Parker and Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This 100 % effort perspective

Any one can give 100% effort

Just because a player gives 100% it does not mean he contributes to the team 100 %

Parker is a liability in attack

Also defensively skilled fast players step around and burn him off

At the moment he is holding his own

If we want to be a premiership team again we need players to not only hold their own

We want players to make it their own
Parker and Garrick got very lucky with the NZ bombed try at the beginning of the second half. Parker got burnt on that play.

Parker and Garrick got very lucky with the NZ bombed try at the beginning of the second half. Parker got burnt on that play.
Lets get this thread straight....

This thread is not about a personal attack on players

This thread is about our passion and desire for our team to have dominant players so we can become a more dominant force once again

When the defence is tight and he has defensive players around him Parkers one on one defence is good for most of the time as I have seen players run over him as well .
In the open play against fast players Parker is seen clutching at straws because he has serious speed deficiency . At the end of the day we can not tackle players we cannot catch .

Garrick has the speed to be a good finisher but at the moment he is lacking confidence to back him self .

Rueben garrick is not tall, fast or strong and the goal kicking has been suspect recently. Brad Parker is a brave player and as much as I love him doesn't offer enough in attack. I'd love to see walker replace Parker and the young Christian Tuipolitu get a run in place of Rueben. I think that partnership dynamic will be very similar to harper/ saab which has been amazing recently. Walker played centre for Australia and him playing in any other position hinders him and the team. I think if we do this (which we won't sigh) and fainu is found innocent and is even 70 percent of the player he was before the incident, I think were a top four team.
It wouldn't be long before our left side became the focus of most sides attacking raids, Parker may not be the greatest in attack although his tough runs when working us out of trouble can't be dismissed but his defence would win us more games than Walker's attack IMO

It wouldn't be long before our left side became the focus of most sides attacking raids, Parker may not be the greatest in attack although his tough runs when working us out of trouble can't be dismissed but his defence would win us more games than Walker's attack IMO
I respect that we all have different views and Standards feathered friend @eagleron

This is Parkers defence in perspective

There are many clips like this in our long losing streak where Parker made no difference in both defence and attack in his comfort Zone centre spot

I respect that we all have different views and Standards feathered friend @eagleron

This is Parkers defence in perspective

There are many clips like this in our long losing streak where Parker made no difference in both defence and attack in his comfort Zone centre spot

I think his defence has strengthened since the start of the season, in that game in particular the entire side was pathetic in defence, I know Walker is a superior attacking player but he's an absolute turnstile in defence, while we're winning I wouldn't consider changing our line-up, it's up to the coach to tweak any minor problems that exist imo

I think his defence has strengthened since the start of the season, in that game in particular the entire side was pathetic in defence, I know Walker is a superior attacking player but he's an absolute turnstile in defence, while we're winning I wouldn't consider changing our line-up, it's up to the coach to tweak any minor problems that exist imo
Walker is an absolute turnstile at centre ??

In the open market which player would command a bigger contract

A fit and firing Walker or a Fit and firing Parker ?

Parker's defence has been great. But I agree, he is slow. Wish he could spend some time with sprint coach Roger Fabri, he has trained a fair few NRL players including Saab!
All players do sprint training in the off season

All players get faster .
But
Superior speed is a DNA thing

Tuipolitu isn't ready for first grade yet. I feel he will be 2022 project. Maybe a couple games later in the season due to injuries. So if Garrick is dropped it may be Jorge will get a recall if he is up to it.
Walker will probably take Parker s spot and i will have mixed feelings about this up until he runs 60 metres for a try in his first game back.
Jorge?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Parkers D stats over the last few years
Scorpio.PNG

Walker is an absolute turnstile at centre ??

In the open market which player would command a bigger contract

A fit and firing Walker or a Fit and firing Parker ?
Well I don't know Bozo, I don't think Walker's done his worth much over the past few years with his misdemeanours and injuries and when he has played he's hardly set the world alight, at least Parker gives his best and plays with passion, this is just my humble opinion my friend

Well I don't know Bozo, I don't think Walker's done his worth much over the past few years with his misdemeanours and injuries and when he has played he's hardly set the world alight, at least Parker gives his best and plays with passion, this is just my humble opinion my friend
I respect your humble opinion and your great nature and passionate views

My perspective is

Whilst I admire Parker giving his best 100% . His 100% effort does not make 100% contribution on the field

I cannot remember the last time he made a line break
A try assist
A try

He is slow and does not posses the skill in footwork to be a deceptive runner

He is a predictable runner that runs with 100% intensity but makes 0% line breaks

At the moment his defence is holding his own
But if we are to be a dominant team we need players that have the ability to make it there own Because as we saw against a quality team like the Panthers that contained Tom . We need to be more than a one man team . We need to competitive in every position across the park .

The moral of the story
A centre without a Try is like a pub with no Beer

Take it away Slim ....

Still hope to see Walker get the opportunity to play some good footy this season [ although the outcome or situation with his pending court case may have bearing on that as well ] Also have to take into account that he has played very little game time as a centre the past 3 seasons or so but still reckon that he was a more then capable 6 and when uninjured during that time . Certainly would never under valuate Brad "s contribution but just for the best available side , would have to put [ and fully fit and firing ] both Suli and Walker ahead of him

I respect your humble opinion and your great nature and passionate views

My perspective is

Whilst I admire Parker giving his best 100% . His 100% effort does not make 100% contribution on the field

I cannot remember the last time he made a line break
A try assist
A try

He is slow and does not posses the skill in footwork to be a deceptive runner

He is a predictable runner that runs with 100% intensity but makes 0% line breaks

At the moment his defence is holding his own
But if we are to be a dominant team we need players that have the ability to make it there own Because as we saw against a quality team like the Panthers that contained Tom . We need to be more than a one man team . We need to competitive in every position across the park .

The moral of the story
A centre without a Try is like a pub with no Beer

Take it away Slim ....

I think the problem is we are judging Parker as a starting centre. He is not a starting centre and should really only be a 4th string centre in our squad. The problem is between Walker and Sulis injuries behaviour and form we have seen Parker play way more games than he should have and now he has played so often its kinda hard to drop him.
As a back up centre that plays 10 games a year he is quality and paid accordingly. We need our best players on the field AND in form. If this happens then Parker will take his back seat and become the "back up" player he is meant to be.

I think the problem is we are judging Parker as a starting centre. He is not a starting centre and should really only be a 4th string centre in our squad. The problem is between Walker and Sulis injuries behaviour and form we have seen Parker play way more games than he should have and now he has played so often its kinda hard to drop him.
As a back up centre that plays 10 games a year he is quality and paid accordingly. We need our best players on the field AND in form. If this happens then Parker will take his back seat and become the "back up" player he is meant to be.
That is really putting things in perspective . Great post

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4