Parramatta- What should happen ? / What will happen ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They should lose all their points and be forced to shed the required players to be under the cap otherwise it's still grossly unfair on any club that plays them.

Also should be made to wear black and white striped convict jumpers with Salary Cap Cheats printed prominently across the front and the back.

They should lose all their points and be forced to shed the required players to be under the cap otherwise it's still grossly unfair on any club that plays them.

Also should be made to wear black and white striped convict jumpers with Salary Cap Cheats printed prominently across the front and the back.
*But Andrew....didn't you hear Sterlo and others say just how unfair it is to the players - why should they be punished? Punish the administrators not the players, no deduction of points. I mean, it doesn't matter that they are an illegally compiled team that would not be together if they didn't cheat, and that this illegal team has beaten 4 sides this year accumulating 8 competition points and preventing other clubs who fielded teams under the cap from acquiring those competition points.

The fact that their 17 would not be together in it's current form, and would likely be without at least one or two stars doesn't mean anything. Let them keep the players, fine the administrators, keep the points and continue to allow this illegally assembled team play on and take the spot of a team in the 8 that actually abided by the rules.

* These sarcastic comments are hereby withdrawn in the event that Manly have been caught cheating the cap, in which case replace sarcasm with genuine heartfelt and honest opinion.

*But Andrew....didn't you hear Sterlo and others say just how unfair it is to the players - why should they be punished?
How is it unfair?
They can still enjoy playing the game they love, still enjoy all their camaraderie and the mates they make for life, and still get paid top dollar.

So they will not play finals, big deal.Neither do many honest players each year.

(Including many who weren't dumb enough to sign with a shonky club or to use a shonky agent.)
giphy.gif

They should lose their points and not be able to accrue any for the rest of 2016.

Surely the NRL would want to avoid the sh!tstorm if the Eels won the comp as a result of a soft/no penalty.

Knowingly or naively, they have put together an illegal team just like Storm or Dogs - and as such, they shouldn't be able to win the comp in 2016.

The NRL can't now set a weak precedent - which will no doubt encourage other clubs to run the gauntlet knowing they will only be set back a couple of games.

*But Andrew....didn't you hear Sterlo and others say just how unfair it is to the players - why should they be punished? Punish the administrators not the players, no deduction of points. I mean, it doesn't matter that they are an illegally compiled team that would not be together if they didn't cheat, and that this illegal team has beaten 4 sides this year accumulating 8 competition points and preventing other clubs who fielded teams under the cap from acquiring those competition points.

The fact that their 17 would not be together in it's current form, and would likely be without at least one or two stars doesn't mean anything. Let them keep the players, fine the administrators, keep the points and continue to allow this illegally assembled team play on and take the spot of a team in the 8 that actually abided by the rules.

* These sarcastic comments are hereby withdrawn in the event that Manly have been caught cheating the cap, in which case replace sarcasm with genuine heartfelt and honest opinion.
Just wondering if this Sterlo comment about this being unfair to the players goes back to when the Storm or the Dogs were stripped of their points or has he just had a sudden epiphany?

In my opinion you can't just strip a club of points and call it a day. I mean look at the Bulldogs, all of those players just took pay cuts and won a premiership. Because who cares if we take points off of them for 2016, they still have a great team for 2017.

So what I think should happen is that they should lose cap space for the next few years based on how much they cheated. For example if they were 500k over the cap for 4 years, then they have to operate 500k under the cap for 4 years. Heck you could even double it so that if they are 500k over they need to be 1 million under.

The NRL need to show that you can't just cheat your way to success. If you went up to a club like Newcastle and told them that they could win a premiership by giving up a year and cheating the cap they would do it. The Eels need to be made and example of here, to show that cheating doesn't win.

Also everyone involved in the cap cheating should be sacked and banned from the operation of anything NRL related for life. The NRL is given government money, and by cheating and constantly lying about how much they are cheating they essentially committed fraud.

There is one thing about what points penalty the team gets but what about the teams they have played against and beat?

