Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paseka you Beast

HK_Eagle

Very funny seeing all the ex Paseka haters get proven wrong due to his great form this year and now all of a sudden jump on his bandwagon pretending they’ve supported him all along. It’s very easy to start talking up a bloke once the media start giving him wraps but barely anyone had faith in him earlier this season and last year too before he got all this attention. What a joke... I’ve always been a fan of Paseka and had belief that he would turn out to be a great player for us and am now very happy to see him playing good footy consistently.
And thank god you were always a fan of Paseka while others criticised him because that must be the reason he came good this season.

Denno

And thank god you were always a fan of Paseka while others criticised him because that must be the reason he came good this season.
I did I Like his attitude his Values ..and his development ...Gunna B a Gun...!!!

Freagle

Interesting read on NRL website about Tamou specifically, and Panthers props in general. This quote in particular makes me think we might be behind the pack in terms of fitness.

"In the old days you'd see a front-rower carrying a few kilos. Here at Penrith he's led their training, so now if you had a photoshoot with our middle forwards, they're all ripped and Jimmy's the most ripped of them all."

Can't think of any of our middles other than possibly Kapow, who don't have a bit of flab hanging over the belt. Even the young guys like Keppie are not 'cut'...AFB certainly wasn't despite being a beast in general.

Ryan

Interesting read on NRL website about Tamou specifically, and Panthers props in general. This quote in particular makes me think we might be behind the pack in terms of fitness.

"In the old days you'd see a front-rower carrying a few kilos. Here at Penrith he's led their training, so now if you had a photoshoot with our middle forwards, they're all ripped and Jimmy's the most ripped of them all."

Can't think of any of our middles other than possibly Kapow, who don't have a bit of flab hanging over the belt. Even the young guys like Keppie are not 'cut'...AFB certainly wasn't despite being a beast in general.
Also, our play-the-ball speed seems very, very slow to almost every other team in the competition. That's an effort area, you don't even need skill for it. Win the ruck, even in attack, our attackers are so often turned over and around, takes a lifetime to play-the-ball.

Ben

Also, our play-the-ball speed seems very, very slow to almost every other team in the competition. That's an effort area, you don't even need skill for it. Win the ruck, even in attack, our attackers are so often turned over and around, takes a lifetime to play-the-ball.
I found this has been a major stumbling block for us this year. AFB is one of the best props in the game but I think his post contact meters actually hurt us in a strange way. His stats looked great and got us plenty of meters but the ruck speed was so slow the defensive line is always set and we can’t get the roll on. I think he/we need to find the ground and play up tempo instead of trying to win a power game up the middle.

madmax

Paseka looks pretty cut to me......

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20