Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In post 217 on this thread I have been misquoted. It’s clearly not my post. I have never mentioned Harper in this thread but yet my name is attached to someone else’s post. Why?

The Storms first try looked so surreal, just to easy. Parker rushed up then just kinda stopped in no mans land realizing the damage had just been done, the look on his face said it all. But made up for this with a great defensive display.

The Storms first try looked so surreal, just to easy. Parker rushed up then just kinda stopped in no mans land realizing the damage had just been done, the look on his face said it all. But made up for this with a great defensive display.
I think he’s struggling a bit on that edge with confidence of other players. Johns, Tuilagi, Weekes last week. We get Schu, Parker and Tuilagi tgere consistently and they’ll strengthen.

He reminds me of Jack Reed. Played 128 games in 6 years at Broncos at center including a grand final. Nothing flash, fans were critical, just a solid average red head center.

You are so self-deluded my feathered friend. You go on harping about new age memes for success, but fail to apply them across the board. Our superstars are absent or so far off the pace that pointing a finger at the blue collar workers doing their best smacks of arrogance and/or ignorance.
Hello Feathered friend and I hope you are having a happy day

I harp about the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs high standards that won Premierships and put us on the Map as the Premier club

We all have a different perspective of standards t
and My Arrogant and Ignorant perspective of High standards is this

LOWER OUR LEGENDARY CLUBS GREAT STANDARDS AND WE STAND FOR NOTHING GREAT

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Hello Feathered friend and I hope you are having a happy day

I harp about the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs high standards that won Premierships and put us on the Map as the Premier club

We all have a different perspective of standards t
and My Arrogant and Ignorant perspective of High standards is this

LOWER OUR LEGENDARY CLUBS GREAT STANDARDS AND WE STAND FOR NOTHING GREAT

View attachment 23620
Benchmarks are great, but when you only judge certain players by them, then they are nothing more than a personal agenda. If you are not prepared to hold Turbo, DCE, the super-paced Weekes, etc… by those same standards, then you lose credibility. Parks has been playing close to his potential and more consistently than those superstars mentioned above… DCE perhaps the exception, but close. Given that with the contemporary salary cap, we need a mix of low cost workers alongside the stars, Parks is more than holding up his end.

For a self-proclaimed “wog” who grew up facing similar challenges around marginalisation and fighting for acceptance/recognition, I would have expected more empathy from you for the likes of Parker…

Last edited:
. Parks has been playing close to his potential and more consistently than those superstars mentioned above… d.

For a self-proclaimed “wog” who grew up facing similar challenges around marginalisation and fighting for acceptance/recognition, I would have expected more empathy from you for the likes of Parker…
By your Benchmark standards that Parks has been playing more consistently than our Super Star players he should be a walk into the Rep team this year .

For a self proclaimed Wog that lived in the Blue collar bottom of the table Newtown Jets area that faced marginalisation and extinction I opted for the Classy Premiership Winning Silvertails
As I had and have no Empathy for Mediocrity and I am proud to say I am with Illustrious company

Our Legendary Godfather and most successful premiership winning administer also had no empathy for Mediocrity as he regularly and without any sense of empathy replaced ordinary players with extra ordinary players in our quest to become the Number one club under his watch
Further more the Godfather singed quite a few Manly Premiership Winning Wogs so this self Proclaimed Wog that you are talking about always felt at Home at Manly

The moral of the story
Professional Sport is a cut-throat and competitive results driven business where empathy is a sign of weakness and a catastrophic disaster to any sports code

Last edited:
By your Benchmark standards that Parks has been playing more consistently than our Super Star players he should be a walk into the Rep team this year .

Rep teams are not constrained by a salary cap... big difference that makes blue collar low cost players irrelevant in that conversation.