Let's say they beat us tonight and over the weekend are told they have to shed players / play for no points - as per the normal with the NRL it will no longer be a level playing ground as teams who get to play the weakened eels (or less motivated) have an advantage

For mind not only do they need to play for zero points the games against them should be treated like a second bye
The probably won't be able to shed players this year as it's unlikely other clubs will be able to fit them in under their cap.
They should be made to shed players, however with Watmaugh and Hoppa gone, they will probably be able to squeeze them all next year, although the one they'd like to keep the most, Norman, may become a free agent.

The longer this goes on I not sure greenturd is going to do anything.

the NRL twitter banner picture is of an Forme in an eels jersey....! Also greenturd has trotted out the approval for upgrades today to various stadiums including Pirtek. Me thinks greenturd loves the worms.....so why would he do a thing to damage the worm brand further.

The NRL is really, really making me angry at the moment...!!

my opinion is they should be treated as the storm were for this season i.e. no points.
then all players signed after the date of the first breach was discovered have contracts declared null and void, free agents to play anywhere but there from next year(makes them perform this year as they want to be signed next year).
offending club has to start from scratch recruitment wise for the next season.
if the punishment is so severe that it becomes too risky to try to cheat than the likelyhood of another team doing so will diminish.

also all players could be made(clause in contract) to show tax declaration each year to avoid another fiasco like the storms.

Heard earlier a snippet from talkin Bulldogs and they reckon maybe 4 points should do it.

Then they advanced the argument that the best punishment is sacking the board. The Eels will be saying 'Oh no, please don't sack our beloved board members, we love them, please take points do anything but don't sack the board members'.

Finally they spoke with great empathy about how crippling the Eels season with a large loss of points would only hurt the fans.

What about the fans of teams that are playing legally, you hypocrites!!

They'll go as light as possible. If the other clubs don't like it, so what? What are they gonna do? Rollover and take it just like they do with the other great systemic rorting in this comp - the draw. The clubs already meekly accept the massive advantage gifted to the broncos, so why bitch about parra cheating?
That's really the gutz of it and Greenturd knows it....he can do what he likes, cause the other clubs can't and won't do jack shiit about it.

history has shown when clubs are caught systematically rorting they get punished

... before going on to win a premiership 2 seasons later with basically the same personnel (dogs in 2004 and cheating purple scum in 2012).

Most teams would happily accept that "punishment".

... before going on to win a premiership 2 seasons later with basically the same personnel (dogs in 2004 and cheating purple scum in 2012).

Most teams would happily accept that "punishment".

The dogs one was a rort how they kept their squad in tact but the storm did lose a couple of big players straight away.

Reading the tele this morning the comment was made that parra's punishment will be given next week and they can forget about playing in the semis this year

Still doesn't punish them enough as they should also operate under a reduced cap next year so that they have to shed players

should: loss of all points, massive fines, board sackings, ****ty draw and no contract registrations.

will: sfa

BREAKWAY COMP TIME!

Here's the dilemma for the NRL:
If they take points off, then how many? It has to be enough to ensure Doesn'tmatta can't reach the semis and turn the final series into a farce. Therefore: a 10-point deduction may not be enough. The way they are playing they could end up close to 40 points and sneak into the top eight.
If they strip them of all points, how many fans will turn up to their remaining matches and watch on TV? Channel Nein would not want this, and they control the NRL. (if this happened you'd want to be one of the clubs playing them because all the motivation for Parra to win has been killed).
If the NRL delays a decision, speculation will continue to mount and it will be the focus of RL, not on the on-field action.
I have no faith in the NRL but, for once, I think they are in a no-win situation.

The decision to make them play for 0 points all year implies they are over the cap. Which the NRL has already cleared them of for the past two seasons.

The decision to make them play for 0 points all year implies they are over the cap. Which the NRL has already cleared them of for the past two seasons.
The NRL cleared them by fining them 500k plus 4 competition points (currently suspended unless they breach again)

Then a Parra Whistleblower sent them all the illegal TPA information. This is what is currently being worked through as it goes back to 2013.

7d638118b723b270c0e02151b9aeb142

The proof that Parra Board actively sought to cheat the Cap .

Neither the Storm nor Bulldogs Boards were proven to have planned and recruited personnel to cheat the Cap @:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6