Other Games - Round 25, 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This match was refereed totally differently in each half. First half Melbourne received 11 penalties and every advantage. Half time and the refs were told the lopsided penalty count and then anything went. No 10-metres, no holding down . . .
The Vidiot (who I know from my cricketing days) got two decisions wrong. I'm still yet to be convinced that technology has improved the sport. Many of the ruling are ridiculous.
By the way, when did they eliminate a knock-back from the rule book?

This match was refereed totally differently in each half. First half Melbourne received 11 penalties and every advantage. Half time and the refs were told the lopsided penalty count and then anything went. No 10-metres, no holding down . . .
The Vidiot (who I know from my cricketing days) got two decisions wrong. I'm still yet to be convinced that technology has improved the sport. Many of the ruling are ridiculous.

I still reckon someone from Melbourne worded up the officials at halftime that they weren’t actually trying to win, so can you please stop trying to get us over the line, guys?!

With Storm stars out confident Penrith win
Took a $4 multi to win $1104.....
Blake 2 x tries into Penrith 11-20
Well that storm try with 2 minuets to go f*** it.

Hitting the ball forward like the Penrith winger just did in that intercept, was very similar to what Tom Turbo did in a recent game, but he was pulled up for it.

I remember in the late 1980s a Manly player (Snoz or Shearer) getting penalised at Brookie v Roosters for doing what the Penrith player did last night. Then in the early 1990s under Mick Stone when he was in charge of referees they said a player can deliberately knock the ball forward if attempting to bring the ball under control, so long as there is no defenders there. The last 15 years they have also been letting defenders slap down or knock down the ball & just rule it a knock on. But the rules of rugby league have always said you can't deliberately knock the ball forward at all. Many slap downs and intercepts taken in the NRL should be penalised.

Its typical NRL mindset of ignoring rules when it suits them.

In the Raiders game last night the referee allowed them to get away with a grubber kick as a goal line drop out. Preston Campbell did the same thing for Gold Coast against Manly at Brookie a few years ago too. Bill Harrigan on MMM later said a grubber kick is a form of a drop kick. But the game's rules are clear a drop kick means kicking the ball after it has bounced back up off the ground, while grubber kick means kicking the ball off the top of your boot (a punt kick) or simultaneously as the ball hits the ground.

You could go on. Under the NRL they don't apply the rugby league rule book the way it is written.

Last edited:

It was crazy officiating in the first half. The Warriors game officiating was along the same lines. It looked like the NRL referees had been given an order during the week to crackdown on rules one more time before the finals start. Which was insane when last night the NRL had so many extra eyeballs watching as both grounds were full and in Victoria there was no AFL and in NZ there was no Super rugby on. So the NRL served up constant whistles from referees and more bunker nonsense.

It seems fairly clear that the NRL and the NRL referees area don't communicate important issues like "Hey guys, this week we have a lot potential new fans watching, so don't go all whistle happy on us. Treat it like Origin games.".

That Storm 'no try' early in the second half for an obstruction was a diabolical call. There was no defender obstructed! Hullo!!!! The bunker was so focused on where the 'lead runner' was & all that crap, they weren't even seeing there was no one actually stopped from tackling anyone that mattered!

How can anyone new to watching NRL be bothered to get into the game with this unexplainable rubbish rulings going on?

Last edited:
How can anyone new to watching NRL be bothered to get into the game with this unexplainable rubbish rulings going on?

Didn't think this game had rules anymore, or there is a secret rule book that nobody else has seen. Same play but if the player had given up and fallen over half an ants dick from the try line it would have been play on. Next play there could be a twenty meter forward pass that all the online officials are usually too incompetent to see and the vidiot ref has no other option than to award a try.

Everything is as clear as mud..

Didn't think this game had rules anymore, or there is a secret rule book that nobody else has seen. Same play but if the player had given up and fallen over half an ants dick from the try line it would have been play on. Next play there could be a twenty meter forward pass that all the online officials are usually too incompetent to see and the vidiot ref has no other option than to award a try.

Everything is as clear as mud..

The Sutton triplets are as much to blame as anyone this year.

I remember them from Group 5 days ( think they were Quirindi based), their Dad was a ref ( and an absolute arsehole) and remember them as kids plying their way in junior grades.

Their biased reffing shows no boundary’s in 2018.

If Sutton is our best referee , then the game is in serious bother!!

Sick of watching the same one team towns get all the penalties and no consistency as the refs fear scam so much.

It won't change while greenturd runs the game . Fans are staying away from the game cause you see every week a game decided by crap and unaccountable officiating !!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8