Other Games [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souths have self-destructed here. Had a golden opportunity to overcome a boogey team for them tonight, and the Pennies have been far from their best. Living in their heads.
I may need to take that back and eat my own words. Boy, they've made it hard on themselves.

Just goes to show that Penrith still haven’t recovered from the beating we gave them in the 2nd half. Golden point lucky win last week and loss this week
Oh yes they will be absolutely terrified of playing us again!
Poor riff

Handed to them once again by shoddy refereeing but shouldn't be surprised. That's the weekly norm.
How does the NRL expect us to think things are all above board when it comes to officiating?
Tago try - as soon as it went upstairs we knew they'd find something to disallow it.
Um, how can it be a knock on when his hand was in front of the ball and pushes it into the ground?
Mitchell try - didn't even try to humour us with checking it. Walker touches it in the field of play, Mitchell catches it in goal or at worst on the line...but nothing to see here.

I flicked over to see who was playing, saw the team in black, figured I didn't want to watch the Warriors, and watched something else. Souths were in black?

Why?

How does the NRL expect us to think things are all above board when it comes to officiating?
Tago try - as soon as it went upstairs we knew they'd find something to disallow it.
Um, how can it be a knock on when his hand was in front of the ball and pushes it into the ground?
Mitchell try - didn't even try to humour us with checking it. Walker touches it in the field of play, Mitchell catches it in goal or at worst on the line...but nothing to see here.
It’s a script , I tell ya , the NRL want the most even competition ever and they are getting it through their men in the middle.

I bet if we lose on Sunday it’ll be directly related to that situation.

Can’t have a team in last spot that’s not won a game can we !!!

It’s a script , I tell ya , the NRL want the most even competition ever and they are getting it through their men in the middle.

Guess the NRL won‘t always get everything they want then…….

The contentious no try for Penrith was worth a few more angles surely, he had his hand still on the ball when they ruled he bounced the ball in the turf. And a forward pass ruled against Penrith, that was so passed backwards it wasn't funny. I'm starting to believe their could be some truth into these conspiracy theories about refs giving Souths leg ups in games.

The contentious no try for Penrith was worth a few more angles surely, he had his hand still on the ball when they ruled he bounced the ball in the turf. And a forward pass ruled against Penrith, that was so passed backwards it wasn't funny. I'm starting to believe their could be some truth into these conspiracy theories about refs giving Souths leg ups in games.
Not just South’s either

I think it’s the broadcasters who are pulling the strings , they pay HUGE money for the rights , they want an even close games competition.

What’s the easiest way to guarantee that?, well it’s a no brainer really !!

The NRL need to keep Albanese on side. wouldn't surprise me if Souths were gifted the premiership this year. what with the Voice and all.
Souths are capable of winning the comp without Albo on their bench

Souths were very good last night . They showed that they could mix it and dish it out with the best

It was a high quality game but the Riff had a few out and Cleary looked busted. Souths were a little lucky IMO but good sides make their own luck. Good win from behind.

It was a high quality game but the Riff had a few out and Cleary looked busted. Souths were a little lucky IMO but good sides make their own luck. Good win from behind.
Souths really should have put the Riff away in the 1st half, with possession going 57% to 43% Sths way in the 1st half. If it was the other way, Penrith would of probably won the game in the first half going on a 57% - 43% spilt.

That Riff made no sense. It means anyone (including the dummy half ffs!) ever picking the ball up from the ground has to do it in a way that puts no downward pressure on the ball or it now becomes a knockon.

yep just swinging with the crowd trends

i know crowds are up but during covid they tinkered with recorded crowd noise

i wonder if its being pumped into the telly a bit ATM to enhance the experience for the homeys. Any exec worth there salt would know thats the difference for the fan and you can tech almost anything now

all games seem more pumped than usual from a crowd perspective

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8