Other Games [Round 15, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gotta lol at Robbo having a sook about one of his players getting binned after going high on a slipping Cleary.

Pity he didn't see both sides of the story, when Teddy was using his short studs and copping hits left, right and centre

Gotta lol at Robbo having a sook about one of his players getting binned after going high on a slipping Cleary.

Pity he didn't see both sides of the story, when Teddy was using his short studs and copping hits left, right and centre

I love how, in the presser, when they get quizzed about some illegality committed by one of their players, the standard reaction is, "Oh, I haven't seen it. I'll have to have a better look".

Tonight though, seems like Robinson saw everything clear as day. Funny that when he thinks his team has been rorted, all of a sudden he has 20/20 vision..

Bloody ridiculous.

But what must an international audience think?
Why would they watch a sport that features the same team getting flogged each week?
Showcasing the Donkeys is not helping rugby league gain a wider following.
True. They still pulled nearly 20k on a Thursday night. I don’t know wether their supporters turned up in hope and desperation, or they wanted to roll out the welcome mat for Reynolds and try and get him to jump ship now. (Wouldn’t that piss Wayne off.:D).

I love how, in the presser, when they get quizzed about some illegality committed by one of their players, the standard reaction is, "Oh, I haven't seen it. I'll have to have a better look".

Tonight though, seems like Robinson saw everything clear as day. Funny that when he thinks his team has been rorted, all of a sudden he has 20/20 vision..

Bloody ridiculous.
So true. Someone should’ve shown him the Robson sin binning in the Cows game. Old mate rooster was always going. (Even though they were both bullshiit decisions……and please, if I hear another commentator say, "but to the letter of the law he has to go", I’m going to throw the Fox box out the window.)

So true. Someone should’ve shown him the Robson sin binning in the Cows game. Old mate rooster was always going. (Even though they were both bullshiit decisions……and please, if I hear another commentator say, "but to the letter of the law he has to go", I’m going to throw the Fox box out the window.)
Two horrible decisions, not much Robson or SKO could have done when the attacking player is falling, the strange thing for me is nothing from the Chiefs (Vlandy’s & Annersley) of the game to the referees and the Bunker about the Hethrington send off last week when the attacking player was falling and it ended up being a fine.

Surely the bunker can see the attacking player falling and adjudicate on that.

Two horrible decisions, not much Robson or SKO could have done when the attacking player is falling, the strange thing for me is nothing from the Chiefs (Vlandy’s & Annersley) of the game to the referees and the Bunker about the Hethrington send off last week when the attacking player was falling and it ended up being a fine.

Surely the bunker can see the attacking player falling and adjudicate on that.

Always. It makes the victories so much sweeter.

Even Grand Finals we lost in my life that I've gotten to see (1982, 1995, 1997, 2007, 2013 - didn't get to see 1983) I stuck it out to the end. Won't re-watch them at all, but I painfully watched to the end.

For mine the sweetest were easily 1996 and 2008. The 1996 ARL Grand Final against St George was the first Manly game I ever went to, and of course 2008 speaks for itself with how that game went. The losses are all equally painful I guess, but the worst for mine were 1997 (I hate that bloody blonde haired git Albert) and 2013 which I partly blame on Hayne's refereeing and partly on the fact that we led 18-8 with 20 to go and then let in 18 points in 20 minutes. Hayne didn't help but our defense fell apart and for mine that was just as much to blame. Forward passes or not, Hayne wasn't the one missing tackles and allowing line breaks.

Last edited:
Regarding the sin binnings from slipping -

I'm not saying the nrl has it right but in hockey (nhl) if you high stick a player, it's a penalty.

Doesn't matter if it is your fault or the other players, no ifs buts whens whys potatoes.

Where the nhl is smarter is the differences:

You're either off for only 2 mins or 4 if you draw blood. (which is 3.3% or 6.6% of the total game as compared to nrl's 12.5%)

If the opposition score when you're in the sin bin (penalty box) - the penalty is over and you get to return to the game.

Now a swinging arm to the head can be quite a lot worse than an incidental tap so I understand the differences, but if the nrl are going to stick with this rule, then I'm thinking the 10mins sin binning needs to be looked at.

To slip into a player and have that player sent is just silly.

PS - Coach robbo is a hypocritical glue eater.

though...

I just watched a nhl game where one player was hit in the face...blood pouring out and the refs basically went "no call.... it's the finals"

refs gunna get yelled at for that one!

Be honest, is there one game remaining in this round (other than ours) that anyone here is looking forward to watching?

So another sliding player/head high sin bin. FMD. once again what’s Fitzgibbon suppose to do. And you can tell there must’ve been a memo to the commentators overnight about blowing up about it. Warren Smith was the only one that called the sinbinning of Robson, and the application of the rule what it truly is,…..a complete travesty.
Bellamy will already have this worked out for tonight. Just before you get hit, dive forward at knee length, wait to get hit in the melon two feet off the ground, bye,bye,opposition player for 10.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4