Panther fans mock viking clap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Is mocking the clap disrespectful?

• Yes .. very naughty and rude

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No .. bugger the silly clappers

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
It was punching down. I cannot abide punching down.

Riff fans complete dumb ****s I went to game manly played v riff at Bathurst last year comment like hit the ****en dog or when Tom ran tear his hamstring. They are the dumbest of dumb Riff fans

Is this Rugby League or Mardi Gras, a few words or claps and people are getting butt hurt!
Raiders just need to put it in the memory bank and use it in the return match. Or just get better, they are fairly crap.

It wasn't that long ago the Panthers were crap and struggled to make the 8. The panthers current success has made some of those bogans very cocky and will quickly start to become one of NRL's hated teams.

It wasn't that long ago the Panthers were crap and struggled to make the 8. The panthers current success has made some of those bogans very cocky and will quickly start to become one of NRL's hated teams.
I think that’s already happened.

We are still hated by most but the funny thing is ( I always ask) when they say that I say “ and why is that the case “ , most splutter , spurt , blubber and say “ dunno doesn’t everyone “!!

I don't mind the viking clap - something different.

I'd like to Mock the Panthers. They are honestly the most boring team in the NRL. I always dread seeing them on the schedule when I look at games for the day. I'd rather watch Barretts bulldogs.

This thing of picking up players doing hitups and dragging them back 5-10 metres might be effective, but it's not rugby league. You may as well call it Judo. In attack Cleary is an absolute snore to watch with his boring kicks, and Leuai goes missing until the last 10 minutes of halves.

I acknowledge they are the fittest team in the NRL, and only Melbourne are anywhere near them but his dragging players back crap really has to stopped It is spoiling the spectacle. Rugby league is supposed to be a collision game.

NYEagle

Of course, but win lose draw or bumkiss ... Is the clap sacrosanct .. or open to mock ?? Is still the question.

Didn't the 'clap' actually start with a Scottish soccer (football) team's supporters?

I don't think it is 'sacrosanct'for the raiders and I think it would be silly for anyone (raiders) to suggest it is and therefore it has to be revered like a "Haka" or similar.

Many teams around the world do it (the clap, not the Haka) - even saw it at an 'ice' hockey game recently. So in that respect, the raiders can go and... I dunno jump.

Whilst I wouldn't do it mockingly at a Raiders game (it's a tad classless), I don't care that a collection of tipsy bogans did it either. Ennis did it once as a player but he was a tool that would scream in the oppositions face if the dogs scored etc (not bad in the media though).

What is ridiculous is these toolbag sports 'journos' asking about it post game. fmd.

Didn't the 'clap' actually start with a Scottish soccer (football) team's supporters?

I don't think it is 'sacrosanct'for the raiders and I think it would be silly for anyone (raiders) to suggest it is and therefore it has to be revered like a "Haka" or similar.

Many teams around the world do it (the clap, not the Haka) - even saw it at an 'ice' hockey game recently. So in that respect, the raiders can go and... I dunno jump.

Whilst I wouldn't do it mockingly at a Raiders game (it's a tad classless), I don't care that a collection of tipsy bogans did it either. Ennis did it once as a player but he was a tool that would scream in the oppositions face if the dogs scored etc (not bad in the media though).

What is ridiculous is these toolbag sports 'journos' asking about it post game. fmd.
Pretty sure it was Iceland (or similar) that started it

Gee, if you can't cop a bit of light-hearted banter, then you're too anal for the game of rugby league.

If the Raiders want to whinge about it, well then I suggest their team plays better as the Panthers wouldn't be doing the viking clap if they're losing by 30.

Manly fans mocked Parra's 'SIVO' chant at Parra Stadium last season.

Sad truth for the Panthers is, they have nothing any other team's fans would ever be bothered to mock.
Maybe not today, maybe not even this decade but RL fans have long memories and eventually this kinda stuff comes back around. In 2007 we had nothing to mock about Storm, in 2008 we had 40-0 and 2010 we had purple cheats. 10 years later they have had enough success that it's now water off a ducks back. What goes around inevitably comes around.

If mocking the Raiders clap equates to more fan involvement and a better fan experience, then thats fantastic.
I remember when Ennis for the Sharks mocked the Raiders fans at Canberra, loved it, the Faders fans are so serious, lots of middle finger salutes for Mick....lol.

I'm outraged just for the sake of being outraged. It doesn't take much for me to start hating on the other 15 clubs so this'll do for now. I'll get back to hating the rorters and purple scum shortly.
I don’t hate them just think they are idiots

I don't mind the viking clap - something different.

I'd like to Mock the Panthers. They are honestly the most boring team in the NRL. I always dread seeing them on the schedule when I look at games for the day. I'd rather watch Barretts bulldogs.

This thing of picking up players doing hitups and dragging them back 5-10 metres might be effective, but it's not rugby league. You may as well call it Judo. In attack Cleary is an absolute snore to watch with his boring kicks, and Leuai goes missing until the last 10 minutes of halves.

I acknowledge they are the fittest team in the NRL, and only Melbourne are anywhere near them but his dragging players back crap really has to stopped It is spoiling the spectacle. Rugby league is supposed to be a collision game.

NYEagle
Absolutely correct. Not only that but the 3 in the tackle that lay on after the ref calls held and never gets penalised gets up my nose. The other one is the attacker worming and rolling their way forward on the ground after being tackled often moving at least a meter or more off the mark. Parra and Penriff the worst at getting away with it. Just the constant finding ways to cheat sh**s me more than anything.

The players arrogance hasn’t gone anywhere.The camera angle may of been deceiving me,but I’m sure Luai gave TomT a spray standing over him in Rd1 after Tom lost the ball in a tackle.That tipped it over for me.I must be old but I don’t like that sort of behaviour and I cringe every time I see Harper get involved in such shenanigans but there’s a lot of people that don’t have an issue with how the Panthers carry on.Winners are grinners as they say

I'm with you. Always thought that giving it to your opponent after a win was just asking for the karma train to pay you a visit.

We all know it's swings and roundabouts and there will come a day when you're not winning matches by 30 and you'll have no comeback when others start laughing in your face and mocking you.

A little humility goes a long way.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10