Parras culture or poor signings??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
As possably the most overpaid player in the NRL the hot & freezing cold Sandow had a muffin belly going on tonight. The Eels besides a late charge in 2009 are a shell of a team in recent times & the signings over the past 2 years have been deplorable. Webb looked an obese mess, Matua - average at best , Walker I think retired mid season due to poor performance & marquee Sandow did not look as sharp as he was at the Hares.
If not for 1 man Hindmarsh imo they would have collected more spoons & without Hayne lacked any penetration.
Sure the EEls hung into the game & played gritty in front of their home fans but once the Broncos clicked it was just a matter of time - the management & culture at that club is shocking atm.
Sandow will have his 3 great games & prove a matchwinner but for that money you would expect him in tip top shape in round 1.

Without his ex-mates from Souffs, Sandow might not be such an arrogant smart-ass at Parra as he was in previous years.

Still, he's right up there as players I can't stand!

i love hating parra as much as anyone but let me ask you these questions.
did the need to improve their halves
did they get one of the better halves on the market
are you really writing off a player for the season on one performance in new colours
was sandow the reason for the loss
are parra expected to be one of the top teams this year
are brisbane

I think Parra made Brisbane look better then they actually were. A half decent attacking side would have beaten the Broncos tonight. I would not write Parra off just yet though, it was a wet night and Sandow will need time to build combinations with his new teammates.

What about that goose Cayless saying Sandow is Parramattas best ever signing.

In 1977 when they finally lured a handy country centre to the city after many others had tried and failed. Mick Cronin was about the only Eel I ever liked, and he was a champion.

Anyone reckon Cronin's record of 4 premierships and almost 2000 points will be matched by Sandow.

Biscuits said:
i love hating parra as much as anyone but let me ask you these questions.
did the need to improve their halves
did they get one of the better halves on the market
are you really writing off a player for the season on one performance in new colours
was sandow the reason for the loss
are parra expected to be one of the top teams this year
are brisbane
*Improve halves - Yes - & the rest of the team.
*1 of the better halves - On his odd day but lacks consistency to be a top half imo.
*better halves on market - Prefer Carney at 1/4 the price.
*writing off his season - No - if you read carefully I state he will win the ODD game for them but I am writing off his shape indicating something is not right in the water or hamburgers at Parramatta.
*Sandow reason for loss - Largely - took some poor options with Parra on the attack in the 2nd half resulting in turnovers at crux moments & at times confused teammates as he ran around in circles.
*Parra top team in 2012 - Not for me - where did I say that??
*Are Broncos - Yes & apart from being rusty due to 1st game & playing at Parramatta would have won by 30+. In saying that Bris look solid as a team but lack the 6,7 & 9 to go all the way imo.

I knew there would be many idiots sinking the boot into Sandow after tonight if they lost. Yes he is paid too much and I hear he was not brilliant tonight but its rd 1. Last year we were gone after round 1 according to the experts on here and elsewhere.

With their junior base they should be top eight every year. They've missed out on some great players that were right under their noses in recent years. You'd have to put that down to bad management. Replacing Daniel Anderson with Kearney has not proved to be a smart move either.

While I agree of a poor culture and there recruitment can at times be laughable,its round 1, a lot of you have gone off early.But with that in mind if the warriors get up tomorrow the doomsdayers will be out in force, so i suppose its pretty consistent

That was a lower standard game than the Knights/Steelers match. The Eels hung in for 60 min but it became apparent that they had no attack on the night. However it was reasonable that they had to concentrate first on improving their defence so thier showing wasn't really a total loss.

I'm with Biscuits, the Eels are popular spoon picks while the Broncos are widely tipped for success, so what were you all expecting?

jbb/james said:
While I agree of a poor culture and there recruitment can at times be laughable,its round 1, a lot of you have gone off early.But with that in mind if the warriors get up tomorrow the doomsdayers will be out in force, so i suppose its pretty consistent

We have not won a round 1 game since 2007 so there is a good chance it will happen too. :p

Based on last nights performance Parra are exactly where they were last year, they will hang into games but have no strike power and cannot score tries.

They didnt threaten the broncos line at all, and they were gifted there only try. They drop ball under pressure.
To their credit broncos has plenty of possession and threw plenty at them, and there defence overall wasn't too bad. Broncos could of easily scored twice as many tries against a scrappier defence

Sandow looked like a pigmy with berri berri running around last night. Parra fans will be slitting their wrists in six weeks time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6