Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sums it up perfectly. Just a shame he doesn’t have speed. Imagine putting his guts and determination into a Schuster or Tuilagi. They’d be devastating.

I hope we keep him, and use him in the role Harper played this year - capable backup.
I'm happy having Park's in the centres, does the tough carry's/hit ups makes those last ditch tackles the team needs when the oppositions attack's on fire. A highly thought of player amongst the team, yeah, he'll do me.

I think Parker could contribute a lot in the forwards. Hopefully, he gets a run there during the trials

If he's clearly the worst player in a starting 13 then it's not the worst situation in the world.

Guys like Paul Momorovski have been starting centers on Grand final winners.

But Manly doesn't have the overall talent to carry a guy like Parker and be successful.

Read somewhere that Seibs is considering him in the back row. Been pushing that for years. I think he'd make a good back rower, great defense, quite mobile, tough as teak and knows how to run onto a ball. Tries very hard but too slow for centre. He's actually bigger than Menzies and Watmough were.

He's one of the few I reckon could make the transition into the back row. But you'd have to think he'd still need a bit of time. I recall his Big brother went alright in the forwards, but did Brad ever play forwards in juniors? I can only seem to recall him in the backs.

Parker tries hard & I applaud him for his effort. BUT he's far too slow & clumbsy.
Seibs - please don't try him in the forwards, he wouldn't last five minutes.

It astounds me that people will come out and bag Parks while going in to bat for Slipper or Weekes. I think some people need to get an education on what comprises successful teams… it ain’t just glitz and glam. In fact, those workers playing a role in the background make it possible for the stars to shine.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that Seibs is considering him in the back row. Been pushing that for years. I think he'd make a good back rower, great defense, quite mobile, tough as teak and knows how to run onto a ball. Tries very hard but too slow for centre. He's actually bigger than Menzies and Watmough were.
I think he would make a decent backrower but burbo is pretty much the same but slightly better in every aspect bar maybe defensive reads.

It astounds me that people will come out and bag Parks while going in to bat for Slipper or Weekes. I think some people need to get an education on what comprises successful teams… it ain’t just glitz and glam. In fact, those workers playing a role in the background make it possible for the stars to shine.
They were doing the same thing when players like Luke Williamson and Jason King were running around.

I agree and I think now would be a perfect time to transition Brad across to the back row. I think he would excel in that position and would certainly boost our thin backrow options. Fact is we now have a number of very good options to consider in our backline and I am not sure Brad is one of them. And at 26 years of age, he could continue in that position for quite a few more years. Would be a great move imo.

I like Brad. Great clubman. But I think it's time to turn the page. I use to like Paul Stephenson as well, and I often compare the two given both players and the clubs situation at the minute. Both are serviceable but we really took that extra step when we let Paul go, and I think in brads case the money can be spent better elsewhere. Brad has hit his ceiling well and truly, and if there's talk about transitioning him in to the backrow, well I hope it's nonsense. Because in all respect to him he ain't no backrower. And we're just pissing what limited cap we have left up the wall if we do that. And its all more than likely being done in the name of being a local junior? I find that a little absurd and ironic given some of the juniors we've let go playing at other NRL clubs that again in all due respect, have had twice the career thus far

I like Brad. Great clubman. But I think it's time to turn the page. I use to like Paul Stephenson as well, and I often compare the two given both players and the clubs situation at the minute. Both are serviceable but we really took that extra step when we let Paul go, and I think in brads case the money can be spent better elsewhere. Brad has hit his ceiling well and truly, and if there's talk about transitioning him in to the backrow, well I hope it's nonsense. Because in all respect to him he ain't no backrower. And we're just pissing what limited cap we have left up the wall if we do that. And its all more than likely being done in the name of being a local junior? I find that a little absurd and ironic given some of the juniors we've let go playing at other NRL clubs that again in all due respect, have had twice the career thus far
Yep.

Since when did a mediocre centre turn into a good backrower?

He would make no inroads on the attack in the forwards, and he would be only okay on defence.

We all spitball ideas on here but Parker suddenly becoming a better player in the forwards is one of the craziest.

Again , would not understate Brad 's ability to transition to an edge - back row role
Still is maintaining a fairly solid and reliable defensive input , still able to run those hard , straight type. lines as a centre
Not a general factor to influence his going there but at an edge instead of centre , would not be required to take those heavy runs into the ruck and with his general running style ,
Could be quite a hand full again , just taking on the line as an edge back rower and not as demanding a defensive line to contend with .
Sure that the ideal or most preferred outcome would be with Haumole and Shu firing as i st start back rowers for next season . [ realize that there is also some suggestion for Shu to 13 but that is another matter ] Burbo and possibly Taulagi [ if he stays ] as most likely back up edge players .
so not sure where that would leave Brad then in regard to back row opportunities .
Probably not that much different to the emerging centre situation so will just have to wait and see no doubt

Good Morning feathered friend @KNUCKLES
Your Key word to your Parker post is to Compare
and the the yardstick to compare all our Manly players is our Legendary clubs premiership winning Benchmark player high standards and compared to our Dynamic match winning centres the Pedestrian and Predictable Parker is underclass and very underwhelming .

As far as the idea of having both Parker and Woods in our Manly pack
It would be like having two boxers in the ring with glass jaws
Nothing Personal Just my honest point of view

Yep.

Since when did a mediocre centre turn into a good backrower?

He would make no inroads on the attack in the forwards, and he would be only okay on defence.

We all spitball ideas on here but Parker suddenly becoming a better player in the forwards is one of the craziest.
Who said he was a mediocre centre.

It might be considered vaguely controversial, but not everyone thought Steve Knight was a great centre. He certainly didn’t use his size and speed as effectively as Mark Harris, of similar vintage.

And yet ‘Tarzan’ Knight turned into a pretty good second rower in his last season - 1979.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8