Other Games [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nico Hynes is currently the best player in the NRL.

Val Holmes was awesome in that last 20 minutes, he is all class.

Why oh why do you designate Miller as your goal kicker? He’s $hit at it and left a gimme conversion out there tonight after last week’s $hit show. AOB needs to wear that one tonight

Val Holmes was awesome in that last 20 minutes, he is all class.
I reckon if not for Holmes getting them on the front foot in that last 20 they were gone.
Whats the go with Paton not using two players off the bench. It was pretty clear that everyone was fuked out there with 20 to go. Lucky for him they had Val.

I reckon if not for Holmes getting them on the front foot in that last 20 they were gone.
Whats the go with Paton not using two players off the bench. It was pretty clear that everyone was fuked out there with 20 to go. Lucky for him they had Val.

Simply bizzare his bench.

Someone with more smarts can help me but:

UPDATE: Cowboys winger Murray Taulagi has been fined for his ugly hit on Dane Gagai.

Taulagi was hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge, but fined only $750 when a three-year incident-free discount was applied.

- looking at it, it was late and totally a shoulder charge - yet it's graded 'dangerous contact'

Yet Vaega gets 2 matches for a shoulder charge.

I'm not sure why Taulagi's wasn't graded the same way (he's free to play, by the way) - and this is after seeing other games where ref's have had enough with the late hits.

Can't see the diff besides it's a qld team v manly.

I think Nathan Cleary is far superior. Hynes is playing good footy but he is media darling and the hype around him is somewhat manufactured IMO. Whilst I am not a fan of Cleary, I think he is heading towards immortality in the game. Some of his defence against Souths was superb. He keeps everything so organised and has the best kicking game in the competition. Some of the field goals he has kicked this year defy belief. Hynes is flashy but he still has a long way to go to be considered anywhere close to Cleary in terms of game management, etc. The Dogs are cannon-fodder at the moment as well.

In terms of who was a better songwriter, you might have me on that one...just!

Dolphins doing to the titans what the titans have done to us on a few occasions after being 20-0 up

And pleaseeee, can we remove Blocker from commentary? I really love the guy as a person, but a commentator he ain’t.
Listening to him and Warren Smith together. It’s neck and neck for the biggest dud caller.
‘You’ve got Blocker with his relentless "what’s the bloke supposed to do disappear" call.
or you have Warren Smith declaring after 1:45 minutes of play that we are watching a team called the Gold Coast Dolphins? Both of them need to call it a day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6