Other Games [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thursday, August 18
Rabbitohs v Panthers, Stadium Australia, Nine/Fox, 7:50pm

Friday, August 19
Cowboys v Warriors, QCB Stadium, Fox, 6pm
Broncos v Storm, Suncorp Stadium, Nine/Fox, 7:55pm

Saturday, August 20
Eels v Bulldogs, CommBank Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Sea Eagles v Sharks, 4 Pines Park, Fox, 5:30pm
Roosters v Tigers, Sydney Cricket Ground, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, August 21
Dragons v Titans, WIN Stadium, Fox, 2pm
Knights v Raiders, McDonald Jones Stadium, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm

Kikau tackles a South Sydney player on tackle 5 in the middle of the field.
He then runs all the way to the left sideline to tackle the winger over the sideline after the winger missed the tackle.

Brilliant Defence.

Do any of our lazy arsee 2nd rowers do this ever? NO

Finally, a ref calls the pennies offside. It could have been called for any previous set TBH

I disagree with that obstruction non-call. It's been a penalty for years. Contact with outside shoulder, black and white, whether we agree with it or not. However, in addition, the vidiot's judgement that the obstructed player, Ilias wouldn't have gotten to Edwards because Edwards got outside Graham, is far from conclusive. Ilias was always pushing towards the outside and may well have got across without the contact. Anyway, there seems to be a whole new interpretation in the obstruction rule. Good luck working it out now.

I disagree with that obstruction non-call. It's been a penalty for years. Contact with outside shoulder, black and white, whether we agree with it or not. However, in addition, the vidiot's judgement that the obstructed player, Ilias wouldn't have gotten to Edwards because Edwards got outside Graham, is far from conclusive. Ilias was always pushing towards the outside and may well have got across without the contact. Anyway, there seems to be a whole new interpretation in the obstruction rule. Good luck working it out now.
Shocking call. Black and white obstruction every day of the week.

Shocking call. Black and white obstruction every day of the week.
Yeah, it was made black and white to remove all the subjective debate. For some bizarre reason, they've introduced some subjectivity recently. NRL consistency eh

Jaxson Paulo has had a shocker for the bunnies. Bombed two tries and dropped a pass on a break that could have been a third, and then drops a bomb in the last two minutes to give the pennies the ball in the attacking zone.

Kikau tackles a South Sydney player on tackle 5 in the middle of the field.
He then runs all the way to the left sideline to tackle the winger over the sideline after the winger missed the tackle.

Brilliant Defence.

Do any of our lazy arsee 2nd rowers do this ever? NO
I’m glad you pointed that out. That overhead shot showed the metres he had to make brilliantly. That is a gold star 1% play there.

Annesley said last week regarding obstruction, that point 1 c) allows the ref and or bunker to determine if the obstructed player had a chance to effect a tackle. If they determine no, then it's not an obstruction.

He said this was brought in a few years ago when the 'black and white' rule of contact with an outside shoulder led to tries being disallowed when the obstructed player had no chance of making the tackle.

As you posted.... Ilias may have made it, I didn't see the incident, I just wanted to point out that the rule has, once again, a discretionary part to it.

edit: I just saw it... so er... I'm sure Annesley will put all our minds at rest like he does every monday......

I’m ok with the obstruction call for the simple fact that unless you’re running down the wing, there is going to be an outside shoulder somewhere. You run to the inside of one shoulder and you’ve still got the player next to them with an outside shoulder; hence the idea that the space that opens up has to be the result of the closest outside shoulder to where the play unfolds (I.e. take the space where the obstructed defender would normally be). Graham’s outside shoulder wasn’t impacted and he made a decision to bite in on the lead runner. Fair try.

As for Penrith…that was a win for the ages last night. To have your 6, 7 and premier front rower out against a team on fire with Latrell at the back…remarkable. Any other team under those circumstances gets a score put on them.

Koroisau stays at Manly, we win a premiership by now.

Annesley said last week regarding obstruction, that point 1 c) allows the ref and or bunker to determine if the obstructed player had a chance to effect a tackle. If they determine no, then it's not an obstruction.

He said this was brought in a few years ago when the 'black and white' rule of contact with an outside shoulder led to tries being disallowed when the obstructed player had no chance of making the tackle.

As you posted.... Ilias may have made it, I didn't see the incident, I just wanted to point out that the rule has, once again, a discretionary part to it.

edit: I just saw it... so er... I'm sure Annesley will put all our minds at rest like he does every monday......
What did you think, GE? Do you think it's fair to say Ilias may have made it? He was heading towards the outside tracking the ball, unlike Graham who made a poor defensive read and came inside onto the decoy runner. If it was just Graham involved I would absolutely agree with the try call... try and poor read. I'm just not convinced you can say there was no chance Ilias may have got to Edwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4