference or a large % of the 8 million. That is the only fair way to do it.

The more TPA's a club has the less funding they should get say for tpa's that total 2 million in value they lose funding at the rate of 1:1 for the second million in the first year, then less every year they are over 1 million in tpa's. So if Broncs have tpa's worth 2 million, then they recieve 1 million less funding from the nrl.if they have 8 million in tpa's they recieve nothing from the nrl. You could change the ratio as the tpa value goes up. When clubs are out of pocket they may think twice about tpa's.

Ummm not sure how to describe it but let's go with illegal unsportsmanlike tactics. He was blowing up deluxe saying there's only been one common denominator at the Storm since 2005 and that's the head coach. Rules have to continually be changed due to their tactics. Stemmed from the Kaufusi hit on Matterson on the weekend and Kent said he should have got 8 weeks. I'm with him. Typical Melbourne Storm grub tactics, but plead innocence. Boy that cried Wolf.

Ummm not sure how to describe it but let's go with illegal unsportsmanlike tactics. He was blowing up deluxe saying there's only been one common denominator at the Storm since 2005 and that's the head coach. Rules have to continually be changed due to their tactics. Stemmed from the Kaufusi hit on Matterson on the weekend and Kent said he should have got 8 weeks. I'm with him. Typical Melbourne Storm grub tactics, but plead innocence. Boy that cried Wolf.
It was bloody gold and 100% true

He listed about 15 illegal tactics from grapple to chicken wing, cannonball, crocodile roll, etc and said they were all designed to maim opponents, and all started at Storm, and all while Bellamy was in charge.
(I like it that Kent making sense is so rare it is worthy of a headline!)

He basically said Bellamy is solely responsible for all the dirty, grubby tactics tge Storm have brought into the game since 2005. And they’ve been so bad the nrl have had to introduce rules to get rid of them. And he’d be right
Bellamy and his tactics and practices are a blight and a stain on the fabric of the game .Yet he is lauded and feted as a genius salivated over by not only Melbourne but the Donkeys and Gummies ,a disgrace of Greenburg proportions for the havoc harm and destruction he has wreaked on the game
Kent (spelt with the slight U ) on this one is 1000% correct ,even though I think he didint quite mean to come out with it as he did .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10