Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone remember the last time Manly won at Penrith? I can't!
Penrith v Manly [Round 16, 2018]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 30th June 2018

Venue:
.... Panthers Stadium, Penrith, NSW.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Penrith Panthers v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 3:00pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Panthers: 10
Manly: 18

36355607_10156282554680993_1748507836473671680_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

36371664_10156282626040993_64308450833727488_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

We all expect an absolute thrashing , and that’s a reasonable bet if you are into Sportsbet or Ladbrokes BUT we could surprise.

No great pressure , expected to lose in a big way , who knows !!!

Lawton did such a good job defensively against Souths. I think we need to start him. We need more tacklers in the starting side. Aloiai is better off the bench. Prefer we move Lawton to 13 as he has a better passing game as well.

If Croker is out.. give young Gordy another run out and Weekes to centre for Harper. Vaega for Tippytoes. That right edge was awful. So was the left but Parker and Garrick have runs on the board....

I think put yesterday down to a bad day/aftermath of the gruelling souffs game & disrupt positions as little as possible.

Hopefully Croker is good to play & Schu is back so only need to replace the injured Koula & Tuipulotu - I like Harper but I think his already low confidence will be even lower after yesterday, the poor bloke’s on a hiding to nothing.

The only positional change I’d look at making is Turbo to centre & Weekes to fullback, because Turbo’s obviously (& understandably) coming back from his injury with caution but is still extremely valuable to us with his ball playing.

Saturday 30th June 2018

Venue:
.... Panthers Stadium, Penrith, NSW.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Penrith Panthers v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: 3:00pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Panthers: 10
Manly: 18
Thanks Jethro I forgot about that one!

It's interesting how many posters are spruiking doom and gloom over this match. I reckon Manly will be pumped up and primed to go, they'll see this as a great chance to test their progress and send the Pennies a warning for later in the year.

Sure they were flat and unconvincing vs Knights but they didn't lose, indeed got into what should have been a winning position. They'll be totally focussed vs Panthers, no doubt at all.

Penrith away is like climbing Mt Everest in a snow storm, ain't going to happen. If we can keep them under a 20pt win and with no further injuries I'll be happy.
Everest was never going to be climbed until Sir Edmund said “ **** that I’m doing it “ .

The issue will be their mental state.

After two incredibly draining and very close games.

Not suggesting we will win , but have a sneaking suspicion it’s not going to be the flogging you all reckon.

Everest was never going to be climbed until Sir Edmund said “ **** that I’m doing it “ .

The issue will be their mental state.

After two incredibly draining and very close games.

Not suggesting we will win , but have a sneaking suspicion it’s not going to be the flogging you all reckon.
Hope you're right Mark, but just have this nightmarish vision of the Riff fwds doubling down right down main street, with Manly bodies strewn all over the field. Well, that's my nightmare, now waiting for a nicer dream to counter this..lol.

Can anyone remember the last time Manly won at Penrith? I can't!
We'll be underdogs so will probably play really well, would be great to pinch an upset win. We could try just basing it on guts and effort, that's worked for teams in the past (!)
Lawton in for Burbo
Ray for Christian
Schu for Johns
Hopefully Crokes and the others are good to play.

RV is not a nrl player !

My team for next week (whilst Turbo keeps playing @ 80%) -
Weekes
Garrick
Turbo
Parker
Big T ( but maybe injured , if not give him a slide rule to measure how far away he is from his opposite winger ! )
Schuster
DCE
Big A
Big K
Big H
Paseka
Croker
Jurbo

Bullemore
Lawman/GKCT ( if graded in Top 30)
Keppie (last chance)/ Woodsy
Sipley / Samuela
Turbo
Garrick
Lawton
Parker
Weekes
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake
Tuilagi
Olakau'tau
Bullemore

GCKT
Fainu/Sipley
Keppie
Aloiai

If he gets upgraded into the thirty, he can play immediately. We have a spot available in the thirty after the two transfers out last week @Mark from Brisbane
That’s a good question and after releasing 2 players I’d love to know who’s been upgraded. Must must be Gordy, clear as day what a decent hooker does for a team. Brailey dominated the ruck and dictated play for the knights.

The Panthers are one of the most disciplined teams of the last decade.

They play very low risk football.

It's the old adage. You know exactly what they're going to do. Stopping it is a whole different story.

Sadly, we're just too brittle defensively to keep a side like that at bay. It'll death by a thousand paper cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4