Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Therein lies the problem LC. 'Its a fact'. Based on whose opinion? Why does Olokau'atu play wide then. He scores several of his tries out near the centres, and he's obviously trained that way to use DCE's kicking and the 5/8s getting the ball out to him. Schuster as a second rower usually played outside Foran in attack in 2021. He might play closer in defense, but in attack he ranges wide often. Menzies did the same thing. And again you are expressing an opinion. There are no absolutes my friend, only perspectives and everyone of us has a different one.
Because Olakau’atu plays second row, not lock.

There are absolutes, you’re just choosing to ignore them.

Lock is not 2nd row in the modern game. Locks play in the middle of the field.

Burbo seems to me to be improving each opportunity he receives. I'd like to see him play most of a game and see what he offers. Centre or back rower, he seems to improve in both roles as he gets experience. I like that, like his brothers, he puts in, works hard.
I think Brbo has a bit of both his brothers skill sets..he hasn’t had the chance to grow his game so I would like to see what he can offer over the next yr or 2

In not sure what point bearfax is trying to make?
It’s just a misinterpretation. He suggested Parker move to Lock and I replied with my opinion on why that wouldn’t be a good idea…I’m learning now that he probably meant 2nd row, not the modern lock forward who plays as an extra prop and/or ball playing option in the middle.

He is of the belief that lock is still essentially an edge forward; like they once were many years ago.

As what has happened to Harper, it will happen with Parker. Once a better option is found, Parker will become backup, as what has happened to Harper. Will they get new contracts? The Club has knee jerked in extending Tuilopotu as an example, Keppie another, some will say, maybe DCE as well.
We will never know how good Burbo will be whilst he is a bench player as @Bearfax & @Darknstormy have stated above.
I think Harper should be let go at season end in an effort for the Club to get a better centre, not saying Talua is the answer but he must be Harper's replacement although I certainly hope Myers steps up and knocks them all into Reserve Grade. So in short, Parker should really be our "feel good" back up centre for next year.

Parker was being considered as a backrow option , admittedly only briefly about 6 years ago or so . No reason why he could not still adapt there but also quite unlikely , probably would have the same level or thereabouts of Burbo. Not a lot of current depth once it gets past Haumole and Tuilagi , always Bullemor but he is going well as a prop sub . Samual Fainu not that far off and all would be ahead of Parker but not so much Burbo with his previous background there . Just could not see Parker as a 13 , only recently has seemed to develop a better running hit up style that may suit an edge forward role , the 13 role as a link role and ruck passing would hardly be a natural fit for him . Excellent club man , not sure of the future plans for a partner for koula and Fetcher Myers and Wil Talu vying soon though . Good player to retain if it is manageable .

As what has happened to Harper, it will happen with Parker. Once a better option is found, Parker will become backup, as what has happened to Harper. Will they get new contracts? The Club has knee jerked in extending Tuilopotu as an example, Keppie another, some will say, maybe DCE as well.
We will never know how good Burbo will be whilst he is a bench player as @Bearfax & @Darknstormy have stated above.
I think Harper should be let go at season end in an effort for the Club to get a better centre, not saying Talua is the answer but he must be Harper's replacement although I certainly hope Myers steps up and knocks them all into Reserve Grade. So in short, Parker should really be our "feel good" back up centre for next year.
Every year Every club is on the look out for quality players to upgrade their playing roster so they can be a more formidable force

The moral of the story ....
When clubs upgrade their playing roster with better quality players
The only way is up , up and away
canvas-prints-american-bald-eagle-flying-away.jpg

Should we also turn Harper into a forward?

Which other slow fringe first graders from our backline can we try in the forwards?

The dead wood needs to be moved on asap. I don't mind if Parker stays as depth. But no way should he be sniffing the first 17 if everyone is fully fit.

Parker was being considered as a backrow option ,
Before we consider Parker as a back rower
We must consider the Benchmark back rowers to compete for the title

These dynamic back rowers are blessed with exceptional speed strength and skill
That can dominate games
Arrow
Liam Martin
Spencer Liu
Riki
Nanai
Kikau
Koloamatangi
Papali
Hudson young
Nikora
Just to name a few

That can dominate games
Arrow
Liam Martin
Spencer Liu
Riki
Nanai
Kikau
Koloamatangi
Papali
Hudson young
Nikora
Just to name a few
Haumole top notch of course , Tuilagi much improved the past couple of games . That 's not the problem , just can 't get any consistency as a composite side and key or high profile players either unavailable or struggling for form

Parker with his limited speed and and skill has acceded all expectations
To play over 100 NRL games is a admirable achievement
He has to be admired for his passion and dedication ,

Having said that and having seeing the quality of backs it took for our legendary club to take the title .Parker is not anywhere near the class of that premiership winning benchmark

The Dynamic Benchmark Premiership Winning centre Micael Oconnor
Brushing of inferior defenders like flies on his way to another Manly try
Michael-OConnor-477x500.jpg

That can dominate games
Arrow
Liam Martin
Spencer Liu
Riki
Nanai
Kikau
Koloamatangi
Papali
Hudson young
Nikora
Just to name a few
Arrow and (I assume you mean) Leniu play in the middle, but point taken...Parker could not hold a candle to any of them.

Should we also turn Harper into a forward?

Which other slow fringe first graders from our backline can we try in the forwards?

The dead wood needs to be moved on asap. I don't mind if Parker stays as depth. But no way should he be sniffing the first 17 if everyone is fully fit.
Harper is rake thin and gets dominated with ball in hand. There's no point trying anything other than getting him off the roster.

Our Benchmark for Premiership winning success
Anything less and we are off the mark !
2011-magnificent-manly-signed-print-scaled-1-1-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10