For a self proclaimed Wog that lived in the Blue collar bottom of the table Newtown Jets area that faced marginalisation and extinction I opted for the Classy Premiership Winning Silvertails
As I had and have no Empathy for Mediocrity and I am proud to say I am with Illustrious company

I think of mediocrity as settling for lower standards than are possible. Parks is the furthest thing from mediocrity. He pushes himself to his potential more often and more effectively than most. When a player is capable of a certain level, but settles for well below that level, that is what I consider mediocrity. Anyway, we are talking semantics here and you and I may just look at "mediocrity" differently. All good.

Our Legendary Godfather and most successful premiership winning administer also had no empathy for Mediocrity as he regularly and without any sense of empathy replaced ordinary players with extra ordinary players in our quest to become the Number one club under his watch
Further more the Godfather singed quite a few Manly Premiership Winning Wogs so this self Proclaimed Wog that you are talking about always felt at Home at Manly

Was Ken working with a salary cap, or could he pull out a hefty check book and sign up just about whoever he wanted? Even the Chooks and their sombrero don't enjoy that level of unfettered freedom for signing players... ergo, see my first point above.

The moral of the story
Professional Sport is a cut-throat and competitive results driven business where empathy is a sign of weakness and a catastrophic disaster to any sports code

I think you will find empathy is indeed an important value within a successful team.

Last edited:
Rep teams are not constrained by a salary cap... big difference that makes blue collar low cost players irrelevant in that conversation.

I think of mediocrity as settling for lower standards than are possible. Parks is the furthest thing from mediocrity. He pushes himself to his potential more often and more effectively than most. When a player is capable of a certain level, but settles for well below that level, that is what I consider mediocrity. Anyway, we are talking semantics here and you and I may just look at "mediocrity" differently. All good.

Was Ken working with a salary cap, or could he pull out a hefty check book and sign up just about whoever he wanted? Even the Chooks and their sombrero don't enjoy that level of unfettered freedom for signing players... ergo, see my first point above.

I think you will fine empathy is indeed an important value within a successful team.

In my simple life .. I have found that the best measure of a footballers worth ... is how he is regarded by his team mates .. in this metric ... Parker is 8 feet tall and faster than a speeding bullet.

I think you will find empathy is indeed an important value within a successful team.
The fact is
Successful Premiership winning teams evolve not by empathy but by shrewd recruiters that have no empathy for mediocre players and replace them with more Dynamic players

Aggression , Intimidation ,Resilience , Speed , Skill , and Brut Power play , Trumps empathy on game day very day of the week

Have Nice day feathered friend

b09a8bcb0790961d39a3ff24014d8b1d--the-round-the-eagles.jpg

The fact is
Successful Premiership winning teams evolve not by empathy but by shrewd recruiters that have no empathy for mediocre players and replace them with more Dynamic players

Aggression , Intimidation ,Resilience , Speed , Skill , and Brut Power play , Trumps empathy on game day very day of the week

Have Nice day feathered friend

b09a8bcb0790961d39a3ff24014d8b1d--the-round-the-eagles.jpg
I think change is on the way Bozo. I don't believe neither Harper nor Parker will be here next season

No surprise if Harper is not here next year however I would be surprised if Parker isn’t. Very tight with the turbos and popular with his teammates. Wouldn’t be in on big coin and you need depth players.
This is my view feathered friend and solutions to your concerns

Popularity loses its appeal when clubs keep failing to deliver premiership trophies
No young rookies are on big coin like Vaega or Myers

This is our upgrade to a more dynamic back line
1.Tom
2.Saab
3.Koula
4.Garrick
5.Vaega

Parker is a Manly junior too. I think he would only leave if another club was desperate enough to throw big money at him, but I can't think of a club whose centre stocks are so poor that Parker would be an obvious upgrade.

No surprise if Harper is not here next year however I would be surprised if Parker isn’t. Very tight with the turbos and popular with his teammates. Wouldn’t be in on big coin and you need depth players.
Yep - I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker still here next year, he takes less coin than you'd imagine because he loves the club. He's depth when everyone is fit.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8