Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But...would Koula run those crash lines like Parker does?
Those runs help make the space for Turbo and Garrick.
If Koula was coached to do that, I'm sure he would. However, I think there would be a different attacking dynamic with Koula on the left. I'd expect more long range tries resulting from early spreads.

Parker is a solid hard working player who gives his all. We like him because he tries hard week after week. He rarely lets you down but like Foran in his later years, he's not going to impact heavily on a game or win a game through his own skills. He's reliable, a good defender, hits the line hard, but in the centre he's just holding his own.

That's why I was so enthused by Koula. He makes things happen if given enough good ball. I suspect Weekes is similar. What we call X Factor applies to these types of players and they can win you games. Defense can be taught, but these types of skills are innate, cant't be taught. You have it or you don't.

Koula has it, Schuster has it, DCE has it, I suspect Weekes has it, I suspect Olakau'atu has it (he reminds me of a young Beetson) and of course Turbo has it. The rest of the team are there to give these players opportunities to do their stuff or benefit from their brilliance such as the wing men. They make things happen. You need these types on the field in positions that best suit them if you want to bring the side to the next level (that's why I go on about Schuster and now Weekes...their X Factor qualities shine through).

You can cope with a Parker in the centre only if you have X Factor players around him. Having players like Johns and Harper around him I could sense was going to fail before the game started. Parker is solid, hard working but pedestrian and wont make things happen. In my opinion first mistake Seibs has done. Not putting Weekes for that game at 5/8 or centre. Seemed clear as day to me.

Been going quite well this season , sure he has some limitations but the reliability factor is still in his favor . Too early for Fletcher Myers and probably has to show just a bit more to be in contention but maybe not that far off . Weekes , a naturally gifted player off coarse in attack and maybe could push Brad quite soon . In the here and now , Brad would still be expected to keep his spot , still doing enough good things to earn it

Parker’s disallowed try is an interesting one.

Had he been tackled anywhere else on the field, it would have simply been a play the ball.

However, he was tackled short of the tryline & promoted the ball a second time, but was still short , then was pushed onto the tryline by his tacklers.

Had the ref not called it a try & gone to the video ref, it would have been a case of playing the ball there & only on the 3rd tackle (I believe?)

Or just may be, we already have a few too many of those speedsters with X factor.

Those flashy type in attack, they do look like 1.2 million dollars when all goes right for them and the score.

But not many flashy types are known for getting down and dirty and enjoying the gritty grind.

Jake, Frogy, and Scorpio all have their limitations. But the heart and determination they consistently show. The rest of this team currently just don't have.

Unfortunately for Parks he's Rocks or Diamonds.. but in reality he's more Rocks or hmmmm Maybe Marble, even at his very best his nowhere near a Diamond.. love the guy because he's really one of us but seriously .........

Parker’s disallowed try is an interesting one.

Had he been tackled anywhere else on the field, it would have simply been a play the ball.

However, he was tackled short of the tryline & promoted the ball a second time, but was still short , then was pushed onto the tryline by his tacklers.

Had the ref not called it a try & gone to the video ref, it would have been a case of playing the ball there & only on the 3rd tackle (I believe?)
That’s true, but the try line and sidelines have a special status, separate to the rest of the field.

Or just may be, we already have a few too many of those speedsters with X factor.

Those flashy type in attack, they do look like 1.2 million dollars when all goes right for them and the score.

But not many flashy types are known for getting down and dirty and enjoying the gritty grind.

Jake, Frogy, and Scorpio all have their limitations. But the heart and determination they consistently show. The rest of this team currently just don't have.
Froggy had 9 missed tackles. Parker missed 5. Got done twice again for tries ( as last week with Cody Walker). Sometimes effort isnt enough. I like them but i think they are squad players. Gordy and Weekes are ready made replacements. Or at the very least Saab and Koula return.. would like to see Garrick to centre.

Froggy had 9 missed tackles. Parker missed 5. Got done twice again for tries ( as last week with Cody Walker). Sometimes effort isnt enough. I like them but i think they are squad players. Gordy and Weekes are ready made replacements. Or at the very least Saab and Koula return.. would like to see Garrick to centre.
How many total tackles did Croker make?

Thing is in this game we didnt have those players. Schuster out, Koula out, Weekes not introduced until the 60th minute, makes a break, scores a try, then taken off less than ten minutes later, Turbo playing conservatively. Maybe if we did have them on the field it could have been a much more favourable result.

All heart , but unlike his opponent yesterday ( Best ) when he got the ball he didn’t look unstoppable or dangerous.

A great defender , and gives 110% but he’s well down the pecking order when it comes to top centres.

In my opinion.

Parker is a solid hard working player who gives his all. We like him because he tries hard week after week. He rarely lets you down but like Foran in his later years, he's not going to impact heavily on a game or win a game through his own skills. He's reliable, a good defender, hits the line hard, but in the centre he's just holding his own.

That's why I was so enthused by Koula. He makes things happen if given enough good ball. I suspect Weekes is similar. What we call X Factor applies to these types of players and they can win you games. Defense can be taught, but these types of skills are innate, cant't be taught. You have it or you don't.

Koula has it, Schuster has it, DCE has it, I suspect Weekes has it, I suspect Olakau'atu has it (he reminds me of a young Beetson) and of course Turbo has it. The rest of the team are there to give these players opportunities to do their stuff or benefit from their brilliance such as the wing men. They make things happen. You need these types on the field in positions that best suit them if you want to bring the side to the next level (that's why I go on about Schuster and now Weekes...their X Factor qualities shine through).

You can cope with a Parker in the centre only if you have X Factor players around him. Having players like Johns and Harper around him I could sense was going to fail before the game started. Parker is solid, hard working but pedestrian and wont make things happen. In my opinion first mistake Seibs has done. Not putting Weekes for that game at 5/8 or centre. Seemed clear as day to me.
Yeah Parker is good value (especially because his job isnt neccessarily to dominate)

But with Seibold the other blatant mistake was moving jake to prop but playing him for 80-90 minutes at prop. The whole point of ever shifting him was to give him some breaks. Jake does his best but this is just disguising his old role in a worse way. It’s also going to wear him out even more with an expectation for more hitups.

The last few weeks he’s played 90 mins, 82 mins, 80 mins and 80 mins all @ prop

Is that unheard of? Seems stupid imo

Last edited by a moderator:
How many total tackles did Croker make?
36... with a tackle efficiency of 76%.... Lawton against the bunnies made 43 tackles with 96%.

Kelma and Haumole made 32 with 88%. Jake 49 with 96%. Incredible from Jake.

So Croker in for his defence but it was poor. Not sure if he's carrying an injury still but if he is he should sit it out.

Parker was super in the first 15m in, running through Gagai with powerful charges.
Unfortunately Gagai got his own back when it counted.
Parker is a good technical tackler with anyone who runs straight, but add some footwork and he struggles
Still giving his all and playing ok, nothing more - nothing less

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4