Our approach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think we are just a mentally weak side and have been for years…
And nothing shows this more than our inability to defend our line for the last 2-3 minutes of each half..
How many times have be either held a short lead, or just gotten ourselves back into a game then let a try in on the half time/full time buzzer?
Like against the the bunnies the other week… down a man, score a try to go up 16-12 and heading to the break with a lead— nope.. drop it cold and let a try in at the 39th minute..

The eels game… get the upper hand… give a way a bunch of penalties and let a try in on the siren… (yes I know the reffing didn’t help but the team is the one letting tries in)

Go thru our team over the last 3 to 4 years and see how many times we’ve shot ourselves in the foot letting last minute,SOFT tries in just as the buzzer sounds for ht/ft, i guarantee it’s more than any other club..
At the 75th minute last week my wife asked if I think we could hold on, and I laughed… I said no chance… they will score for certain.. I’m just so used to seeing manly do it time and time again that it’s just expected at this point, which really is pathetic

And nothing shows this more than our inability to defend our line for the last 2-3 minutes of each half..
How many times have be either held a short lead, or just gotten ourselves back into a game then let a try in on the half time/full time buzzer?
Like against the the bunnies the other week… down a man, score a try to go up 16-12 and heading to the break with a lead— nope.. drop it cold and let a try in at the 39th minute..

The eels game… get the upper hand… give a way a bunch of penalties and let a try in on the siren… (yes I know the reffing didn’t help but the team is the one letting tries in)

Go thru our team over the last 3 to 4 years and see how many times we’ve shot ourselves in the foot letting last minute,SOFT tries in just as the buzzer sounds for ht/ft, i guarantee it’s more than any other club..
At the 75th minute last week my wife asked if I think we could hold on, and I laughed… I said no chance… they will score for certain.. I’m just so used to seeing manly do it time and time again that it’s just expected at this point, which really is pathetic
Sad but true

Unfortunately serious attention to these issues will not be addressed within the club's current set-up. For whatever reason, Hasler's second stint is constrained by Penn's tight leash due to past history. A premiership is not the priority - being competitive enough whilst working within a tight budget is. Having the well-spoken, clean cut, premiership-winning QLD captain is what Penn wants for business reputation and sponsorship dollars. I have no doubt Hasler's previous complete autonomy has been reigned in as a pre-condition of his employment since 2019. Under these circumstances, we will continue to yo-yo back and forth in and out of the 8, but will never seriously contend for another title. Personally, I am already trying to guess what this team will look like after 2025 when Des and DCE have gone. How will our roster be looking and who will be our head coach?
I said before we will never win another premiership with dce and des and I think 2025 will be good for us a fresh start with lots of youth coming of age

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Tuipolatu
Garrick
L Fainu
Humphreys
Josh A
Gordon T
Paseka
Olakuatu
B Trbojevic
Schuster

Weekes
J Trbojevic
Alex T
V Fiffita

Something to look forward to obviously things change maybe a major signing or we might lose a few

Walker was the architect of the 2nd half slide with an awful 10 minutes. Stray idiotic offload on the first set = try, then Ball hogging, **** passes behind players, then injured.
Also, starting to crab a lot more in attack, sure sign of not wanting to engage the defence head on.

@court83 did you wife have other things in mind spotting you had a spare 5 minutes!

@court83 it started me thinking that have we relied on Don Singe as our “mental toughness” guy for so long that his methods along with Des‘S are now out of date and don‘t relate to this current generation?

In saying that it is the role of DCE, Foz, Marty and Jake to lead at these times and bring the youngsters with them in the trenches and I think we all know our current performance in this area.

Well it was my birthday lol, so maybe she did…
But the 3year old and 11 month old that were in the room prolly put a pin in any plans she may have had LOL
Haha! Yes that adds to a degree of difficulty!

I’m sure your little ones have more footy nous than some of our players!

Happy Birthday for last week and sorry the boys let you down!

@court83 did you wife have other things in mind spotting you had a spare 5 minutes!
clean up GIF

Spare 5 minutes you can get a lot of house cleaning done in that time ha ha :):)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8