Origin NPA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A bit harsh on Staggs, considering he got injured, but agree with the others.

Would be better off with Angus Crighton on the bench instead of Stephen.

*I'm a massive Fox fan and was truly bemused at his omission. He's long been may favorite non-manly player! With that said, I thought Tupou was incredible! He used to get driven back like Saab on kick returns but, now he drags 3-4 players for 10metres post contact! He exceeded my expectations.

*I'd prefer a Wighton-Crighton centre pairing next game.

*The only Time I saw Staggs was on the bench with an ice pack

*Api needs the 14 Jersey

*Watching that game, I'm afraid it was too quick for Jurbo. His omission was necessary...

*Sims and Martin need to make way for Angus Crighton and Haumole

*I really don't get the Kalomotongi hype. I rate even Kelma Tuilagi better than him

*Jeez they missed the Turbo and Latrell magic

Although the game is quick, it’s ultimately a war of attrition. Just because someone is deemed a bit smaller and more mobile doesn’t mean they are better suited to origin. Jake is all heart and imo was badly missed defensively in the middle. He’s as Gus would say “an origin player”. Nsw have very few in that pack and it showed last night. And before targeting the guys listed above what about Cleary and Luai? Made to look good in recent series by having arguably the most stacked outside backs in the history! (Teddy, Turbo, Latrell). Completely missing in big games, Cleary in particular.

Cleary wasn’t great and his kicking game was average but he was behind a beaten pack. Qld forwards were way better than ours. I think we missed jakes defence badly - and his heart. I personally don’t know if guac is ready for SOO. I feel like he’s not fit enough. I reckon he’ll play it eventually though.

It's funny how so many experts have gone on record saying players like the fox and Jurbo are the heart and soul of the nsw team..... well last night shows what happens to your team when you don't have either!

Whilst Slater has no experience at coaching in the NRL his bench selection and use of the bench was excellent. With he speed of the modern game the selection and use of the bench is critical. Just more evidence the game has gone way past sitting a player on the bench for 70 minutes.

NSW forwards were the issue last night.

Compare that to QLD debutants Carrigan & Cotter , just to point out a couple.

QLD 3-0 for 2022
I think it’s too early to give them the series 3-0.

But I 100% agree with the other points.

NSW will need to find some speed and energy in the forwards, if they don’t you may be on the money with 3-0

Crichton --> Api
Sims --> Haumole
Martin --> Kolomatangi/Angus Crichton
Tupou --> Fox
The first one has to happen. Api needs to be there

Crichton looked like a deer in headlights and can't be played for the rest of the series.

The criticism of S. Crichton is a bit harsh. He has never played off the bench before, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he struggled to adjust to the speed of the game when he came on. He will be much better for the run. Remember J Hodges’ debut and how he turned out?

I’d have Api in for Cook, who I think is a shadow of the player he once was. Then pick a guy like Hynes or Paps (if for) as the utility as they’ve played that role before.

I honesty have always thought Staggs is more hype then substance.

Not a bad player but not Origin IMO

I'd go

1.Tedesco
2.Addo-Carr
3.Crichton
4.Wighton
5.To'o
6.Luai
7.Cleary
8.Haas
9.Cook
10.Campbell-Gillard
11.Murray
12.Crichton
13.Yeo

14.Api/Hynes
15.Martin
16.Trbojevic (prop)
17.Olakau'atu/Keloamatangi (sp?)

Last edited:
I really didn't care, I just wanted a bashathon. Wanted couple of ACL's, dislocated shoulders, a few send offs. Of course just to balance the NRL competition. Just saying.

The other thing DCE, plays his best game of the year for a different team WTF

Most see Addo Carr as just a fast finisher, but he probes around the middle and wins plenty of momentum and I',m 100% sure Slater and the Qlders were happy to see Tupou who offers zero threat out there instead....
The forwards looked off the pace in general and only a couple of Cook burst out of dummy half created anything.
Staggs copped a bit of flack, but besides getting injured, only recall 1 early shift and he almost went through and looked dangerous...it was like NSW had a "we will win this at home" Attitude and once they realised they were in sh**, couldn't find the answers to get out of it.
Same old story imo, Qld looked hungrier and more passionate and this yet again proved the difference.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10