Other Games [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
LAST ROUND!

Who will be crowned silvertails best tipster??

(Probably @The Eagle Has Landed)

Ok: fwiw....

Thursday, September 1
Eels v Storm, CommBank Stadium, Nine/Fox, 7:50pm

Friday, September 2
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles, Stadium Australia, Fox, 6pm
Roosters v Rabbitohs, TBA, Nine/Fox, 7:55pm

Saturday, Septemebr 3
Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Dragons v Broncos, Netrata Jubilee Stadium, Fox, 5:30pm
Cowboys v Panthers, QCB Stadium, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, September 4
Knights v Sharks, McDonald Jones Stadium, Fox, 2pm
Tigers v Raiders, Leichhardt Oval, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm

Hoo friggen yay

(a pity it's hooper but anyway)

It’s completely understandable why the Sydney Roosters are blowing up about arch-rivals the Melbourne Storm seemingly getting a free pass when it comes to the NRL’s match review committee.

The Roosters get Lindsay Collins rubbed out for four weeks until the grand final, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was sin binned and hit with a $3000 fine yet somehow inexplicably – once again – Storm forward Nelson Asofa Solomona escapes with only a $3000 fine and Felise Kaufusi gets off scot free.

The Friday night showdown between two of the NRL’s heavyweight teams was like a grand final arrived early such was the physicality and skill level involved in what was an enthralling contest.

Before the usual suspects go into meltdown about Storm-bashing leading into the finals this has clearly become one of the biggest issues in the game under the NRL’s new match review committee system this season.

Nelson has now been hit with five fines totalling $11,800 this year yet somehow managed to escape suspension every time.

Big NAS’s rap sheet also fails to include when he knocked two of Warriors hooker Wade Egan’s teeth out in round 20 which the Match Review Committee somehow deemed warranted no penalty.

That was the incident the Eighth Immortal Andrew Johns stated should have warranted a four month suspension if the NRL was fair dinkum.

LAST ROUND!

Who will be crowned silvertails best tipster??

(Probably @The Eagle Has Landed)

Ok: fwiw....

Thursday, September 1
Eels v Storm, CommBank Stadium, Nine/Fox, 7:50pm

Friday, September 2
Bulldogs v Sea Eagles, Stadium Australia, Fox, 6pm
Roosters v Rabbitohs, TBA, Nine/Fox, 7:55pm

Saturday, Septemebr 3
Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Dragons v Broncos, Netrata Jubilee Stadium, Fox, 5:30pm
Cowboys v Panthers, QCB Stadium, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, September 4
Knights v Sharks, McDonald Jones Stadium, Fox, 2pm
Tigers v Raiders, Leichhardt Oval, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm

Hoo friggen yay

Eels versus Storm (Eels)
Dogs versus Eagles (Eagles)
Chooks versus Bunnies (Chooks)
Warriors versus Tits (Tits)
Dragons versus Broncos (Broncos)
Cowboys versus Panthers (Panthers)
Knights versus Sharks (Sharks)
Tigers versus Raiders (Raiders)

Proof I have the courage of my convictions:
Manly Sea Eagles @ 2.60
Head to Head • Stake $100.00
Canterbury Bulldogs v Manly Sea Eagles
Fri, 2 Sep18:00

It's not NRL, but I wanted to share this tackle from the Wallabies v Springboks test last Saturday

It's not NRL, but I wanted to share this tackle from the Wallabies v Springboks test last Saturday

In this age of labelling tackles from chicken wings to hip drops, I'm naming that tackle the nut cracker !!!

I wonder how many weeks he will get for tackling too hard?

Bit surprised there hasn't been more controversy about the Panthers naming a reserve grade side. In past years Storm have often rested a player or two in the lead up to finals but I can't recall an entire team being rested, turning what otherwise would be a top 3 drawcard into a joke game. Not that I care about the broadcasters, but some fans would like to watch a fair dinkum game between 2 top teams (especially when your own team is out on its ear).
Not sure what to do about it, I can understand why the Panthers did it.

Bit surprised there hasn't been more controversy about the Panthers naming a reserve grade side. In past years Storm have often rested a player or two in the lead up to finals but I can't recall an entire team being rested, turning what otherwise would be a top 3 drawcard into a joke game. Not that I care about the broadcasters, but some fans would like to watch a fair dinkum game between 2 top teams (especially when your own team is out on its ear).
Not sure what to do about it, I can understand why the Panthers did it.
Being in the GF is what it's all about now. whatever happens they still have storm or parra next weekend. win or lose. (most likeley) Although if they win they may get Cows again next weekend.

Being in the GF is what it's all about now. whatever happens they still have storm or parra next weekend. win or lose. (most likeley) Although if they win they may get Cows again next weekend.
Yeah. Guess it would be terribly unlucky if Drinkwater or Holmes or Taumololo get wiped out of the finals by a hip-drop performed by some no-name reserve grader. Luckily this could never happen!

A couple of very tasty game tonight and Friday (on top of the mighty Manly). I kinda hope Parra / Storm beat each other to a pulp, limp into the finals and go out round 1 ... potentially with a few multi match bans.
Yeah!
I was just thinking I hope Storm fail to win the comp, also hope Eels fail to win the comp, also hope the Chooks fail to win, and definitely hope Panthers fail to go back to back. Doesn't leave much, Raiders are nuisance value only, Cows and Sharks are probably surprised and happy just to make top 4.
Souths, yeah nah.
Oh well, they can all just smash each other to smithereens, the only positive news is that 7 of them will end up devastated and hopefully pissed off!

Yeah!
I was just thinking I hope Storm fail to win the comp, also hope Eels fail to win the comp, also hope the Chooks fail to win, and definitely hope Panthers fail to go back to back. Doesn't leave much, Raiders are nuisance value only, Cows and Sharks are probably surprised and happy just to make top 4.
Souths, yeah nah.
Oh well, they can all just smash each other to smithereens, the only positive news is that 7 of them will end up devastated and hopefully pissed off!
You've summed it up well. I'll be cheering for the Sharks or Cows - they've both done much better than expected this year and good on them. Better than the same old ho hum Panthers/Storm etc...

As if this season couldn't get any worse now it has. Scumatta playing great football. God help us if those fukwits go all the way.
They've played much better than the Storm. Mind you, they've also had a lot of help on many 50/50 calls. They're not gonna get this kind of help all through the finals, surely.

How the farrrkkk does Meaney miss from there in a situation where every point is crucial? Unbelievable! Bellyache will be livid with this performance tonight

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2