Other Games [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Storm playing at a different speed to what I’m used to watching,all starts at dummy half.Very direct
Kinda think it's :

Panthers (contender)
Melbourne (contender)
Cowboys (contender)

Souths (can compete)
Chooks (can compete)

Sharks (making up the numbers)
Eels (making up the numbers)
Broncos (making up the numbers)

A couple of incidences show how dedicated the Storm are to extracting every advantage.
Grant feigns being hit high and the trainer 10 metres behind the play runs in and puts a towel to Grants nose pretending there is blood coming from his nose.
Munster gets tackled and put on his back,he twists to put his head in a bad position and then grabs behind his neck.
Thank **** that the ref was smart enough to see the BS.
Channel nine ****s me as well,every Storm try is given absolutely no scrutiny as to whether it is a try but us as well as others are viewed at every possible camera angle to make sure it is a try.
Even Coates taking a short drop out is not even looked at to see if it was knocked on,just accepted that he did not,seriously pisses me off....

There’s every chance broncs don’t even make it. Canberra should win all 3. Broncs might not win another.
Tonight's game was a shocker for the Broncs, Reynolds needs to do more than just kick, Kotoni Staggs is only a shadow of his former self, Ryan James should be playing Qld cup, not up to first grade anymore. The Broncs forwards all do the same, no ball playing types. In front of 42,600 mostly Broncs fans, it ain't good enough.

Tonight's game was a shocker for the Broncs, Reynolds needs to do more than just kick, Kotoni Staggs is only a shadow of his former self, Ryan James should be playing Qld cup, not up to first grade anymore. The Broncs forwards all do the same, no ball playing types. In front of 42,600 mostly Broncs fans, it ain't good enough.
Pat Carrigan is a big out for them. He’s there best player imo. They seem to have started going poorly when Turpin came back. Staggs is one of the most overrated players going around. Olam gave him a bath yesterday. I can’t see them beating Parra or Sts away.

The Donkeys couldn‘t match the storms line speed and intensity, shifting NAS to the edge and playing cheese at 13 puts them in this comp up to their eyeballs.

Playing 2 nines was the right formula during origin and has worked a treat for those sides employing it this season, it’s more than a little coincidental that the teams running 1,2,3 have taken advantage of it, the speed of the game is everything,

Grant @ 9 and cheese @ 13 is almost the perfect formula for mine, with cheese playing a high energy 80 at lock, his built for the role, has a good running game with ball playing ability, defensively sound, but the big one is, he plays as the second on field nine, jumps into dummy half when Grant runs or when the play shifts, can share the roll and keeps their ruck speed at a premium, allows Grant to play his natural running game, knowing cheese will service dummy half. Cheese offers the Storm more at 13 than NAS, and NAS is just as effective and may even prove more valuable as a ball running edge.

Storm playing at a different speed to what I’m used to watching,all starts at dummy half.Very direct
Also they all fight in the ruck to get up , esp that coke head Cheese crawls 3 mtrs then gets up plays the ball and pushes foward as he plays it same with Munster , KB , NAS etc they all look stronger fitter dare I say it more “jacked” than a lot of other players
We need to get ourselves to that level , I hate them with a passion but they are relentless with that intensity
I also think the Rorters with JWH and grub Lodge laying a huge platform could be one of the few to win it from os the 4

Imagine another Storm premiership

Sick It'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Kinda think it's :

Panthers (contender)
Melbourne (contender)
Cowboys (contender)

Souths (can compete)
Chooks (can compete)

Sharks (making up the numbers)
Eels (making up the numbers)
Broncos (making up the numbers)
I think if cowboys are considered contenders, then you should put sharks in the same category.

Also based on big game performances, don't really think you can write off roosters or even eels. Reckon everyone in the 8 currently could win it barring the broncos. Obviously full strength panthers should easily get the job done however

Pat Carrigan is a big out for them. He’s there best player imo. They seem to have started going poorly when Turpin came back. Staggs is one of the most overrated players going around. Olam gave him a bath yesterday. I can’t see them beating Parra or Sts away.
Agree, Carrigan brings so much to the Broncs, big hit-ups with quick play the balls, he's more effective than Hass imo.

Again and again Eels get ruck speed by not playing the ball properly. They are all doing roll ball plays. And no one cares. They get speed up and the ref gives them the penalty!!!

Agreed. Billy Walters was getting better at 9 with each game. And a bit of agro in him too which I liked. Turpin is putrid. That bell ringer Olam put on Staggs showed the difference between the two. Night/Day. And I knew Carrigan was a big out, just didn’t realise just how big.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4