• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F***off with Green. Seriously kidding right. Get Toovey in there to stir up these lazy f**kers and get Mark Carroll in there to pour some concrete into the forwards till they puke. This lot are the laziest, weakest bunch of millenial cry babies I've ever seen.

F***off with Green. Seriously kidding right. Get Toovey in there to stir up these lazy f**kers and get Mark Carroll in there to pour some concrete into the forwards till they puke. This lot are the laziest, weakest bunch of millenial cry babies I've ever seen.
They wouldn't have survived playing like they are under Terry Randall ... he would have slapped them silly in the sheds at half time

You’ve got that right with Jake’s cry baby attitude, looks like he’s gonna cry in his post match interviews. Harden up you soft c***

He doesn’t have a choice. His methods are out of date. He has no experience along side him. Hales, Monaghan and Randall have no fg experience both as head and assistants.
The other thing to remember is assistants don’t just hang around in the background bouncing a footy on the ground. They run their own sessions and bring their own philosophies to the table.
I remember Carty ran a session that was really ordinary, blew a whistle and said that’s great boys...we got flogged the following week. A good assistant can have a bearing on results.
Yep. Greens main issue is he wears players down over time with his personality. Much like Brian Smith. I know a couple of young guys who played at Wynnum and wax lyrical about him as a coach but eventually the disciplinary hard ass approach wore thin. Same at Cowboys.

But in an assistants role we could learn a lot from him without the personality becoming a serious issue as he doesn’t run the show. I think it’s a great idea.

You either sack Des or get qualified modern assistant coaches in his ear. He does not accept its a new game and the fact we are a laughing stock the way we play.Time we had someone of standing in the wings. Green has won premierships everywhere he goes.

Last edited:
I agree with the school of thought this is a very public message from Penn to Hasler. The message looks like - I’m not afraid to replace you, contract or no contract. I’m glad Penn is making a stand. Interesting times ahead. This had to happen.

Thought maybe there were some interesting players off contract from the Cowboys that Green could funnel to us but.......no. Unless he can influence the big man to defect? LolView attachment 17582
I’d take drinkwater as a utility option. Isn’t it funny now every time I see a player suggested or options to bring in, I immediately think cover options for Tom. Tge sad reality!

I’d take drinkwater as a utility option. Isn’t it funny now every time I see a player suggested or options to bring in, I immediately think cover options for Tom. Tge sad reality!
I haven't been impressed with Drinkwater in the NRL but I saw him play a Qld cup game where he tore it to shreds... has potential but not sure what is holding him back as he has had a fair crack...

I haven't been impressed with Drinkwater in the NRL but I saw him play a Qld cup game where he tore it to shreds... has potential but not sure what is holding him back as he has had a fair crack...
The whole teams prob holding him back Frank. He’s had his moments in FG too. But not consistent at all yet. Likely never happen anyway.

Yep. Greens main issue is he wears players down over time with his personality. Much like Brian Smith. I know a couple of young guys who played at Wynnum and wax lyrical about him as a coach but eventually the disciplinary hard ass approach wore thin. Same at Cowboys.

But in an assistants role we could learn a lot from him without the personality becoming a serious issue as he doesn’t run the show. I think it’s a great idea.

You either sack Des or get qualified modern assistant coaches in his ear. He does not accept its a new game and the fact we are a laughing stock the way we play.Time we had someone of standing in the wings. Green has won premierships everywhere he goes.
What is also interesting is that Des actually wanted another experienced assistant and was not given one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4