Other Games [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I haven’t seen the presser but imo the bunker rorted the Raiders with an unsuccessful challenge in the first half, not a big deal in isolation but it impacted the next set and the inability to challenge for the rest of the match.
Dragons grubber through, goes dead and ruled a dropout, Raiders challenge, replays show the ball hits Rapana outside the deadball line whilst Rapana was on the ground.
Forgive me if I’m wrong but if Rapana has touched the ground and is out before touching the ball then isn’t the ball out?
They checked it, said Rapana played at the ball so challenge unsuccessful. The ball hit him ffs.

Yes, the Faders should be better but seriously how does the bunker stuff simple things up?

The bunker was technically correct.

The ball has to touch the ground, outside of the dead ball line.

Stupid rule, but it was applied correctly.

And it has happened a few times this year as well.

The bunker was technically correct.

The ball has to touch the ground, outside of the dead ball line.

Stupid rule, but it was applied correctly.

And it has happened a few times this year as well.
Really??
So how come in an attacking situation if the attacker is out but flicks it back in the ball is deemed out?
Is it one of those anomalies between attacking and defending?
Also to me it appeared the ball hit him rather than he played at it, is that another stupid rule anomaly between in the field of play and the in-goal area?

I don't see how that's right. Is this the rule? Section 9 Touch and Touch In-Goal
SmartSelect_20210620-135217_Drive.jpg

Then there is also the above. Seems contradictory tbh.

I'm certain I've seen the rule applied a couple of times this season. One was Manu from the Roosters, from hazy memory, where he ran out of the dead ball line to grab the ball, got it before it bounced, and got pinged with a drop out...as the ball did not hit the ground, or an object, prior to the player touching it.

I haven’t seen the presser but imo the bunker rorted the Raiders with an unsuccessful challenge in the first half, not a big deal in isolation but it impacted the next set and the inability to challenge for the rest of the match.
Dragons grubber through, goes dead and ruled a dropout, Raiders challenge, replays show the ball hits Rapana outside the deadball line whilst Rapana was on the ground.
Forgive me if I’m wrong but if Rapana has touched the ground and is out before touching the ball then isn’t the ball out?
They checked it, said Rapana played at the ball so challenge unsuccessful. The ball hit him ffs.

Yes, the Faders should be better but seriously how does the bunker stuff simple things up?
That is the rule for a ball that is touched on the full. Doesn't apply to a bouncing ball.

Really??
So how come in an attacking situation if the attacker is out but flicks it back in the ball is deemed out?
Is it one of those anomalies between attacking and defending?
Also to me it appeared the ball hit him rather than he played at it, is that another stupid rule anomaly between in the field of play and the in-goal area?
Yep, sideline and dead ball line are treated differently.

It's in the notes at the bottom of page 21.

Where the ball which is stationary in the field of play or the in-goal area comes in contact with a player in touch, touch in-goal or over the dead ball line, the ball is deemed to have been made dead by that player.

Should the ball, whilst in general play, be made dead by a player straddling, or over, their own dead ball line or touch in-goal line, play will re-start with a goal line drop-out (S8, Law 4(i)Page 19).

Dogs are being made to look good

parra should of scored at least 3 more tries but have butchered so many overlap opportunities out wide.

dogs look more up for this

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4