Other Games [Round 25, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Meaney's got a lot of work to do before he'll be a good fullback. Reminds me of when Garrick first started filling in for Turbo.

I'd hate to be one of the three Storm supporters tonight. They've shot themselves in the foot ala Manly-style

Meaney's got a lot of work to do before he'll be a good fullback. Reminds me of when Garrick first started filling in for Turbo.
He has been garbage. I never thought much of him at the Dogs and was a little surprised Storm took him. I thought perhaps Bellyache would weave some magic, but nothing much yet.

The Eels have the ability to lift for big games, having beaten both the Panthers & Storm twice this year. Let's see how they go next game. I think the Panthers will be ready for them.

Last edited:
Doesn'tmatta has been blessed with very few injuries. Currently they have three players unavailable; Melbourne has 10 out.
They will come up against the 'Riff who also have a fit squad to chose from.
I don't know if it is luck, or good physios, but both these clubs have had a lot less injuries than almost all of the other clubs*.
*NB: The 'Boys also have a near full squad at the moment.

Storm are no chance next week unless Hughes is back.

Storm will beat Canberra with ease. Then they’ll meet Parra again at Commbank in week 2 of the semi’s. Storm coming off an easy win vs Parra coming off a hard fought loss. I wonder if bellyache had it planned.

Either way, Parra are going to give it their all against Penrith and if they fail I can see them going out in straight sets.

The thing that stood out for me the most was the scums defence, yes they leaked some late points, but as much as I hate saying it, their defence is good enough to see the drought end, surely god won’t be that cruel.

The Eels / Storm game
Firstly - We all know Munster is a damn good footy player.
But he is starting to run the refs like Cam smith did
He plays the ball 3-5m off the mark every time he is tackled and gets away with it
He makes a tackle and tangles himself up for 5+ seconds looking at the ref who just shout's "Cameron cameron cameron" but plays on, with Jake he is blowing the whistle by the time he calls out a 2nd time.
And lastly the commentary
Eel kick through on the attack and rather than pick the ball up or simply fall on it - Munster at fullback kicks at it like a soccer fullback - it go's sideways to an Eels player and they almost score....and the commentators are saying "well that was a different play from Munster" ....anyone else they would be calling for their head.
Then he missed a vital conversion right in front and they call "oh unlucky cameron".
I did like Cronk at least " Yes Cameron, smack yourself in the head that was a horrible miss"
Not pick on Munster post - but the officials and commentators are sickening and so obvious with their favourite players, just treat all players the same FFS - it's a professional sport.

He has been garbage. I never thought much of him at the Dogs and was a little surprised Storm took him. I thought perhaps Bellyache would weave some magic, but nothing much yet.
Meaney was ok as a backup winger, but to replace papenhuyzen was always gunna show him up as a fast bloke with little else
The Bellamy magic dust has washed off this bloke....

Storm will beat Canberra with ease. Then they’ll meet Parra again at Commbank in week 2 of the semi’s. Storm coming off an easy win vs Parra coming off a hard fought loss. I wonder if bellyache had it planned.

Either way, Parra are going to give it their all against Penrith and if they fail I can see them going out in straight sets.
Eels Loss to Penrith
Return game against Storm a 50/50
The loss of Pappenhausen is being noted by opposition coaches and without the star fullback, are not contenders and the makeshift Munster dropping back increasing expectations on him and weakening the front line - Meaney a neon light who will be under Massive heat

If you saw Cooper Johns running around for a park footy team, he would not stand out in any way. So when he's your starting halfback in an important game, you know you're in trouble. On top of an abundance of reserve graders, a number of the Storm's big-name players aren't firing either (yes, Jesse Bromwich, I'm looking at you), so they are more vulnerable than they've been for a number of years.

I always thought (and hoped) that the Dolphins entering the competition would weaken the Storm more than any other team, so it will be very interesting to see how they line up next year, especially in the forwards.

The Eels / Storm game
Firstly - We all know Munster is a damn good footy player.
But he is starting to run the refs like Cam smith did
He plays the ball 3-5m off the mark every time he is tackled and gets away with it
He makes a tackle and tangles himself up for 5+ seconds looking at the ref who just shout's "Cameron cameron cameron" but plays on, with Jake he is blowing the whistle by the time he calls out a 2nd time.
And lastly the commentary
Eel kick through on the attack and rather than pick the ball up or simply fall on it - Munster at fullback kicks at it like a soccer fullback - it go's sideways to an Eels player and they almost score....and the commentators are saying "well that was a different play from Munster" ....anyone else they would be calling for their head.
Then he missed a vital conversion right in front and they call "oh unlucky cameron".
I did like Cronk at least " Yes Cameron, smack yourself in the head that was a horrible miss"
Not pick on Munster post - but the officials and commentators are sickening and so obvious with their favourite players, just treat all players the same FFS - it's a professional sport.
I found this an interesting post on his previous game:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8