Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Hgbcds

Reserve Grader
just watched Leeds and Matt parcell got man of the match. It's only the Esl but he played well great passer of the ball and defence was right up there. Another thought what about bringing cuthburtson back?

Another thought what about bringing cuthburtson back?

I think we have enough wingers at the moment.

Good to see Matty doing well in ESL, but let's face it, it's a few notches down from the NRL. He had a chance to show his running game here and it never really got off the ground, not sure if that was coaches instructions or not but he wasn't lighting it up each week for us. Still I'd rather have him here than current options.

Good to see Matty doing well in ESL, but let's face it, it's a few notches down from the NRL. He had a chance to show his running game here and it never really got off the ground, not sure if that was coaches instructions or not but he wasn't lighting it up each week for us. Still I'd rather have him here than current options.
He did say in the post game interview that the nrl is more structured and the esl being more open suits his game

Let's sign parcel. Sounds better than the hooker we have now
It reminds me of the news that the state government are looking to buy back (former road corridor) land for the Beaches Link, which the Tunneally govt. sold off during their last days in office.

sounds like a a he who must be Obeeyd type deal .... sell off cheap to a family company and sell back to gov at inflated price ....

Agree with Chip and Chase that Parcell never looked convincing in his short time here. That said, his short time was REALLY short and he didn't get much of a chance, which makes the decision to let him go just as baffling now as it was then.
For whatever reason, I think the club (I'd say Barrett, but I don't think he's ever been allowed to make his own decisions) has decided that Api is our hooker and that's that. He's regularly used in team promos and promoted as one of the "stars" of our team.

I thought every time Parcell was on the field last year we looked 100x better in attack compared to when Api was playing hooker.

We let the wrong hooker go, but I have a feeling it's because nobody wanted Api. The rest is just a smoke screen.

My theory is that Stewart and Matai not retiring has completely screwed our cap for this year and that's why Parcell and Buhrer were let go - the only players we could shed that other teams actually wanted.

I'd much rather still have Parcell, Buhrer, and Gutherson, and never have signed Sironen, Winterstein, Koriosau and Walker.

Last edited:
PARCELL FLYING

Segeyaro who?

Leeds’ replacement for James Segeyaro, Matt Parcell, is absolutely killing it at his new club.

The former Manly hooker was the most influential player for the Rhinos in their 38-14 win over Wakefield.

Rhinos coach Brian McDermott has been absolutely rapped with Parcell since he joined the club.

“My man of the match would be Matt Parcell — I thought he was outstanding,” he said.

“While he’s not making breaks or creating many line breaks, he holds the ruck accountable and gives Danny McGuire, Adam Cuthberton and Joel Moon a bit of breathing space.”

Parcell has made such an impact that he’s right up among the favourites to win the Super League Man of Steel award for the competition’s player of the year.

https://www.silvertails.net/threads/parcell.51464/

I know the ESL isn't a great guide but I think we should have kept him.

Did we let the Man of Steel go? We had another Man of Steel retire recently.

Maybe.....

With a year of two in the esl honing his craft, he'll get the chance to return home and 'kill' it.

I wish him all the best.

(Unless he returns for Parra, storm, broncs, dogs, cowboys, rooster, knights....etc) :p

PARCELL FLYING

Segeyaro who?

Leeds’ replacement for James Segeyaro, Matt Parcell, is absolutely killing it at his new club.

The former Manly hooker was the most influential player for the Rhinos in their 38-14 win over Wakefield.

Rhinos coach Brian McDermott has been absolutely rapped with Parcell since he joined the club.

“My man of the match would be Matt Parcell — I thought he was outstanding,” he said.

“While he’s not making breaks or creating many line breaks, he holds the ruck accountable and gives Danny McGuire, Adam Cuthberton and Joel Moon a bit of breathing space.”

Parcell has made such an impact that he’s right up among the favourites to win the Super League Man of Steel award for the competition’s player of the year.

https://www.silvertails.net/threads/parcell.51464/

I know the ESL isn't a great guide but I think we should have kept him.

Did we let the Man of Steel go? We had another Man of Steel retire recently.
Parcell who ???
I don't live in the past , I focus on the present and at present we have Api who was man of the match in our great win against the Cowgirls . Api was inspirational in the toughest comp in the world the NRL.
Making a player a champion who performs well in a 3rd division English pub comp is ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous
Cheers
drinkers.jpg

Parcell who ???
I don't live in the past , I focus on the present and at present we have Api who was man of the match in our great win against the Cowgirls . Api was inspirational in the toughest comp in the world the NRL.
Making a player a champion who performs well in a 3rd division English pub comp is ridiculous , absolutely ridiculous
Cheers
View attachment 5090
To be fair that pub comp beat the Australian teams in the world club challenge

To be fair that pub comp beat the Australian teams in the world club challenge
To be fair I would like the pub sides play us not after we have our Xmas puddings but in the midst of our comp when we are staring to peak
and we will never see pub teams beat us again

I thought every time Parcell was on the field last year we looked 100x better in attack compared to when Api was playing hooker.

We let the wrong hooker go, but I have a feeling it's because nobody wanted Api. The rest is just a smoke screen.

My theory is that Stewart and Matai not retiring has completely screwed our cap for this year and that's why Parcell and Buhrer were let go - the only players we could shed that other teams actually wanted.

I'd much rather still have Parcell, Buhrer, and Gutherson, and never have signed Sironen, Winterstein, Koriosau and Walker.
Totally agree eaglebuzz, when Parcel came on he definitely had a lot of energy and got things rolling quicker.
Still don't understand why we let him go but when Zoolander is still playing brown then it all makes sense

Last edited:
Retirement Village for old Aussie players
Don't play in NSW cup . Go for a paid holiday and play in the English super league
Discover your youth again as your never too old to match it with the boys in the ........
imagesGGS4Q2TN.jpg

is Adam Cuthberton and relation to Cuthbertson or Cuthburtson.
I think he's related to Gutherson

Koroisau>Parcell

Better defence
Better agreession
Better toughness
Better ball playing and kicking
Almost as fast
More zip

Although what confuses me is Barrett wanted a non runner with good passing. Api is the opposite, loves to run, loves to play aggressive. Just confuses unless it was a lie.

Koroisau>Parcell

Better defence
Better agreession
Better toughness
Better ball playing and kicking
Almost as fast
More zip

Although what confuses me is Barrett wanted a non runner with good passing. Api is the opposite, loves to run, loves to play aggressive. Just confuses unless it was a lie.
better-1.png

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8