Our halves and our gameplan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Munster played a Foran type game, setting his backs up well and pressuring the defence with strong runs that had them in two minds as to what action to take. This gave DCE a lot more latitude to do his thing. I haven't been impressed with Munster until this game, but was most impressed by his effort. This is the type of player DCE needs as his 5/8. Tough, good defender, always keeping defence in two minds regarding whether he is going to run or set up or both. A tougher Wright would suffice but also Walker could manage it. Hodko is past it for such play and Corker should never have been used...at least at this stage of his career. Barrett has the tools there, he just needs to use them properly. Up to now he hasn't.

our forwards start most of their runs flat footed and then play to laterally and so our backs don't have room to run, most of their play the balls are way too slow also .... fix that and the halves and backs can play like they do in origin .... give Kelepi & Taniella ... more time

D C E playing style is also more suited to a free flowing type of game which is more common in S O O and in contrast to most of Manly ;s club games this season and in many matches also this season, Manly ;s completion rate and possession level has been below normal . Still think that D C E 's overall club form has been very patchy and quite inconsistent this season at least to date and hopefully his more composed and confident effort on .Wednesday night can boost his form and performance level for Manly for their remaining matches.

Agree. I think we are guilty of trying to run our set plays that we forget the simple things. Id like our forwards just run hard and straight with support then after 3 or 4 tackles throw it wide early (like chez did with chambers) occasionally run a set play but not every set of six

Can't work right now, we spend 3 or 4 tackles of our backs trying to run it hard before the forwards can even get the ball, they linger around the middle even after the rest of the side is set and ready until they have had their run (Kelly, Suli, Turbo and Tafua all need to have their run), they just have no feel for the game, the only bloke who seems to understand is Parker. It's like the coach has to give each individual a game plan for every set, just dumb footy by our backs

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7