Parker's concussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
prob worthy of a suspension, but looking at the replay I just see matterson going in for a tackle with his shoulder and parker being bent over in a tackle causing the problem. One of those hard ones that can happen in a split second of a game.

Poor old Parker he gets injured every 2nd time he runs the ball out from our own end in those early tackles when we are fighting our way out after a kick etc. Blokes just tee off on him because of the way he runs.

Such a tough player, runs with his head low so he can land on his stomach and not get lifted up and pushed back BUT the downside is his head gets whacked and he's KO'd all the time.

I wince every time he takes a hit up and I'm not joking. Hope he's OK.

Not good seeing Parker cop that hit. But at the end of the day that’s footy, it was a bloody courageous run. Anyone who thinks that was deliberate foul play needs their head checked, I’m not a a Matterson fan but it was a pure accident at that pace.

Yeah he should be gone for a few of weeks, that’s fair.
But you can’t crucify him for that, I’m sure if it was one of our players that put on that hit the rhetoric around here would be different.
Agree, at what point is Matheson to stop in a fraction of a second and move his shoulder???
If Parker is more upright he hits his chest.
It’s a hard one and if was a Manly player whom was the tackler I bet we would all be looking at how the player fell into it.
What was pretty poor form was the way Matheson showed no remorse and didn’t check on Parker.
Also how effing tough is Parker.

Cheap shot. He turned and dropped his shoulder and led with the shoulder into the head. It looked premeditated and as bad as those tackles get. The worst one I have seen this season. IMO he deserves at least 6 weeks.
If you really wanted to curb that stuff to the occasional poorly executed accident, you would hand out the sorts of suspension that players like Les Boyd or Bob Cooper copped in the 1980s.

Clubs would soon bring players into line, if the alternative was a Ryan Matterson type sitting out 12 months or more of football, whilst soaking up several hundred thousand dollars of poker machine revenue.

Inappropriate Behavior
But that’s ‘footy’.

Just ask previous poster CJAeel.
Hahaha wow you are a donkey.
If you were competent you would be able to read that I’m not a fan of Matterson. He got charged for the tackle, what he did after was grubby but that’s not what he was charged for. Jog on, flog.

And for the record it is footy champ, there’s always going to be high speed collisions, accidental or not. You must love penalties like the one against brisbane the other night too.

Poor old Parker he gets injured every 2nd time he runs the ball out from our own end in those early tackles when we are fighting our way out after a kick etc. Blokes just tee off on him because of the way he runs.

Such a tough player, runs with his head low so he can land on his stomach and not get lifted up and pushed back BUT the downside is his head gets whacked and he's KO'd all the time.

I wince every time he takes a hit up and I'm not joking. Hope

I wince every time he takes a hit up and I'm not joking. Hope he's OK.
Agree Parks is a selfless player and that's why he has won me over Suli. Unfortunately his style of hard straight running leads to oppositions to target him with bigger hits. Most players develop a step to avoid big collisions but not Parks - he runs hard and straight.

On a side note Foran+Grarrick owe Parker a nice end of season gift as a thankyou for all the hospital lines Parker runs as a decoy or taking the hospital pass to setup plays later on. Defensive lines see Parker as a genuine line runner who will get the ball unlike many other line runners who are line running for show.
It’s this 100% committed line running that has helped make our left hand side attack so dangerous this year… I’ve always been concerned that Parker is a little one dimensional (straight lines, and his ball carrying style precludes off-loads and fends which makes him vulnerable to getting smashed every_single_time he runs the ball) but his absolute commitment to that line, with the threat of Tommy looping around or staying inside or the long pass to Garrick as yet another option keeps defensive units guessing until the pass is thrown: and by then it’s often too late to react effectively.

It takes insane bravery to run that line in the full knowledge that 9 out of 10 times you’re going to get hammered, but every time you do this it creates doubt in the defence that inevitably leads to bad reads and points leaking.

He’s a tough lad with a HUGE heart and personifies what Manly are, in many ways!

I have watched the Parker hit quite a few times and you can see Parker's eyes almost looking forward while he ran towards Mattersons shoulder.

Matterson did not raise his shoulder, it was always at the same height. Wonder why Parker did not try to move laterally left or right. It seemed that Parker just ran straight into his shoulder.

Not saying it's Parker's fault, I was just surprised he did nothing to avoid it.

I have watched the Parker hit quite a few times and you can see Parker's eyes almost looking forward while he ran towards Mattersons shoulder.

Matterson did not raise his shoulder, it was always at the same height. Wonder why Parker did not try to move laterally left or right. It seemed that Parker just ran straight into his shoulder.

Not saying it's Parker's fault, I was just surprised he did nothing to avoid it.
Yeah, I saw that also; then I considered that the replays of it were all in slow motion. In real time, he probably didn't process the info quickly enough to react.

Its the turn Matheson makes moving his left shoulder back and turning his right shoulder into the impact which makes it look nasty to me. He could have made contact with his left shoulder which was the side that parker was running into. I can't see why he needed to turn his right shoulder into the contact.

Agree, at what point is Matheson to stop in a fraction of a second and move his shoulder???
If Parker is more upright he hits his chest.
It’s a hard one and if was a Manly player whom was the tackler I bet we would all be looking at how the player fell into it.
What was pretty poor form was the way Matheson showed no remorse and didn’t check on Parker.
Also how effing tough is Parker.
He's tough all right, always lines up for the tough carries out of our 20m zone, when we are under the pump.

It’s this 100% committed line running that has helped make our left hand side attack so dangerous this year… I’ve always been concerned that Parker is a little one dimensional (straight lines, and his ball carrying style precludes off-loads and fends which makes him vulnerable to getting smashed every_single_time he runs the ball) but his absolute commitment to that line, with the threat of Tommy looping around or staying inside or the long pass to Garrick as yet another option keeps defensive units guessing until the pass is thrown: and by then it’s often too late to react effectively.

It takes insane bravery to run that line in the full knowledge that 9 out of 10 times you’re going to get hammered, but every time you do this it creates doubt in the defence that inevitably leads to bad reads and points leaking.

He’s a tough lad with a HUGE heart and personifies what Manly are, in many ways!
Great post and exactly why he us a team favourite and has the upmost respect from our entire squad
Champion off the field also

Hopefully Suli is hungry after not being a starter for most of the year.
We all hope Suli plays hungry as well
A hungry Suli is capable of breaking the line and eating up plenty metres
He is also capable of hitting players and breaking them in half with his big frame
An in form Suli is a Knock out player .
Bring on the raiders .
On Parker , He has had a few sickening concussions and maybe he should modify the way he runs at the defence as he seems to have a tendency to slip down into tackles .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8